Profile for A. L. Stone > Reviews

Content by A. L. Stone

A. L. Stone "NICKSSS" (Sudbury, Suffolk England)

Page: 1 | 2
This One's Different [VINYL]
This One's Different [VINYL]

4.0 out of 5 stars Howlers first EP..., 5 Dec 2011
I first heard about this band when I got my tickets for the Vaccines concert! I looked them up and saw they were tipped to be one of the best new indie bands of 2012... When i saw them live they blew me away! So I ordered their EP.

I have to say its not as good as I thought it would be. Live obviously sounded better! No reason to be disappointed... Im gonna say by the time their first full length album comes out they will be truly perfect. When you listen to this album it is obvious the band takes influence in vocals and guitar from The Strokes. So if you like them, you will like Howler!

Its a good CD... I think seeing them live got my hopes up a bit but I am definitely going to be listening to this EP again and I will be eagerly awaiting their upcoming album!

Rockburn 10 foot with Moulded 1 inch Jacks Guitar Lead - Green
Rockburn 10 foot with Moulded 1 inch Jacks Guitar Lead - Green

2.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this!, 22 Nov 2011
I bought one of these about 2 months ago... it was completely fine the first few weeks. But soon the moulded black bit kept coming lose and you had to have that connected to the silver bit for it to work! And it wouldnt connect... now i have an un usable lead and im buying another one...

2 stars. Good length is the only positive thing

And you probably wont get the colour you ask for... i ordered 2 a yellow and a red. The yellow one came red. And the red one came Turquoise!!!

Torches
Torches

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING., 9 Oct 2011
This review is from: Torches (Audio CD)
Yes. Although similar to Passion Pit, MGMT and even Two Door Cinema Club, Foster the People brings something new to the table! All the songs i find are really catchy. I am loving this CD so much im going to see them in London in a couple of months! I expect big things from this band.. a lot of techno-ish sounds, great album artwork aswell..

Over all a well worth it CD. Catchy Songs. Nice instrumental parts. Really summery/happy feel!

Levy's 2-inch Polypropylene Guitar Strap with Lightning Bolt - Red
Levy's 2-inch Polypropylene Guitar Strap with Lightning Bolt - Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Good strap!, 9 Oct 2011
Very good quality strap with a really nice design.... But if you are looking for something that you can make shorter so you're guitar/whatever is higher then i would advise getting something else. Because the white lightning bolt is made of leather.. there for it doesnt really look good bent!

Sony DCRSX15EB Handycam Camcorder - Black (50x Optical Zoom, 0.8 MP, 2.7 inch LCD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Sony SX15!, 9 Oct 2011
Ive decided i will just give you the facts and figures and give a small overview but you can make your mind up!
Pros-
1. Small/Light
2. Easy to use
3. Really Good Zoom!
4. Excellent Battery Life and just plug in to charge (No fiddling about with batteries)
5. Good light on the front of camera
6. Good quality sound produced
7. Manual and Auto focus
8. CHEAP!

Cons-
1. Manual lens cover is a bit annoying... but manageable
2. Not very good image quality in low lighting but for the price you're paying!

OVERALL.... a well worth it product for a first time video camera owner. But if you are looking for those pristine shots and crystal sound quality i would advise spending another £50 on a HD sony camcorder because in my opinion they are the best! But i will definitely use this camera a lot!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 1, 2012 2:32 AM BST

Intex Easy Set Up 10 Foot x 30 Inch Pool
Intex Easy Set Up 10 Foot x 30 Inch Pool

4.0 out of 5 stars Well depends what you call easy..., 18 July 2010
Well as it maybe called easy setup but it would take a hell of a long time to do by foot pump (which is what you should use), but my dad being lay we used a car pump which had it done n about 15 minutes. It took about 4-5 hours to fill with a pretty rubbish hose! But it is worth it after an afternoon of effort it will bring you hours of joy!!

Its big so you can fit like 7 people in!
Its deep enough to have fun, but not deep enough for little kids to drown!
You can attach a filter to it
After you blown the ring up you can just leave it and it grows by itself!!! MAGIC!! :D

It will bring your family closer together :)

BUT! It does not come with a cover as the picture suggests, neither does it come with any sort of pump or filter. Just the pool and instructions.
I would say for the price it is an excellent product for the summer 2010!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2013 1:06 PM BST

Who Writes This Crap?
Who Writes This Crap?
by Joel Stickley

5.0 out of 5 stars He came to my school!! :), 18 July 2010
This review is from: Who Writes This Crap? (Paperback)
In sometime May-June 2010 Luke wright came to my school and i really enjoyed it all the poetry really makes you think! I really enjoyed this book, good for journeys and a laugh! :D Buy it!!!

Mirrors Edge TP
Mirrors Edge TP
by Rhianna Pratchett

4.0 out of 5 stars Mirrors Edge comic!, 19 May 2010
This review is from: Mirrors Edge TP (Paperback)
I usually only buy marvel and darkhorse when its to comics but I thought id venture into DC/Wildstorm territory!
And what a decision.

Lets start with the story, a bit short and unfinished it seems but the same with the game. Its set 4 years before the events in the game. Kate, Faith, Mercury, Kreeg and return along with runner: Leaf, Faiths dad and we get to see the infamous DRAKE! Jackknife and Celeste don't appear.

The art: Well when I first opened it I was reminded of Hellboy, and If you've ever read that it's like that. I really like the way the covers show a different aspect to the city and Faith. Yeah, the way they've done it also makes the free running aspect look stunning and actiony! :)

So for the price that its going at I would buy it for sure, Good but short story, and art is brilliant.

Marbel Run Transparent
Marbel Run Transparent
Offered by Otherland

5.0 out of 5 stars CLASSIC!, 7 April 2010
This review is from: Marbel Run Transparent (Toy)
I am not a parent or a small child but i am 14 and had this toy whe i was about 4-8 lasted all that time and i even still play with now, infact yesterday i did it works like a beauty! Its sturdy, its fun, and most of all it last and packs away easily! :) BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT!! But mine is slightly different colours and the stand things on the bottom... BUY IT!

Rotastak Lunar Module Hamster, Gerbil, Mouse Cage Home
Rotastak Lunar Module Hamster, Gerbil, Mouse Cage Home

1.0 out of 5 stars Why Me?, 4 April 2010
Well i'll tell you a story, i thought to give my hamster chino a nice treat id buy her a play cage... so we went down to the pet store and bought the rotostak lunar module! The worst day of my life :(

First i had to sort out all the little bits the instructions arent very clear but i managed to figure it out in the end. Next i started putting together the base of it like the big basin in the bottom and did that, after i had completed this, feeling quite happy with myself ,i started putting on the blue tubes they fit perfectly but it did take a bit of strength.

After the blue tubes the anti knaw rings came they fit to the blue ones but the diffo size didnt fit the clear tubes... But i continued next came the yellow bubble thing which came in 2 parts but there were 4 and guess what, none of them fitted together when it had finally clicked though the grey rings were to small to go round the damn thing!!! I had really been annoyed, so we stopped and taking it back tomorrow. Worst of all my hamster doesnt get a playcage!!! Sorry Chino.

If You are reading this then id look for a crittertrail hamster cage. They look easier il write a review on there because im getting me one!! ITS EASTER!!!

Page: 1 | 2