Profile for Ian Lancaster > Reviews

Content by Ian Lancaster

Ian Lancaster "LANGY7" (NEWCASTLE, ENGLAND)

Pushing the Limits: The Two-Time World MotoGP Champion's Own Explosive Story
Pushing the Limits: The Two-Time World MotoGP Champion's Own Explosive Story

4.0 out of 5 stars Casey Stoner ~ Better than most racers takes., 9 Feb 2014
I've read quite a few racers stories over the years, the best being Wayne Raineys, but this comes a close second.
Interesting from his early years, he rode most of the time....

Those In Peril (Hector Cross Novels)
Those In Peril (Hector Cross Novels)

3.0 out of 5 stars Those in peril....., 12 July 2011
Was really looking forward to reading the latest from Wilbur Smith, felt let down after reading it. Had to keep checking to see if I had indeed chosen a `Clive Cussler` novel!! The main chatacter`s didn`t seem to mourn over a close relatives` demise. It did keep me turning the pages but I could see what was unfolding before my eyes. Past books about Africa have very good detail of the surroundings that you think you are actually there. Not up to his usual standards I`m afraid. The `hidden` compartments in the ship, come on!!

Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle, after 1 month., 10 Feb 2011
Bought this item after watching the video advert on Amazon & talking to two owners who ran me through the controls etc....

I decided to purchase the wi-fi version as most of my downloading would be done at home.

I find most books are competitevely priced compared to other sellers. I work on a North Sea Oil platform and the Kindle allows me to carry a lot of books with next to no weight in my baggage, which is good for both the handlers & my shoulder!!

I`ve noticed I`ve started reading books `faster` on the Kindle as there are no page numbers just percentage of novel read. For example THE LOST SYMBOL would normally have taken up my full trip offshore but I read it in a week, time allowing, break/lunch/ evenings.

I`d certainly recommend this to commuters, travellers etc.