Profile for Marina Muller > Reviews

Content by Marina Muller

Marina Muller "Nelli" (Kefalonia, Griechenland)

Cephalonia - Ithaca - As the Seagull Flies anavasi
Cephalonia - Ithaca - As the Seagull Flies anavasi
by Anavasi
Price: 18.57

5.0 out of 5 stars As the seagull flies - and much further ..., 11 Dec 2012
As somebody, who meanwhile lives on Kefalonia, I can only recommend this book. Newcomers like insiders will learn much more about the more secluded parts of the island, find uncommon views even unto common places, much different from other photobooks about Kefalonia.
It shows beautifully the sometimes harsh reality of the landscape and gave us - thinking we've already explored all that is to explore - in combination with a detailed map some more ideas for "lazy summer tours" ...

Captain Corelli's Island: Cephallonia
Captain Corelli's Island: Cephallonia
by Andy Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars Captain Corelli's Dream ..., 8 April 2011
... it was surely not, not in his time and history (so you have to read the book "Captain Corelli's Mandolin" now).
But a dream it is in itself, this island. I should know, I live on and with it. So the book shows very much what life here is all about, and it goes rather into detail than grandeur.
For someone planning an trip onto the island of Kephallonia it is a mouthwatering exercise, for the tourist who was here already it is a reminder what was missed to be experienced, and for someone like me ... now, I think I will know now what to give as a good-bye-gift to all my friends visiting me here ...

Waking From Sleep: Why Awakening Experiences Occur and How to Make them Permanent
by Steve Taylor
Price: 7.88

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay ... but not more, 26 Feb 2010
Three stars mean "It's okay", and that's what it is. Not more.
I was disappointed, and only approximately two times while reading the book I thought : Oh, that's interesting!
I specifically found that the author was going over and over the same things, repeating and repeating himself, and referring back and forth to past or upcoming chapters of the same book. Also it seemed very one-dimensional written, only in the view of the personal experience of the author. In the end I skipped whole pages - and that, with me being a very patient reader, is a bad sign...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2013 4:40 PM BST

Synchrodestiny: Harnessing the Infinite Power of Coincidence to Create Miracles
Synchrodestiny: Harnessing the Infinite Power of Coincidence to Create Miracles
by Dr Deepak Chopra
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Deepak - a bridge builder, 11 Nov 2009
I was wondering when it will happen; when finally somebody - in an understandable way - would span the bridge between all the new scientific knowledge that humankind gained during the past years and decades in the field of quantum-physics, and the spiritual aspects of our lives with all its unanswered questions. Here it is! I don't know if Deepak Chopra was the first to unite these two disciplines, which for so long were seen as opposing each other. On the one side there were hard facts and seemingly provable "science", on the other side "New Age", so-called "unproven" ideas of some few, alternatively thinking people.
We had to learn that in "hard science" not all is what it seems, and on the other hand that as subjective experiences branded spiritual phenomena can indeed be brought into scientific context and therefore can be confirmed to be real. Even the idea what reality is has to be re-defined.
If Deepak Chopra should not be the first to build that bridge, he is certainly the most brilliant - at least known to me. This book is written in a way that everybody can not only understand the sometimes tricky physical facts, but he also enables the reader to follow the logic of his leap over to the other side, the searching for the soul; and one ends up full of awe and with a whole new understanding of how the universe works.
Thanks again, Deepak!

The Animal Healer: A Unique Insight into the Healing, Care and Wellbeing of Animals
by Elizabeth Whiter

5.0 out of 5 stars Not only for animals ..., 22 Oct 2009
Elizabeth indeed writes this book in a style, so that you hear her talking to you in your mind, and she takes you with her into her world of knowledge, in a fascinating, educating and highly entertaining way.
What she shares with the reader - and she shares all she learned herself - is not only extremely helpful and eye-opening for animal "owners", but for all sorts of humans too. The benefits of healing from Elizabeth are going to animals and their people alike, and even if you do not live with animals yourself, there is so much truth about nutrition and lifestyle, that it can only be good for you to take in and take on in your daily life.
The most remarkable thing is though that one can feel Elizabeth's respect for any being throughout the entire book as much as the fact that she sees every animal as being on the same level as anybody else - including us so called "human"-beings.
This book is highly recommendable to everyone!

What Happens When We Die?: A Groundbreaking Study Into the Nature of Life and Death
by Sam Parnia

3.0 out of 5 stars The sub-title is misleading, 9 July 2007
Normally, when I want to buy a book, I am reading other customers reviews and go with the majority opinion ... This time I should have gone with the more critical one. Indeed, the book is promising us "A GROUNDBREAKING STUDY into the Nature of Life and Death". Far from it! Although I think Dr. Parnia is very genuine in his works and studies, here he writes about a future study, and all that is factual described from a study so far are the results from a very limited pilot study. If someone is interested in the problems of funding for groundbreaking, innovative, novel and high-risk studies - read the book. But don't expect answers to the questions that are indicated by the book's title. Up until the last chapter I hoped we will finally get to the groundbreaking study itself ...
I wish Dr. Parnia all the best for his planned study and look forward to read about the results in the future!

Is There Life After Death? The Extraordinary Science of What Happens When We Die: Why Science Is Taking the Idea of an Afterlife Seriously
by Anthony Peake

5.0 out of 5 stars Enhancing, 13 Feb 2007
This book enhanced my life. In earlier years I was always a "down-to-earth"-person, living very much in "reality". Probably when you become older, you open up more and more to new ideas - not only about death, but also about life itself. Anthony peake manages to shift our idea of "reality". Even if Peake might not be "right" with his conclusions, it is worthwile to read this book to shift one's own perspective. Fortunately I was prepared for the first part of Peake's book by having red "The Fabric of the Cosmos" by Brian Greene. Peake's foundation for his ideas are taken from scientific evidence and ideas, most proven, some not proven yet.

Part two was focussed on practical experiencec of NDE's, epilepsy and other "illnesses" or irregularities like schizophrenia. This made it even more real, bringing Peake's theories to life.

I wouldn't say, this book shows the absolute truth what happens when we die, but at the least it opens possibilities for our own, very limited, thinking about the matter.

And if Peake is right - the better!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 2, 2008 10:50 AM BST