Profile for Cassandra > Reviews

Campari for Breakfast
Campari for Breakfast
by Sara Crowe

5.0 out of 5 stars An Intoxicating Charming Delicious Read, 27 April 2014
This review is from: Campari for Breakfast (Hardcover)
I adored this book and would have read it cover to cover in one sitting but work got in the way. Crowe handles the characters and locales deftly and it is wonderfully evocative of simpler times gone by. The time shifts are very cleverly woven through the narrative and become as compelling as the story itself and then before you know it part of the story. Sue is a wonderful heroine, beguiling and bewitching and quite simply plain old funny too. Sue's journey and development is heart warming and inspiring. I am hoping to have a smiliar coming of age experience any day now. to put it plainly; THIS IS A MUST READ.

Cassandra

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gripping Must Read, 26 April 2013
This review is from: The Rock (Kindle Edition)
I was completely fascianted by the Rock it had me hooked throughout with the numerous clever twists and turns it kept me guessing. Mr Daws has very successfully merged several genres; crime, thriller and even a suggestion of romance. All the characters were very realistic and brought to life superbly by Mr Daws, I sometimes find Authors can only truly write charactrers of their own gender this was definitely not the case in the Rock, both Men and Women were completely plausible and could be people you could meet in your own life. As well as being riveting the scene was set perfectly throughout and the imagery was crystal clear. Looking forward to the next one.

The only thing I would like to change with the next book is please publish it as a hard copy too? There is nothing I like more than holding a book in my hands and sniffing the pages whilst losing myself in the story.

The Golden Rules of Acting
The Golden Rules of Acting
by Andy Nyman

5.0 out of 5 stars A breath of fresh air that I now keep in my handbag, 4 Feb. 2013
I was recommended this book by several of my friends. I read this book when in the abyss last year. Suddenly I found the light again. This is not a book that predominantly deals with the technique of acting it deals with the technique of being an actor. Having the technique in place to deal with the highs and the lows, the lack of money the lack of control we sometimes are subject to. As well as having the technique of how to handle yourself in interviews, auditions and how to behave when you have the job. The book is breath takingly honest and refreshing lucid and clear. The points are made in short sentences which act as instant "aide memoirs" of something maybe you deep down do know but needed a little reminder of. The tone is realistic yet positive I carry the book everywhere and often dip in for an immediate dose of PMA. There seems to be a litte bit of reviewers for this book questioning other peoples credentials. I went to a NCDT Drama School nearly ten years ago have been working in the profession since then and the majority of my friends are in the profession as well. I feel this gives me a grasp on what is and isn't relevant from my own perspective and discussions with peers and friends. This book makes a great gift if not it is very reasonable and a must read for us all.