Profile for Queen Bee > Reviews

Content by Queen Bee

Queen Bee "Queeney" (Essex)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The Lift - Mini-Lifting System
The Lift - Mini-Lifting System
Offered by My Beauty Secrets
Price: 48.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick fix lift!, 12 Jun 2014
I was a regular user of this product a few years ago and loved it, but for reasons that I can't remember now I stopped. I saw an advert a coupe of weeks ago and thought "that was good stuff, why am I not still using it?"!
The packaging was slightly different a few years back with the products in pots, rather than sachets, but the sachets are far more useful as you use the right amount of product to get the mixture right, plus you could pop a couple in your travel bag for holiday use It's very easy to use and once mixed and applied the mask dries hard so you can feel the tightening effect. It's probably best not to look at yourself in the mirror once the mask is on, as you look like an extra for Thriller....but once removed you will be a bit blotchy for a while but the lifting effect is normally noticeable straight away. I find it particular good for the jowl area but would recommend leaving the mask on for 30-minutes to get the max effect.
If it's your first time using the product, you may need a couple of applications before you see a difference.
It's great to use before a special occasion.

Sudden Change Under-Eye Firm Serum 7 ml
Sudden Change Under-Eye Firm Serum 7 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Tricky to use, but works!, 12 Jun 2014
I have been a regular user of Eyesentuals and also Eye Secrets - two very similar, but far more expensive, products to this. I was looking for an alternative and came across this serum by chance. The bottle is very small, but then small amount of the serum goes a long way. I prefer the consistency of this serum compared to Eyesentuals/Eye Secrets as it's thinner and easier to blend. However, it's tricky to get the application right without it crusting up or looking white/powdery. As I'd used similar products I had a fair idea of how to apply it and have had no problem. My "trick" is to apply a very thin layer of eye cream first by carefully dabbing under the eye until the cream has completely sunk in. Leave for approx 5-minutes. Drop a couple of spots of Sudden Change serum on the back of your hand and use the tip of a cotton bud to dot/blend the serum under the eye on to the areas that need it most. Keep blending until dry, preferably with the cotton bud tip. I would also suggest you apply the serum once you have finished your make-up routine. I don't wear any make-up under my eyes and this might also help to get the look right. If you apply too much serum it will look white and chalky and will dry with an unnatural puckering effect, so less is definitely more.
Once applied the effect seems to last for around 10 hours.
I would highly recommend this product, as long as you can get the application right.

NeoCell 198g Super Collagen Powder
NeoCell 198g Super Collagen Powder
Offered by albert on the go
Price: 11.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to mix., 22 Mar 2014
I had been taking a collagen supplement for a while but thought I'd swap from the bottled ready made version to a powder form. I've only been using this for 2-weeks so far, so I haven't seen any miraculous results (yet!) but it's incredibly difficult to mix and tends to go lumpy with whatever you mix it with. I've been blending by hand, so maybe an electrical hand held blender would fare better, but I've found this off-putting. The taste is ok and I've mixed it with fruit juice and haven't been aware of any under taste. I will stick with this until I've used up the tub, but to date I've not been that impressed due to the unsightly mess left behind in the cup which makes me wonder how much of the product I'm actually drinking!

Pure GOLD COLLAGEN 30 Day Programme
Pure GOLD COLLAGEN 30 Day Programme
Offered by laZook
Price: 84.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Hit and miss but worked for me, 9 Mar 2014
Research would imply that collagen drinks do absolutely nothing for you as the body naturally flushes any benefit straight out, before the main ingredients have had a chance to do anything at all. However, I wanted to give this product a good work-out and drank a bottle everyday for 6-months. A rather expensive trial, but if you buy the product in Boots you can get three boxes of 10 for the price of two, which helps to spread the cost.
I made notes as to what I noticed along the way and my finding at age 45 were: after approx.2 weeks my lips seemed to be fuller! A strange thing to notice, as I never thought my lips were particularly thin, but they definitely seemed more plumped. After 1-month my hair was noticeably thicker and nails stronger. After 2-months the general condition of my skin (all over) was fantastic and far plumper, but I also take a very strong antioxidant (pycnogenol) which is renowned for it's skin benefits so I think this combined with the drinks made a potent remedy.
After 6-months, whilst I was pleased with the results on my skin and general health, I decided to give it a rest just to see if anything changed and sure enough within 2-3 weeks I noticed a marked deterioration in my skins and have now ordered a stronger based collagen drink (Neocell) to continue the work as an on-going experiment!
I guess in summary, I feel this product is very hit and miss - it works for some but not others and going back to my original comment about research, again this is sketchy and would imply these products do not work. However, my experience was pretty good, but it's an on-going investment which you have to stick with.

