Profile for Beth > Reviews

Luminarc 0.5 Litre Glass Jug
Luminarc 0.5 Litre Glass Jug
Offered by Dealsdirect247

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little water/juice jug, 7 April 2014
So glad I found this jug - I had the exact same one for years which unfortunately got dropped recently and broke. I really like the shape and size of it and it is excellent quality.

Road Of The Loving Heart
Road Of The Loving Heart

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully inspiring, 7 Sept. 2012
Phamie's music is so relaxing and yet wonderfully inspiring. Listen closely and you will realise she must be superhuman with at least 3 hands to play some of them (especially when you see the sheet music)! Seriously though, she is a beautiful pianist, so emotional and yet uplifting at the same time, full of grace and heart. If you like Einaudi but want something that flows with more melodies then definitely get this. It's amazing how you can make music sound Scottish, that element comes across without being too much or excluding anyone. I currently have this on repeat and it will be an album I will keep coming back to in years to come I am sure. I would love to try the sheet music for this and see her perform someday too.

Salter Multiweigh Kitchen Scales White
Salter Multiweigh Kitchen Scales White
Offered by MightyHousewares

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 23 May 2012
We bought these to replace similar scales by Hanson which had lasted us years, and we expected the high quality associated with the Salter name...how disappointed we were!
They are very inaccurate, the lines are not evenly spaced and the base slides all over the place at the slightest nudge which knocks out your measurements. If you have too much of an ingredient and take some out, the marker actually goes up not down! The bowl is quite shallow and has no pouring lip which makes it difficult to use. The only good thing about these scales is that they are compact, but for us the less of them we see the better! If we still had the packaging we would have sent them back and we certainly would not recommend them to anyone. We have now bought digital ones from Lakeland and they are brilliant.

JUDGE HIGH OVAL STAINLESS STEEL SELF BASTING ROASTER. 32CM.
JUDGE HIGH OVAL STAINLESS STEEL SELF BASTING ROASTER. 32CM.
Offered by Cutting Edge Cookware

4.0 out of 5 stars Not convinced so far..., 2 April 2012
I bought this roaster to replace our ancient one and the design of this seemed similar. Judge is also a name I would trust. Some people have said the lid does not fit well - we discovered that it actually locks into place and then you can even pick the whole thing up by the lid. The problem with this is that there is no vent for steam to escape and upon first use the lid blew off part way through roasting, presumably due to a build up of pressure!! The meat also comes out very wet - not exactly what I would call self-basting, just soaking!! In effect, it is actually a steamer. I will continue to use it as it is better than nothing, but I may have to purchase something more suitable in the not too distant future. It looks good and the handles are a great help.

SanDisk Secure Digital (SD) Memory Card 512 MB
SanDisk Secure Digital (SD) Memory Card 512 MB
Offered by pianumina

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 12 April 2007
I was so impressed with this memory card, it seems to store so much and is so cheap! I usually buy Sandisk memory cards now because I know I can trust them. I've bought 3 so far and none of them have ever gone wrong. They also come with a little case to keep them safe which is handy.

The Choirboys
The Choirboys
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Such pure voices!, 1 Nov. 2006
This review is from: The Choirboys (Audio CD)
My Dad bought this album for my Mum last Christmas because she heard a couple of the songs on Classic FM and loved them. It's a beautiful album and they reach such high notes with what seems like no effort! And yet when you read the booklet in the CD case, you discover that they are just normal teenage boys! Their voices are so pure and I would say this is the best album of this genre around.

Heart Like A Wheel/Old Town
Heart Like A Wheel/Old Town

5.0 out of 5 stars A 'must-have' for all Corrs fans! :), 4 Dec. 2005
I just love both these songs! All four members of The Corrs are extremely talented musicians, they're simply brilliant!
However, after listening to clips of the new album and reading several reviews, I have decided to just buy the single of Heart Like A Wheel/Old Town and not the album.
I was a little disappointed with the album, as the songs seem to be a lot more dreary and slower than their last album, Borrowed Heaven, which was a great success. I am glad they chose to release these two songs together, as they are, without a doubt, the best tracks on the new album, Home.
Congratulations to The Corrs, I've had 'Old Town' stuck in my head for two days now! It's so catchy with the funky bassline and Andrea's vocals are top notch! And if you are a pianist, you will be amazed with Jim's piano playing on 'Heart Like A Wheel,' it's so good!
Well, all I can say is that if you're a Corrs fan (and you're mad not to be), then go and buy this single, you'll just love it! :)