Profile for Steven > Reviews

Content by Steven

Steven "mrplant" (Musselburgh, United Kingdom)

Peter Gabriel: Back to Front - Live in London (Deluxe Edition) [Blu-ray][2014][NTSC]

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Package - Very Well Put Together!, 24 Jun 2014
You can't appreciate that this is no normal sized Blu-Ray box - this is more like something the size of a 12 inch LP Record - Remember them?
Reason is the high quality packaging on this item - the great photo info book and the disks themselves of course.
Packaging 10/10. Picture Quality 10/10 Audio Quality 10/10
Peter has surpassed!
This is an excellent quality item throughout - glad to see Hamish Hamilton take the filming reigns again.
Peter's voice still holds up amazingly well for his age. Varied and interesting setlist. Can't fault it.
Every Gabriel fan should own this.

Secret World Live [Blu-ray]
Secret World Live [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Peter Gabriel

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Amazing!, 19 July 2012
I just watched this tonight - it came quickly from Amazon.
I am going to be brutaly honest here - I wasn't expecting much.
I already had this on DVD. I was at the Glasgow concert in 1993 - it blew me away.
Anyway back to the blu ray.
I cranked up the sub and 5.1 on DTS.
Wow the soundtrack was amazing. A great vibrant 5.1 mix.
The visuals however blew me away truly - I had not noticed so much in the past - the concert looks so fresh, vibrant and current its unreal.

Really really enjoyed it- highlights were Come Talk To Me, San Jancinto, Blood Of Eden and Secret World, whilst Red Rain was also brilliant.

I can't recommend this enought to people who have this on DVD , god forbid still on VHS - the recolouring is amazing as is the definition.

Well done to all involved.

This is an amazing Blue Ray.

I have upgraded the US tour in my mind thanks to this by leaps and bounds.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 26, 2012 9:49 AM BST

New Blood - Live In London [Blu-ray] [2011]
New Blood - Live In London [Blu-ray] [2011]
Dvd ~ Peter Gabriel

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Gabriel Shines!!!, 25 Oct 2011
OK. I have SEEN the thing.. and HEARD it. Yes.. the BluRay version of this concert - not the Jools Holland show... (Sorry little dig there)..

Ok So what is it like?

Well its exactly what you would expect from Mr Gabriel.

Its long!!!! Love that!
Its slow - in places - but don't take that as a negative - its not dull - just slower paced. The emotion and voice is there!!

I watched the whole show then the documentary then went back and played a selection of my favourite songs. It just blew me away playing The book of love, the power of the heart, --> Biko, San Jacinto, The Rhythm Of The Heat, Wallflower- in that order..

I recommend everyone tries this after they have watched the whole show..

Really great versions!!

Ok. Picture quality is awesome - crystal clear transfer and there is no grain anywhere! Its all crystal digital..
Sound Quality - I listened to the HD Master Audio 5.1 Soundtrack and the dynamics are amazing - hardly any compression in there - my amp was turned way up and it was quiet... and boy it was loud!!

Overall - considering Mr Gabriels age etc. I have to give this release 9/10

He puts other artists his age to shame..

Well worth buying and the long running time is great!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 21, 2012 1:05 AM BST

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (Five Disc Collector's Box Set) [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Elijah Wood|Ian Mackellen|Liv Tyler
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA

5.0 out of 5 stars This is Getting Annoying!, 19 Nov 2003
22 "reviews" of this item and not one person has actually "seen" the extended DVD! What a joke! Amazon should change their system and not allow "reviews" until after an item is out.
For my part, I own this and have indeed "seen" it.
It is a masterpiece that is like night to day compared with the thatrical release. All I am going to say is:
1/. Worth every penny
2/. Buy it and sell your theatrical release(if you bought it - because you will NEVER want to watch it again.)
3/. 5 Stars!
The extra 42 minutes really make a difference - not as a chunk of new scenes - more fleshing out the rather abrubt cuts in the thatrical release. The new Boromir/Faramir scenes are fantastic!
This is the definitive Two Towers!

Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains The Same [1976] [DVD]
Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains The Same [1976] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Plant
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! Buy this classic now!, 17 Jun 2000
I owned this on VHS and eagerly awaited the DVD release! Bottom line: The colours are much more vibrant, the audio sharper and overall this makes it a great DVD. No new content but then this always was a classic "film". Don't let the comments on much pondering by rivers and castles put you off.. The visuals perfectly go with the feel of their music. It all makes sense when you know each member had their own 'piece' in the film - Plant chose a horse and Olde English castles.. Paige something darker! Bonham - a speed freak! Jones - olde english squire on horseback again, Grant - mob gangsters .. all in all a 5/5 classic! The audio is great too ;-) Fav scene is when grant finds out about the pirate posters.. cracks me up every time.. Buy this now!