Profile for Caro at Corporart > Reviews

Content by Caro at Corporart

Caro at Corporart "Caro" (London, England)

Apples for Jam: A Colorful Cookbook
Apples for Jam: A Colorful Cookbook
by Tessa Kiros

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful and Delicious!, 24 Jun. 2011
All the books by Tessa Kiros offer not only good recipes but they are a visual treat. Having quince trees I was delighted to find an excellent recipe for Quince Jam, this is a much-neglected fruit, although it is now found more and more in our local Ludlow market each autumn. Many of the recipes are simply made yet offer innovative ingredience. The rack of pork with fennel and honey was a great success with my family.

Falling Cloudberries: A World of Family Recipes
Falling Cloudberries: A World of Family Recipes
by Tessa Kiros

5.0 out of 5 stars On Cloud Nine, 28 May 2011
I really enjoyed this book, not only the recipes but the beauty of the publication.
It is such a pleasure to find interesting new recipes interspersed with beautiful photography.

Marcel Duchamp: Eros, C'Est LA Vie: A Biography
Marcel Duchamp: Eros, C'Est LA Vie: A Biography

5.0 out of 5 stars Duchamp and the Emperor's new clothing., 30 Oct. 2010
Love him or hate him, Marcel Duchamp made us think about "what is art?" with his ready-mades. Alice Goldfarb Marquis puts his case in her usual well-considered way. Having read all her books I always awaited the next with great impatience.
I read that she had begun a novel about the art world but sadly this was not completed before her death. I cannot recommend her books highly enough.

An Illustrated Guide to Lace
An Illustrated Guide to Lace
by E. Reigate

5.0 out of 5 stars A Love of Lace., 30 Oct. 2010
This is an excellent and very comprehensive guide to lace. Beautifully illustrated, it makes identifying most lace quite simple. There is a wide range of types of lace covered and the text is extensive and fascinating to those of us who have a love of lace.

Crampton Hodnet
Crampton Hodnet
by Barbara Pym

5.0 out of 5 stars One of Pym's best!, 29 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Crampton Hodnet (Hardcover)
Crampton Hodnet is one of Pym's finest stories. "Excellent Women" is hard to beat but "Crampton Hodnet" was the second of her novels I read many years ago - and it made me long for more. Since then I have read every story she wrote and in recent years I have enjoyed re-reading them all.

Barbara Pym was sadly under-rated in her lifetime but those of us who discovered her in the 1970s became devotees. Philip Larkin helped to bring her to the attention of my generation and I would encourage anyone who loves her books to read E.M.Delafield too. I envy those who have yet to discover these wonderful women!

Read them all - and when you do you will want to join the Barbara Pym Society to share the joy and for endless pleasure!

Art Lessons: Learning from the Rise and Fall of Public Arts Funding
Art Lessons: Learning from the Rise and Fall of Public Arts Funding

5.0 out of 5 stars Art Lessons from Alice Goldfarb Marquis, 26 Dec. 2009
I bought this book the day it was published and took it on a long train journey with me. I simply could not put it down! Before I knew it I was at my destination!
I would rate it as one of the most riviting books I have ever read on the subject and would highly recommend it to all others working in the arts. If asked to choose who I would most like to have for dinner, Alice Goldfarb Marquis would be top of my list!

Alfred H. Barr, Jr: Missionary for the modern
Alfred H. Barr, Jr: Missionary for the modern

5.0 out of 5 stars Alfred Barr, Missionary for the Modern, 25 Dec. 2009
Another excellent, readable book from Alice Goldfarb Marquis. This author never disappoints. Alfred Barr makes an most fascinating study, his importance in 20th. century art makes a most riveting read.