Profile for Kelly > Reviews

The New Apex Learner Microscope
Offered by Apex Microscopes
Price: 80.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Robust and practical, 14 April 2014
This is a good instrument for a seriously inquisitive child. It looks and feels like a scientific instrument rather than a toy. Some adult supervision is necessary until a child has mastered making and using the slides, however larger objects such a spices of plants can be easily inspected. Good to have a choice of lenses.

PACK OF 250 - C6/A6 (120mm x 162mm) CELLOPHANE / POLYPROPYLENE BAGS SELF SEAL FOR GREETING CARDS
Offered by POLYBAGSTORES
Price: 4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Service and value, 9 Oct 2013
Very good value for money, they arrived before the predicted time and serve my purpose well. Buying 250 bags at a time means reduces the cost of each envelope. I will be ordering more in different sizes.

A Tale for the Time Being
A Tale for the Time Being
Price: 4.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Spanning the time line, 9 Oct 2013
This is an unusual, fascinating book, beautifully written in a mind bending, time bending way.. It gave me much food for thought and like all good books has stayed with me for long after reading it.

Members Miro Printed Hardshell 4 Wheel spinner 77 cm in Butterfly Print
Members Miro Printed Hardshell 4 Wheel spinner 77 cm in Butterfly Print
Offered by bagsandluggage Shop
Price: 77.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not to be lost, 21 Aug 2013
Light, practical, great for the long haul flight when space is needed. The sturdy body kept all my "stuff" protected and there was no confusion when retrieving it from the baggage hall. Just a little dismayed to find it a little the worse for wear after the first outing. Never mind, it does look travelled now

The Zen of Seeing: Seeing Drawing as Meditation
The Zen of Seeing: Seeing Drawing as Meditation
by Frederick Franck
Price: 13.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest simplicity, 21 Aug 2013
I like this book very much and will continue to refer to it. I like the straightforward honesty of the author who writes not impress with his skill but with his truth. I often feel when I draw that everything else stops and only the object being drawn exists. It was good to be reminded of this as well as the importance of frequent drawing for its own sake.

The Last Secret Of The Temple
The Last Secret Of The Temple
Price: 4.31

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK, 21 Aug 2013
I bought this for my husband, I haven'y read it myself, however he found it a bit implausible and not as good as The Labyrinth of Osiris.

PACK OF 100 - C5 WHITE ENVELOPES FOR A5 GREETING CARDS 100gsm 229mm x 162mm
PACK OF 100 - C5 WHITE ENVELOPES FOR A5 GREETING CARDS 100gsm 229mm x 162mm
Offered by Soho Paper Products
Price: 6.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 17 Jun 2013
These envelopes are of a very good quality for the price. They arrived sooner than predicted in good condition. I use them for hand made cards so am pleased to find envelopes in various sizes to accommodate them.

The Impossible Dead
The Impossible Dead
Price: 1.49

4.0 out of 5 stars a gripping read, 16 Jun 2013
Four stars for a well written book with a good pace. Rankin's characters are believable, being humanly flawed and likeable, even at times the rogues. There is enough of Fox's personal life included to paint a background picture without it detracting from the main story.

Epson Stylus Photo R3000 A3+ Colour Inkjet Printer
Epson Stylus Photo R3000 A3+ Colour Inkjet Printer
Price: 536.78

5.0 out of 5 stars A working lump, 11 May 2012
I sell prints of my artwork but when my Epson R200 died I decided to try another make of printer - and was very disappointed with the quality of prints, particularly on Bockingford ink-jet paper. After reading many reviews I decided to invest in an Epson A3 printer which produces high quality prints with light-fast pigment inks. I am very pleased I did. The prints are excellent. The machine does just exactly what i want it to. I have to admit it is not an object of beauty and is a bit slow to rev up before printing but as the original artwork took a considerable amount of time to produce - it is of little significance. I like the fact that it will take thicker paper, the R 200 had to have card fed through. I use the machine for high quality printing only, my all singing all dancing printer of another make is OK for everything else, and as it takes cheap compatible ink is relatively economical in comparison.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 29, 2014 5:23 PM BST

Charles Reid's Watercolor Solutions: Learn to Solve the Most Common Painting Problems
by Charles Reid

5.0 out of 5 stars Colourful advice, 28 April 2012
I have bought several of Charles Reid's books over the years and have never been disappointed. I reckon this one surpasses the others. The book offers practical solutions to common problems found in painting. Some solutions can be applied to any media. Even as a fairly experienced painter I find I need to be reminded of the basics to get me back on track as well as considering other more advanced considerations. Reid writes in a conversational style which never comes over as patronising or egotistical. He shares his own mistakes as well as correcting those of his students. Not only is this book useful, it is also full of colourful artwork - worth having for those alone.

Page: 1 | 2