Profile for Queen Bee > Reviews

Content by Queen Bee

Queen Bee "Queeney" (Essex)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Montagne Jeunesse Spirit & Sparkle Face Masque Multipack ( 6 sachets )
Montagne Jeunesse Spirit & Sparkle Face Masque Multipack ( 6 sachets )

5.0 out of 5 stars An affordable skin treat!, 31 Oct 2011
I've been using these face-packs for quite a few years now and can honestly say that they are a lovely, affordable skin treat. They smell devine and are great for slapping on your face when taking a soak in the bath, to give your face a real pick-me-up.
At the moment the blueberry pack is my favourite as it leaves my skin feeling soft and looking radiant and it smells fabulous.
I'd definitely recommend using one of these before a night out for a lovely glow, or after a night out to give your face some TLC! Either way you can't really go wrong with this product as it's kind on your pocket and kind to your skin! Go for it...

Rio 60 Second Neck Toner
Rio 60 Second Neck Toner
Price: 24.70

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good... !, 5 Jun 2011
I was very sceptical as to whether this item would work and on reading all the reviews here they seemed quite mixed. I am a great fan of CACI facials, which are fantastic, but whilst I have these regularly I had noticed (at 40+) that my neck had started to age and I didn't liken it at all! I bought this really as a pick-me-up treatment to use between CACI treatments on my neck and, after using it every day for one week, have been mildly impressed with the results and am beginning to see an improvement in the area directly under neath my chin and a general lifting to the jawline.
The change, so far, is minimal but I do think with regular, continued use you could get a good result. However, it's worth mentioning that by having regular CACI treatments I already had a head start and my skin responds well to these type of treatments.
The negatives I feel I should mention are that the instructions with the product are not detailed enough in terms of how to position the device. It's a bit of a guessing game where exactly you should place the toner to get the best contractions and you do waste time in the beginning trying to find the right spot(s).
The controls are very light to the touch and it's easy to click on them in error whist you're repositioning the toner and either switch it off or change the intensity without meaning to.
Make sure you have lots of 9v batteries in stock as, if you use this daily, you'll need them and a regular supply of conductive gel!
My overall opinion is that this a reasonably priced item that - with regular, continued use - could produce good results, but with anything that tones the muscles if you don't keep it up, the results will be lost.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great chance discovery!, 31 May 2011
I discovered this product completely by chance as my mother was given a Guinot trial/tester pack at her local beauty salon. It contained three very small tubes of Guinot Peeling Radiance. I took them for my wash bag, not really knowing what they were, used one to slap on my face in the bath and haven't looked back!
The gel is light in texture with a very subtle coconut fragrance. It also has an irredescent sheen which you can see in the gel. You apply the gel to your face in a circular motion. As it's applied it becomes more liquid in texture. Unlike some gel based face products, this does not go sticky or clumpy and stays nicely "spreadable".
I normally leave the gel on my face for 10-15minutes and then wash it off and it leaves my skin feeling really nourished and brighter. If I use it in the evening I always feel my skin looks healthier the next morning and more alive. I always apply moisturiser after using.
Being over 40, I would thoroughly recommend this for mature skin to bring back radiance. It's also safe for sensitive skins.
You don't see Guinot in the shops as it tends to be more of a salon based product, but shop around for a good price as it can be expensive.

4.0 out of 5 stars Younger skin revealed!, 9 May 2011
As you would expect with Clinique a lot of research has gone in to refining this product, but I was cynical about how well it would work. Generally I have found products that claim to fade dark spots and blemishes to be pretty useless, but this product is surprisingly good.

Firstly, you will need to stick with it, as you will not see immediate results and you may need to use more than one tube before you notice a difference in the appearance of your skin. Secondly, you need to be realistic about the mark(s) you are trying to fade. If you've already had some sort of lightening/whitening treatment on your skin, any marks left will be quite stubborn to fade.

I've been using this on a 1p sized tan coloured blemish/age spot on my forehead. I am very fair and felt self-conscious of the mark. I'm over 40 and take very good care of my skin, but apart from the mark on my forehead, I had also noticed some freckling start to appear around my eyes. This product has helped in both cases and the freckling has almost completely gone and the blemish on my forehead has now shrunk to the size of a small pea and is much lighter. I've used two tubes in total and I may need a third, but at least it's worked! The general condition of my skin is good but this product seems to have given my complexion a much lighter/finer texture.

