Profile for A reviewer > Reviews

Bosmere B425 6-Seat Picnic Table Cover
Bosmere B425 6-Seat Picnic Table Cover
Price: 21.99

4.0 out of 5 stars This came just as the right time, 7 Jun 2014
This arrived in the nick of time, just before it started raining, then didn't stop! The only negative I can find about it is that the shoelaces which tie the cover on can work their way undone, so we have to tie them up then make sure the leg is standing on the ends of the tie.

Pegasus and the Origins of Olympus
Pegasus and the Origins of Olympus
by Kate O'Hearn
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what a child enjoys, 7 Jun 2014
My daughter has the other books in this series, so I bought this for her and she read it in one sitting. She loves it. She's read the whole set about three times so far. She's 9 if that helps anyone else looking for books for children of that age.

Doctor Who - The Beginning (An Unearthly Child [1963] / The Daleks [1963] / The Edge of Destruction [1964]) [DVD]
Dvd ~ William Hartnell
Price: 10.75

1.0 out of 5 stars What can I say, 22 Feb 2014
I've been watching Doctor Who since I was very young in 1969 and thoroughly enjoyed it in all that time. However when I do see old episodes, even from when I watched it all those years ago, it's very obvious that it's far better now. This original series was obviously very pioneering for its day, but the sets are awful, the stories drag out, and I've seen better acting at my local (really bad) amateur dramatic society. It's fine for nostalgic purposes only.

Doctor Who 12-inch 50th Anniversary Collector Edition Dalek
Doctor Who 12-inch 50th Anniversary Collector Edition Dalek
Offered by Essextoyhunter
Price: 31.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Son loves it, 22 Feb 2014
We bought this for my son as a Christmas present, and it's in pride of place on his desk. I wouldn't say it's very robust - the bits would snap off very easily if you're not careful, so definitely not a toy.

Horrible Histories - Series 5 [DVD]
Horrible Histories - Series 5 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mathew Baynton
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Feb 2014
I've bought every series. They're fantastic fun for children and adults. What a shame they're not making any more. Luckily they're making a film about William Shakespeare so that will be on order as soon as it's available.

Memoir of Jane Austen
Memoir of Jane Austen
Price: 0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Luckily it was free, 22 Feb 2014
Dull is the only word to describe this. There wasn't much about Jane Austen in it which isn't available in other books. He definitely didn't inherit his aunt's ability with the written word.

Pride and Prejudice (Special Edition) [DVD] [1995]
Pride and Prejudice (Special Edition) [DVD] [1995]
Dvd ~ Colin Firth
Price: 6.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Feb 2014
As a huge fan of Jane Austen and period dramas in general, I've recently managed to get my husband to start watching them (and he really enjoys them). I wanted this series for my collection as I enjoyed it on tv. There are elements of this series, and elements of the film with Matthew McFadyen/Keira Knightley which I would love to merge in order to make it perfect. I love Colin Firth in this, but Matthew McFadyen is my favourite Mr Darcy. However David Bamber in this series is fantastic as Mr Colins and I wish he could have been in the film! This series is very faithful to the original story (apart from the wet shirt scene of course) and very enjoyable to watch and watch and watch again.

Dr Who Style Maroon Bow Tie - Polyester - Pre Tied - Fancy Dress
Dr Who Style Maroon Bow Tie - Polyester - Pre Tied - Fancy Dress
Offered by evaloude Bows & Ties
Price: 2.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Look like The Doctor, 22 Feb 2014
My daughter wanted this for her 9th birthday to go with the fez she also wanted for her birthday because she's a huge fan of Doctor Who. It's surprisingly decent quality for the price, although her neck is a little small for it!

Adults Multipocket Fishing Vest Olive L
Adults Multipocket Fishing Vest Olive L
Offered by Dallas Wear Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good item, 22 Feb 2014
My husband loves this kind of jacket and has had many over the years which have eventually got tatty. He's very pleased with the quality of this one - plus it has lots of pockets which he likes.

Moroccan Fez Hat Fancy Dress Adult One size Costume
Moroccan Fez Hat Fancy Dress Adult One size Costume
Offered by Crazy Bargains 91
Price: 3.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like that!, 22 Feb 2014
My daughter is a fan of Doctor Who and asked for a fez for her 9th birthday because as the Doctor says "Fez's are cool!".

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5