Profile for Lemony > Reviews

A Thousand Hearts
A Thousand Hearts
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is incredible, 21 May 2014
This review is from: A Thousand Hearts (Audio CD)
I have everything Cara's ever done, and this just tops the lot - and that's saying something. Cara Dillon albums don't come along very often, which only serves to emphasise that when they do, the ground trembles. Cara's crystelline vocals with Sam's melodic pianowork and the depth and support of the stringed instruments here and there brings out the heart of the stories they are telling. The production of the album is second to none and it is clear than an awful lot of work, time and love has gone into this treasure. I love love love this album and can't recommend it enough.

Overreach Boots, Black, Size: Medium
Overreach Boots, Black, Size: Medium
Offered by Tack Heaven
Price: 3.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: Overreach Boots (Misc.)
I was looking for a product that was cheap but functional - I don't want anything fancy, just something hardy, low maintenance & that ticks all the boxes. This item does everything you'd expect it to, no more & no less. I've noticed they seem particularly sturdy & durable, a definite bonus for my horse who seems to destroy everything & likes ripping off his boots with his teeth! Highly recommended.

Rhinegold Lycra Anti-Rub Horse Vest - Cob
Rhinegold Lycra Anti-Rub Horse Vest - Cob
Offered by Homestead Farm Supplies
Price: 15.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff!, 26 Jan 2014
This vest was the cheapest I could find (but these things are never exactly cheap). My horse has a sarcoid caused by his rub rubbing at the base of his neck, so I was very particular about what I wanted - something stretchy, soft & easy to put on because I am dyspraxic & if I can get something on inside out & back to front, then I will!
I bought this vest approx. 2 months ago & it has been truly used & abused - rubbed, rolled on, chucked on the floor, shoved on & pulled off - & it shows no signs of wear & tear & fits my 14.2hh stocky Haflinger x New Forest like a glove whilst being completely allowing for movement. It has not rubbed him at all & because of the thin material has let his skin breathe enough for the sarcoid to heal on its own. The vest fits very well under his rugs & is actually really easy to get on & off - I've only managed to get it on inside-out twice so far & the velcro quick-release bit attachment is very quick & easy to do up.
The only potential drawback I can think of is that if someone has a head-shy horse or one that is particularly sensitive to having its head area handles, then this item may cause difficulty as the bit that goes over the horse's head is fairly small so it will pull slightly over their ears & down the neck. Luckily my horse even puts his head down to let me put it on,(and he's usually a bolshy one) so it must be very comfortable for him.
Very highly recommended!

Built To Blast - Vol 1
Built To Blast - Vol 1
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 26 Mar 2013
Great songs with real variety of bands I wouldn't ordinarily have come across. Got some albums to buy now! Would definitely recommend downloading.

Lindy Bop 'Grace' Classy Vintage 1950's Rockabilly Style Red Bow Swing Party Dress
Offered by Lindy Bop
Price: 49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 3 Nov 2012
This is a really special dress: I am a size 10 hourglass shape with enormous knockers, so it's really hard to fit clothes that show off both my waist and my boobs: usually they fit my waist but not my boobs, so I have to get s size up which then looks like a sack on me. However this dress fits really well and is extremely flattering with a lovely light, stretchy and forgiving material. I ordered a size 10 (the size for my waist) and the fit is true to size. I would, however, recommend that you add a petticoat underneath for a more flattering, true 50s shape. Excellent value for money! Only issue is that the zip is black so you can see it! But it's only a personal and very small issue - would fully recommend!

How Horses Learn
How Horses Learn
by Debbie Marsden
Price: 17.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 1 Feb 2012
This review is from: How Horses Learn (Hardcover)
If you want a book that uses real scientific studies and evidence to work out the best training and management techniques for your horse, then this is the best book for it. In 11 years I've never been able to find a book like this one tat isn't based on traditional principles and old wives' tales, but modern and easy to understand science. It's easy to read and definitely accessible for all kinds of riders, from the leisure to the professionals. An unusual kind of book well worth a read: I'm sure everyone would learn a thing or two!

Nikon Coolpix L23 Digital Camera - Black (10MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 2.7-inch LCD
Nikon Coolpix L23 Digital Camera - Black (10MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 2.7-inch LCD
Offered by Picsio

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 1 Feb 2012
Really well priced - half that of most other similar cameras. Does the job easy to use, great for general purpose use.

Exspect EX882 - In Ear Earphone - Black
Exspect EX882 - In Ear Earphone - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok., 1 Feb 2012
When they arrived I said this: Great value for money - the base of the sound is brilliant, there's no background/excess noise, the headphones stay in easily and they arrived in just a couple of days. Was really pleased with them.
Today they died on me for no apparent reason and I'm very disappointed as they only lasted 3 months! I haven't abused them but have used them daily for a few hours. I suppose you get your money's worth!

Abnormal Psychology in a Changing World: Study Guide
Abnormal Psychology in a Changing World: Study Guide
by Jeffrey S. Nevid Ph.D.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Guide re. Mental Disorders, 7 Mar 2011
I am an undergraduate psychology student intending to train as a Clinical Psychologist after university. I bought this book as it was highly recommended by my tutor and Abnormality & Learning lecturer. Although expensive (as almost all textbooks tend to be), I think that this book is an invaluable source. It is so interesting that I read it before bedn (!) and, above all, stands out above other textbooks for several reasons. Firstly, it goes into great detail about mental disorders, symptoms, diagnoses and treatments. Secondly, it covers a wide variety of mental disorders (i.e. childhood amnesia, personality disorders) as well as the obvious (i.e. anorexia, deression) which many other books lack. Thirdly, all of the sections are clearly indicated to make it easier to read and find specific pieces of information. Fourthly, the book relates all of the sections to real life situations and people, including detailed examples of every mental disorder. The book also includes an interactive DVD with more case studies, to help you to visualise (and thus learn more quickly and easily) the information. This is by far the best textbook for psychology that I have come across and you would be mad for miss it. I recommend this book mostly for anyone interested in psychology, studying it or, more specifically, postgraduate study (clinical, forensic developmental psychology).

WOMENS KNEE HIGH MILITARY ARMY LACE UP BOOTS SIZE 3-8
WOMENS KNEE HIGH MILITARY ARMY LACE UP BOOTS SIZE 3-8

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 8 Nov 2010
I loved these boots so much that I bought 2 pairs! They are very cost effective and I was pleasantly surprised by their hardiness, water resistance and aesthetic appeal. I have worn them almost every day for 5 weeks and, haing only polished them once, they are still in excellent condition. I have received many comments on their appearance and only wish they came in black too, or with a higher heel. The only sign of wear and tear is that the top outside hook has come off, but as this has occurred on both boots they still look good. I can't rate these boots highly enough and really are worth every penny. The service was also excellent.