The serum itself is light, it soaks into the skin nicely without leaving a film and the pump dispenser is well designed and easy to use. The tube is quite neat and easy to store.

As the product has been such a success Clinique are now selling it in packs of two, which can be better value. Also, look out for Clinique bonus time events to get value for money.
I would definitely recommend this product, but don't forget to use sunscreen too - Clinique's Super City block is excellent.

Slendertone Women's Tricep Muscle Toning Garment
Slendertone Women's Tricep Muscle Toning Garment
Price: 31.50

3.0 out of 5 stars No pain, no gain!, 9 May 2011
Before reviewing Slendertone I think it's fair to mention what the product isn't. Slendertone is not a substitute for the gym, a weight-loss system or a gadget to reduce the appearance of cellulite, so if you're looking to achieve any of those results you will be disappointed. However, what Slendertone can achieve, with regular use, is mild toning. You certainly won't look like an athlete, but it can help with the battle against gravity!

I already owned the Slendertone shorts system and knew this was a very good quality product. The arms are easier to tone than thighs, so I thought I would get better results from this system than the shorts and, for me, I was right!

The system is easy to use, but when purchasing make sure you already have the controller!! I found the arm garments easy to put on and remove but I think it's fair to say you won't be able to wear this system and carry on with tasks around the house - like you can to a certain degree with the shorts. The settings are quite strong and stimulate the muscles to straighten the arm voluntarily. You won't be able to sit with a cup of tea unless you want to wear it!

Also, as a beginner you won't be able to set the controller particularly high. I've been involved in sport for a long time and I can't set it much above 35! How anyone could get to 99 I will never know. Also the power surges can be a little painful. It's not a terrible pain but you are aware of the surges and it creates a definite harsh tingle against the skin. This increases as you set the controller higher.

If you can stick with this you will see results. I've been using the system for 3-4 weeks and can see a difference. I'm over 40 and had noticed the skin on my arms was starting to look less than youthful due to lack of toning. This has improved as the skin on the front of my arms looks "lifted" and the back of my arms look and feel firmer.

I'm sticking with it, especially with the better weather on the way and my summer wardrobe calling me!
Therefore my overall conclusion on this system is that with regular use you will see results, but the harsh tingling pain can be off-putting.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 11, 2012 9:20 AM BST

Slendertone System Shorts Toning Product
Slendertone System Shorts Toning Product

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but don't expect miracles!, 9 May 2011
Before reviewing Slendertone I think it's best to mention what the product isn't. Slendertone is not a substitute for the gym, a weight-loss system or a gadget to reduce the appearance of cellulite, so if you're looking to achieve any of those you will be disappointed. However, what Slendertone can achieve, with regular use, is mild toning. You certainly won't look like an athlete, but it can help with the battle against gravity!

I had a pair of Slendertone shorts quite a few years ago and completely wore them out during a period when I couldn't exercise due to injury. They were the older style shorts, with the battery operated controller attached to the shorts. I was immediately impressed with the new shorts, firstly because the material is better quality, secondly the controller is detachable and mains re-charegeable so no need for packets and packets of batteries, as with the old controller. The shorts also come with a very handy drawstring storage bag, which is a great idea as previously the old shorts were quite cumbersome to store.

The shorts are very easy to use. There is a knack to removing the pad covers, but once you've mastered this there's really no problem. The controller is also easy to use, but I would say that the level(s) you set the controller to really are dependant on your own level of muscle fitness. For me there was absolutely no point wasting any time on the lower levels as they had no effect whatsoever. The only setting that has any effect for me is 99, which is the highest level.

I've been using the shorts now for around 5-6 weeks and in terms of results I've noticed that whilst my bottom seems more toned and less "dimply" there hasn't been much change to my thighs. I'm persevering but, as a one time athlete, I do feel that the only way to get real results is to push yourself physically at the gym whilst following a healthy, balanced diet.

Therefore my overall conclusion on this product is that for those who have never been a slave to the gym, the results you get from these shorts may be worthwhile, but for those who have followed a regular exercise regime you may be disappointed.

I also have the Slendertone arms system, which I have reviewed separately.