Olay CC Cream - Total Effects Tone Correcting Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15, 1.7 Fluid Ounce
Offered by MedClub
Price: 16.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Natural looking alternative to foundation., 9 Mar 2014
I've been using this product since it launched and find it to be a far more natural looking alternative to foundation. The coverage is light - which may not suit everyone - but as the technology has built in colour correction it evens out the skin tone really well.
Fortunately my skin is quite good with few blemishes so the sheer coverage suits me, but for a more challenging skin it may not be the answer. The product comes in three shades (only one is shown here) ranging from "lightest" to "dark". I use the lightest shade and find this is just right. The mixture of serum/moisturisers as a "swirl" looks really nice too and is a trend that has since been followed by other brands. It also has a built in SPF, which is a benefit, although I wear moisturiser and SPF underneath and add this on top.
At post 40 foundations can sit on the skin like a mask, highlighting every wrinkle and pore, this product does not do that at all and has a "no make-up, make-up" look and feel which I love. A lot of people comment on my skin for my age thinking I am not wearing make-up, so that's got to be good!
I would recommend this product

Festina Ladies Watch F16536/2 With Black Ceramic Inlay
Festina Ladies Watch F16536/2 With Black Ceramic Inlay
Offered by Watches2U
Price: 105.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful watch., 22 Dec 2013
I bought this as a 40th birthday present for my sister-in-law and she absolutely loves it. She's worn it every day since I gave it to her. The face is superb, very readable and the whole watch looks very classy. It can be worn day or evening and was altogether a great purchase.

urLash Eyelash Conditioning Serum (4ml) - 2 in 1 Growth Stimulator For Eyelashes and Eyebrows
Offered by Complete Confidence Ltd
Price: 29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price., 22 Dec 2013
There are so many lash serums on the market now - at differing prices - that it's very hit and miss to find one that works.
My post age 40 lashes had become very thin and a little patchy in places so I wanted something that would bring them back to life and plug the gaps! I've been using this for approx. 3-weeks now and the gaps on both lash strips have disappeared and my lashes are noticeably thicker. There is no difference in the length of my lashes, but with a volume boosting/lengthening mascara I'm very happy with the result and would recommend this product.
The price is quite reasonable too, but do be careful when applying as if you get it in your eyes it really stings!

H & L Russel Ltd Foldable Storage Box with Handle, Pink with Light Pink Trim, Large
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely & practical., 4 Aug 2013
I bought three of these boxes for storage on top of my wardrobes. They look really nice and are very neat in their design. Storage size is good and you can get quite a bit of "stuff" in them. Would have benefited from having a small card included that you could slip into the holder on the front of the box to detail what's inside. I made my own from postcards.
I like this range as it's good quality and I also bought the under bed storage in the same colour.

2 x 250 ml (500ml) Lectron II Conductivity Gel Double Value Pack - 500ml Conductive gel for TENS, EMS and Toning Pad Systems

5.0 out of 5 stars Great duo pack - real value, 4 Aug 2013
I bought this duo pack to use with a home neck toner. One tube has lasted me almost 18-months (using the toner once a week) so it's been an absolute bargain purchase. The gel is medium texture and glides on well. I'd keep a damp flannel at hand to remove from the skin afterwards as it doesn't seem to absorb into anything, so you need to ensure you remove all residue thoroughly from yourself and your appliance!.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great moisturiser at a good price!, 4 Aug 2013
Very reasonably priced and it works!
Most high end creams containing collagen cost a fortune and i've had mixed or no results whatsoever using them. This cream delivers as it absorbs well and leaves your skin feeling nourished and plump. It is a medium texture and can be used day or night (or both) although if you wear it during the day remember to add an SPF as there is no sun protection in this cream.
At post 40 I feel this has everything you need to maintain a healthy looking, nourished skin and will continue to use it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5