Profile for Shank's Pony > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Bosmere G185 Bin Bag Loader
Bosmere G185 Bin Bag Loader

1.0 out of 5 stars Sadly, as good as usless., 18 Mar. 2016
Having used the previous version of this bag loader for some years, I thought that it was time to change it as it had become brittle. I bought the new model (G185) and tried it out.............What a disappointment! It is soft, flimsy and failed to uncoil more than 8-10 inches in diameter, even after being in the sunshine. I complained to Bosmere, whose response was a rather generic reply to say that I should return the product for a refund. This I did, and grateful to see the back of it. I will now try to find a garden centre who just might have stock of the original spec Bag Loader which was just great!

LED Lenser M7RX Rechargeable Focusing LED Torch Black in Hard Case 600 Lumens
LED Lenser M7RX Rechargeable Focusing LED Torch Black in Hard Case 600 Lumens

4.0 out of 5 stars Small yet powerful., 4 Jan. 2016
Very impressive light from such a small torch. The floating charge is a great idea and works very well. The slide to focus is also good allowing you to adjust the focus single handed. This being said, it would have been nice to have an in-car USB accessory plug included. This is available but sold separately.

LED LENSER 37 Tactical Professional Holster
LED LENSER 37 Tactical Professional Holster
Offered by LED idee

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Holster. Well designed., 4 Jan. 2016
Straight out of the box you can appreciate that this is a quality product. It will fit various belt widths and thicknesses and locks to the belt. Also, it can swivel 360 degrees to enable the torch to shine ahead from the belt 'hands-free'. The torch clamp may also be locked in place for security.
My M7RX will fit in the holster either way up but I prefer to fit the lens in the 'cup' for protection.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product which works well for those with largge hands., 27 Nov. 2015
This model is much bigger than the standard Felco's and is intended to be used by gardeners with large hands. I needed these for cutting thicker stems than my Felco # 7 could cope with without resorting to using loppers. They work very well indeed with either one hand or two, for when more pressure needs to be applied to do the job. Now PLEASE NOTE.......Bypass secateurs and loppers are designed to be used for cleanly cutting green and living wood whilst Anvil secateurs and loppers are designed to cut old dead and woody growth. Right tool...Proper job!

Felco FEL7  Model  7 Classic Secateurs
Felco FEL7 Model 7 Classic Secateurs

5.0 out of 5 stars They stand the test of time., 6 Nov. 2015
I've had mine for 20 - 25 years now and they were well worth the investment. The only part being replaced was the blade, all other parts original although the swivel handle will slip off from time to time. As all parts are replaceable, these are like 'Trigger's broom' (only fools and horses) and potentially could last forever!

Felco Folding Saw Model 600
Felco Folding Saw Model 600

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the best!, 4 Nov. 2015
I have been using one of these for 3 - 4 years now. What an excellent saw! I have used it to cut cleanly small branches and limbs up to 5 inches diameter with ease. For those users who have damaged the tip........It is a pull saw, cutting as it does on the pull stroke NOT the push!
Indeed I like it so much I bought another, for if and when the first becomes blunt. Don't waste your money on cheap imitations - buy one of these and you won't be disappointed!

Felco F912 Leather Cone Holster
Felco F912 Leather Cone Holster

3.0 out of 5 stars Mine is easily over 20 years old and still going, 2 Nov. 2015
Mine is easily over 20 years old and still going. Over the years, the leather will form to the shape of the Felco's. The downside to this holster is that the belt clip is not large enough and it has become detached from my belt on many occasions, luckily I have retraced my work area to find it.
I no longer clip it to my belt due to this and now sheath the Felco's within the holster........and put them in my pocket!
So the idea is good but really should be improved.

Meindl Meran Shoes
Meindl Meran Shoes
Offered by Gudenkauf GmbH - backpacks, outdoor & more
Price: £146.11 - £146.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Really comfortable boots., 23 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Meindl Meran Shoes (Apparel)
I am now on my second pair and will soon be buying a third.......I like these boots so much and I certainly do use them, often daily.
Most boots are simply too narrow for me but the Meindl comfort fit, fits me just fine. I know some people go on about Gore-Tex being hot in Summer, well I don't agree with that at all. I also have the Meindl Desert Fox boots which are a hot weather boot, no Gore-Tex but I don't feel that they are any cooler to wear. Don't be put off by the suede finish as this will soon flatten after a while.

Hayter 496 Harrier 48 Pro Autodrive Petrol Lawnmower
Hayter 496 Harrier 48 Pro Autodrive Petrol Lawnmower
Offered by ISE Forest & Garden

4.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of power with good results., 23 Oct. 2015
Having bought and used one of these in the past month, I can say that overall I am pleased with it. The engine is powerful and easy to start and you can adjust the throttle revs to suit mowing conditions. Just 4 stars as it comes with an ABS deck liner which 'may' break but is easily replaced. This does however, aid the flow of grass to the bag without the grass sticking in all those nooks and crannies.

Spear & Jackson 2422NB Neverbend Root Breaker 100mm Wide Tubular Steel Shaft
Spear & Jackson 2422NB Neverbend Root Breaker 100mm Wide Tubular Steel Shaft
Offered by GM Suppliers

5.0 out of 5 stars A most useful tool., 17 Oct. 2015
Very good indeed. I have used this for cutting Ash and Sycamore sapling roots as well as controlling the spread of Bamboo. The weight of the steel shaft really helps the cutting and the length is just right.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10