Profile for Dave > Reviews

Content by Dave

Dave

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars It's me, Mario!, 6 Jan. 2015
Good quality items for the price. They look fairly authentic and not just regular baseball caps with an 'L' and 'M' on, which is what I feared.

Bought for a 4 year old and a 7 year old. The hat is too big for the 4 year old and only slightly too big for the 7 year old. My guess would be that a child roughly 8-12 would be a good fit. They are far too small for the adults in my family, there is some elasticity but not much.

Despite slight size issue, I am pleased with them. The nephews I bought them for look comical, which is all I hoped for really. And most importantly, they love them.

XNA 4.0 Game Development by Example: Beginners Guide
XNA 4.0 Game Development by Example: Beginners Guide
by Kurt Jaegers

4.0 out of 5 stars Good overall, 15 Jan. 2012
I think that this book is good if you are someone with some programming experience that wonders how to turn your knowledge of object oriented programming into games. I also like the 'by example' learning model of the book, rather than explaining concepts in an abstract way which often programming books do.

My only real criticism of the way this book is written is that you can spend long periods of time just copying code from the book before you actually get to try out (and test/play) what it is you've been writing. As well as making it more difficult to hold your attention, it also means you slip in the odd mistake. This is good in a way for someone with programming experience because it means you have to debug and step through your code to work out why things are not as they should be helping you understand it better.

However if I were to put my myself in the shoes of someone with very little experience of visual studio and/or programming it might result in that person getting frustrated to the point of giving up on the book.