Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for knitmad > Reviews

Content by knitmad

knitmad

Silky Little Knits: Luxurious Designs and Accessories in Mohair-Silk Yarns
Silky Little Knits: Luxurious Designs and Accessories in Mohair-Silk Yarns
by Alison Crowther-Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE this book, 10 Aug. 2015
I LOVE this book. Knitting with very fine mohair takes a little getting used to, and make sure your yarn and needles are completely different colours. I have made many very beautiful items from this book, and will continue to use these patterns over and over again. Highly recommended.

A Woman of No Importance
A Woman of No Importance

2.0 out of 5 stars Purchased for the price tag, 1 May 2012
Given the price (free) it is hard to write a bad review, therefore I have given it 2 stars, as I have lost nothing, but I have not yet been able to download this onto my kindle. This may be due to the fact that I live in a location with very bad mobile and internet access, but the kindle adverts seem to suggest that that is no problem.

Alos, I cannot actually review this item as I have not yet seen it, I just wish that I could download it onto my computer and then transfer it to the kindle, or even plug the kindle into the computer and download it from that, with my basic, intermittent go to sleep speed dial-up internet connection.

Creative Embellishing
Creative Embellishing
by Teresa Searle

5.0 out of 5 stars Insprirational, 31 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Creative Embellishing (Paperback)
Having been given an embellisher as a present, I didn't have a clue what to do with it or what it could do,... untill I came across this book.

I haven't followed any of the patterns directly, as I don't have the required fabrics etc for that, but I have followed the principles and am amazed at what I have achieved.

This book should come with every new embellisher. I highly recommend it if you are unsure what to do with an embellisher.

Felt So Good: Over 30 Irrestistibly Cute, Cosy and Colourful Felted Projects
Felt So Good: Over 30 Irrestistibly Cute, Cosy and Colourful Felted Projects
by Betz White

2.0 out of 5 stars Not about felt making..., 18 Jan. 2012
This book is not about felt making, but more about what to do with jumpers that you have felted (accidentally or otherwise) in the washing machine. Oh, and only really good quality jumpers make the best results (think pure cashmere). On top of this the ideas of what to make are not so inspiring. The only thing it inspired me to make was a cupcake shaped pin cushion, which I knitted and then felted in the washer after sewing together, not really following anything in the book, just experimenting.
If you have a big stash of felted or worn out cashmere jumpers, this may well be the book for you. Otherwise I would recommend caution

Drawing the Landscape (Architecture)
Drawing the Landscape (Architecture)
by Chip Sullivan

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for, 17 Mar. 2011
AT LAST!!!

Just what I was looking for, a book to show me how to draw landscapes, gardens, grouped plants etc. Most drawing books concentrate on beginning with still life basic drawings, then jump into masterpieces. This book shows you how to create those masterpieces. If this sounds what your looking for, buy know, you won't be disappointed.

Knit & Purl Pets
Knit & Purl Pets
by Claire Garland

5.0 out of 5 stars fall in love with some new pets, but mind the printing errors, 4 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Knit & Purl Pets (Paperback)
I absolutely love this book, knitting toys in the round is definetly the way to go - sewing up is always so much of a hassle, but this book minimises this. However, do beware of the printing errors. The copy I have only has the first bit of the bird pattern, and there is no pattern for carrots for the rabbits as detailed in the description. I am hoping that the publishers will put these errors right, and I can't say that there aren't any more?
Fall in love with this book, but perhaps wait until it is reprinted without the errors, or at least give the publishers chance to add an extra page to cover them.