Profile for AdvNa > Reviews

Content by AdvNa

AdvNa

Sony 2.1 Channel HT-CT260 Virtual Surround Sound Bar and Wireless Subwoofer for TV

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but not great, 15 Nov 2013
This sound bar is quite nice. I like that it has Bluetooth connectivity, as it syncs seamlessly with my iThings, and I can keep the woofer in another part of the room. The sound is good, but obviously not the best in the business. It comes with an optical cable, and set up took about 3 minutes. Connecting it to your phone or tablet is also fairly simple.

The thing I really hate about this product, though, is that it measure about ten centimetres. That was just about enough for it to block the lower two centimetres or so of my old Samsung TV. It will block a good four centimetres if you have a Sony LCD. It's not a huge deal, and I was planning to get a new TV anyway, but something to keep in mind, unless you plan to mount it on the wall.

York Active 110 Exercise Cycle
York Active 110 Exercise Cycle

4.0 out of 5 stars Does *almost* everything it says on the tin, 15 Nov 2013
The cycle's good value for money. It's easy to set up, except for that one crooked piece on the base that I had to hammer to make fit, and looks fairly sturdy. We've been using it five hours or so a week for about a couple of months, and it has held up pretty well, for something that only cost a hundred pounds. The only problem I've noticed is the pulse counter. It starts from 73 regardless of your actual heart rate. You could cycle halfway to Mogadishu, but the damn thing will still say 73, and nudge up two levels every six seconds or so. Then again, that's what you get for a hundred pounds.

Fulton Mens "Open & Close 11" Deluxe Folding Umbrella
Fulton Mens "Open & Close 11" Deluxe Folding Umbrella
Offered by Adorabilia

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 15 Nov 2013
First bought this in February 2013, following an unfortunate incident on a rainy/windy day that left me stranded holding half an umbrella. This one, however, has worked fine all year long. It's perfect for windy days, and has never once looked like blowing inside out or breaking. Plus, it's compact and fits in a shoulder bag. I love it, and just ordered another one for the wife!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars The seller seems to have replaced product with a cheaper, flimsier design., 1 Sep 2013
I'd bought a shoe rack last year from these sellers, and was very happy with the purchase. Happy enough to order another one. But the shoe-rack that was delivered to me this week was completely different from the last one. It looks, and feels, cheap. All the panels are mismatched, of different colours, and look like they won't last more than a couple of weeks. I plan to send it back. HATE IT. Least seller could do is change the picture in their ad. And returns are not free, by the way, so I will have to spend five - ten pounds for no reason, and for no fault of mine. Amazed how this I allowed to happen on Amazon.

50L Stainless Steel Auto Sensor Automatic Kitchen Waste Bin Dust Bin Automatic Chrome Lid with 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty(Black-SD001D)

1.0 out of 5 stars The lid stops working after 3 months. DO NOT BUY!!!, 25 Feb 2013
UPDATE -- AUGUST 16
I returned the lid to the sellers. Or at least posted it to them two weeks ago. They claim to not have gotten it yet. Of course. There is no guaranty they will ever 'receive it.' I can always buy another lid for twenty quid, though. JOY!

UPDATE -- JUNE 1
The lid has stopped working again. This product is a complete waste of time and money. The lid is clearly designed to last no longer than three months. Not worth buying, clearly.

UPDATE -- MARCH 9
The seller contacted me after I wrote this review, and agreed to replace the lid free of cost. It works fine now. They have apparently extended the warranty period to a year now. I see a lot of other people have had the same problem -- let's see how long the new lid lasts for.

FEB. 25, 2013
This product was delivered to me late-November, early-December 2012. Not counting the month we were away on holiday, we've used it for under two months. The lid stopped working last week. We contacted the seller, who said

Thanks for purchasing from us. Sorry about that, as it has passed the warranty period, we are not responsible for it. You can purchase another lid from us, the price is 20 pound.

Best Regards,
Andy

The warrant period is under three months, which leads me to believe they don't trust their product to work beyond that timeframe. And then they ask me to buy another lid, which too, will presumably stop working in under three months! Fantastic business idea, but no thanks! Never buying from them again.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 5, 2013 12:20 PM GMT