York Fitbells Blue 1 x 3.0kg
York Fitbells Blue 1 x 3.0kg
Price: 8.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavier than I thought!, 6 Feb 2011
This review is from: York Fitbell - 1 x Single (Sports)
Due to my waistline expanding over the Christmas period, I invested in a home "tone up/fatburn" DVD (despite having gym membership that I never use) and needed some handheld weights to use during the work outs.
Rather than a couple of dumb bells that looked like they'd been knocking about in Hulk Hogan's garage, I wanted something smart and modern. I knew York was a good make and soon found these 3kg handhelds, which I liked the look of.
The weights arrived well packaged and my first thought was "you need to be fit to lift these" as they were much heavier than I imagined. This turned out to be a good thing as my "toning" is going well and maybe the process would have been longer with a lighter weight.
In terms of looks, the weights have a plastic/vinyl style cover which is easy to grip and makes storage easier as they don't slip/roll on polished surfaces and stay put. I keep mine in the wardrobe, but they would look smart on show if you lacked storage space. The only thing I've noticed about the covering is that it does seem to attract dust and specs through static, so I normally have to wipe them down before use.
I would have preferred pink, but the blue is just as nice.
A satisfied, almost toned, customer.

Elizabeth Arden Body Care Cream 300 ml
Elizabeth Arden Body Care Cream 300 ml
Offered by FragrancesCosmeticsPerfumes
Price: 9.94

5.0 out of 5 stars An old favourite!, 23 Jan 2011
As the title suggests, this is an old favourite of mine because it really is a great all over body moisturiser.
The texture of the lotion is light, it's easily absorbed, with a fresh fragrance that is pleasant, but not over powering. As it's quite a light, fresh smell you can easily wear your favourite scent on top without fear of smelling over-perfumed!
The cream leaves a lovely fine sheen on your skin that lasts all day, but it's not greasy.
With prolonged use your skin will definitely feel smoother and look nourished, which is why I continue to use it.
Also, the pump dispenser is a good addition to the packaging and works well as the cream is quite fluid so it doesn't get blocked.
It's a great holiday cream too as the light fragrance is perfect for warm evenings.
This product is reasonably priced, but it's always worth shopping around for bargains as some stores have promotions running where you can make a saving.
I would especially recommend this body cream to the 35+ age group.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than Uggs!, 10 Nov 2010
I had been looking for a sturdy pair of Ugg style boots, but had been disappointed in other brands as they soon look tatty and seem to "walk over" at the back easily looking slouchy and messy. When I saw these RocketDog boots I was immediately impressed with the sole, which is sturdy and hard wearing. Also, the back of the boot (the part behind the heel) is quite tough so it won't walk over or under your foot.
The suede is lovely quality and I would recommend using a suede protector as soon as you buy them to ensure they remain in good condition in all weathers.
The boots are exceptionally comfortable, like wearing slippers, and once I have them on I don't want to take them off.
Price-wise they are a bargain, much better value (and better quality) than Uggs or other High Street brands. I'd love a pair in every colour, but sadly I don't have the wardrobe space!
I was a little concerned on the sizing after reading other reviews, but I am a size 7, ordered a 7 and it fits perfectly with normal thickness socks. They may be a little tight with super thick socks, but I don't think you'd need them with the warm lambswool lining.
Fast delivery (received within a week of ordering) and I would highly recommend.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 30, 2010 3:03 PM GMT

Olay Total Effects Wake Up Wonder 30 ml (Packaging Varies)
Olay Total Effects Wake Up Wonder 30 ml (Packaging Varies)
Offered by BrandedBeauty
Price: 7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice & affordable!, 7 Sep 2010
I think the Olay range offers a very affordable and well researched selection of products, so I was interested to try this new moisturiser as part of their Total Effects range.
The moisturiser has a very nice, fresh aroma which I liked immediately. The cream sinks nicely into the skin without leaving any residue and it does seem to illuminate the skin, without leaving an un-natural "glowing" film on the surface. My skin did indeed look "woken up" after I used it in the morning. It also sits well under make-up.
At 40+ I follow a strict regime to keep my skin in top condition and normally use high-end products, but I do like this moisturiser as it returns a youthful zest to my complexion which sadly disappears with age.
My only disappointment is that the dispenser is quite small, but to it's advantage it's a great size for travelling or to keep in your handbag.
I would certainly recommend this moisturiser, but don't expect it to work miracles.
Boots and Superdrug do very good deals on Olay products from time-to-time so always shop about for the best price and offers, although the price tag is very affordable compared to other anti-ageing ranges.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5