Profile for Annie > Reviews

Annie

Page: 1 | 2
Rosewood Small Animal Activity Sea Grass Tunnel Boredom Breaker, Medium
Rosewood Small Animal Activity Sea Grass Tunnel Boredom Breaker, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars The guinea pigs absolutely loved it! They like to sleep in it, 31 Dec. 2015
The guinea pigs absolutely loved it! They like to sleep in it, run through it and gnaw it too. It didn't come with the peepy holes like in the picture, but I preferred that since I think it's safer.

I'll be buying another one since this one has been a bit chewed up!

Rosewood Boredom Breaker Loofa Hoola for Small Animals
Rosewood Boredom Breaker Loofa Hoola for Small Animals

3.0 out of 5 stars While it was still together it worked fine. The guinea pigs weren't very interested in it, 31 Dec. 2015
While it was still together it worked fine. The guinea pigs weren't very interested in it. After a few months it broke so not ideal, really.

Nibble Small Pet Bowl Green 12 x 5 cm
Nibble Small Pet Bowl Green 12 x 5 cm
Offered by Paws To Your Door

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 31 Dec. 2015
It does what it says on the tin (bowl?)

It's nice and heavy and untippable, and fits lots of food in it! One of my guinea pigs also like the size because it means he can sit in it. Nice and robust and dishwasher safe, so a great bowl :)

Happy Pet Raw Wooden Hayrack
Happy Pet Raw Wooden Hayrack

4.0 out of 5 stars A great solution, 31 Dec. 2015
For a very long time my guinea pigs and I have been in a battle of hay. I tried using it as bedding and that just didn't work... so I tried feeding it in a cardboard box with holes in so they could pull it out. They destroyed the box and spread hay everywhere! So I tried making cardboard box hay beds... and they would quickly get soggy and smelly with wee.

This was my last resort.

And it's fantastic. Of course, hay still ends up on the floor getting trampled and peed on, but the pigs also enjoy gnawing on the wood and seem to like pulling the hay through the bars. The only thing I would say is that it seems a little bit roughly put together. I know the name is 'raw', but there's glue sticking out of the seams and some of the wood looks a bit splintery. It's still safe, though, just not very attractive!

I've attached a picture of it in the cage.
Comment Comment | Permalink

The Last Of Us (PS3)
The Last Of Us (PS3)
Offered by PROGAMES

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Game I've Ever Played, 24 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Last Of Us (PS3) (Video Game)
Nothing more needs to be said, it's just the most amazing game with a story better than any book or film I've read. Fantastic characters, astounding worldbuilding.... gaming just doesn't get any better, and the DLC is also just as amazing.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 19, 2014 3:15 AM BST

Farewell to Shady Glade
Farewell to Shady Glade
by Bill Peet

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful story, 12 Nov. 2013
This was my Dad's favourite book when he was a kid, and he passed it down to me, and I'm going to pass it onto my own children.
About to buy a copy for my best friend who's going through a rough patch. Hopefully it makes her as happy as it made me :)

Gingerbread Man
Gingerbread Man

2.0 out of 5 stars Promising then poor, 31 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Gingerbread Man (Kindle Edition)
It started out as being good. The characters seemed interesting, the plot could go anywhere... But those characters didn't grow, and the plot went exactly where I figured it would; with a random crude sex scene halfway through that didn't add anything to the plot whatsoever.
Maybe it's because I'm not old enough to appreciate it - I don't have children of my own - but I didn't feel much of anything for the characters. There wasn't any reason to root for them, they weren't all that likeable. Plus there were a few too many 'damaged' women wandering around breathing into paper bags and getting sedated. Or at least that's how I felt about it.
As for the twist (there's only one); it was pretty damn predictable. It might have been good if I didn't see it coming six weeks before the characters did!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 8, 2014 10:22 AM GMT

Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die!
Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die!

5.0 out of 5 stars As a new fan..., 20 Oct. 2013
As a new fan, I really enjoy it.

The songs all fit together well, (are all good fun to dance to when no-one's looking) and do have some meaningful messages. This is Gospel and the End of All Things especially struck me as being good. Give it a go, it's not like old Panic! stuff, but it's still good :)

Classikool Silicone Large Intricate Love Heart Icing Cake & Cupcake Topper Mould
Offered by Classikool® Luxury without expensive packaging.

4.0 out of 5 stars Silicone Heart Mould, 6 Jun. 2012
It had a really good pattern but was absolutely tiny! I was expecting something you could use to do a whole cake with! The other thing that disappointed me was that the silicone wasn't the kind you can bend so, it was quite hard to get the icing out of it once it was in. It was really easy to wash up though and I could put it in the dishwasher, so pretty good for cupcakes on size basis, but not Christmas cake sized things.

Torn
Torn
by Cat Clarke

5.0 out of 5 stars Torn, Cat Clarke, 29 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Torn (Paperback)
My god.
I had high hopes for this book already, and I bought it on my new Kindle straight away.
I did not regret it by any stretch.
The plot was well established as it was well-written. I think if anyone else had written it, it would have been hardly believable and a bit damp.
However, the idea was perfectly executed and great to read.
The protagonist's voice was clear and you felt like you were her.
I wish there was an infinite-star option.

Page: 1 | 2