Profile for gazraa > Reviews

Content by gazraa

gazraa (UK)

Fujifilm X20 Digital Camera Silver (12MP X-Trans CMOS II With EXR Processor II, 4x Optical Zoom) 2.8 inch Premium LCD

4.0 out of 5 stars A fine camera, 11 Dec. 2013
Once you get past the fantastic retro styling of the camera, which is the first thing you notice and a good talking point when people see you using it, you get a camera which out performs a lot of cameras on the market and punches above it's weight when you put it up against some DLSRs too. A lot of this is down to fuji's excellent sensor in the camera. The X-Trans sensor seems to be taking the world by storm and is, I hope, worrying some of the big camera brands.

The detail and the sharpness that it captures is so much better than my DSLR (albeit a slightly older Sony model with some decent lenses) and it's now, for me, the camera I go to first.

So what are the negatives (because reviews just saying how great it is aren't that helpful really):

- Zoom range. It's just a little bit frustrating that there isn't a little bit more zoom range to get a little bit closer to the subject. I needed to adapt my style a little and on a recent holiday found I missed out on a few shots I saw just because I didn't have quite enough zoom. Saying all that though, it does force you to think more about the shot you are taking, which ultimately is a good thing.
- Size. I have big hands and the size of the camera can mean that I press the odd button I didn't want to when I'm using it. It's just going to take a bit of time to get used to after being used to a big DSLR with a big battery grip attached.
- Battery life isn't the best. It will last a good while, and additional batteries are cheap which is great, but just make sure you have a spare. I've got two batteries for it and have so far never needed more than that on a day out.

And that's about all I can think of for negative comments, hence my 4 star rating. I've used my x20 with pocket wizards when I'm using an off camera flash, no problems, it's handled low light admirably, it has a fast autofocus, it allows me to control all the settings if I want to and it's got me back into photography a bit more too. So winner winner, chicken dinner!

I'm even considering selling all my Sony gear and getting one of the higher range X-trans fuji cameras based of my experience with the x20 and other photographer reviews. Get one!

Gregory Heisler: 50 Portraits: Stories and Techniques from a Photographer's Photographer

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 10 Nov. 2013
The set of images and the stories behind them in this book are full of interesting behind the scenes insights and of course, fantastic images.
I totally recommend this book for any photographer of any level who has even the slightest interest in taking photos of people. I'm pretty sure I'll be reading it again and again to let it all sink in.

Happy Birthday (Muffins) - Printable Amazon.co.uk Gift Voucher
Happy Birthday (Muffins) - Printable Amazon.co.uk Gift Voucher

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a voucher, not much to say really, 12 April 2013
Not really much you can review about a voucher. The purchase was easy and printing out the voucher was made simple with the document you get to download.

Wacom Bamboo Pen Graphics Tablet
Wacom Bamboo Pen Graphics Tablet

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for the price, 12 April 2013
As I do a lot of work on my photos on my mac, I wanted something to give me a little more control that just the mouse. Having used wacom products in the past I knew it would be what I needed. So far it's lived up to my expectations and has made working on my photos that bit easier.

LEGO Star Wars: Emperor Palpatine (Death Star) Minifigure
LEGO Star Wars: Emperor Palpatine (Death Star) Minifigure
Offered by TheBrickPeople

5.0 out of 5 stars A top minifigure, 13 May 2011
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This is one of those minifigures that's either hard to find or really expensive when you can find it. As minifigures go it's one of the more iconic figures from the Star Wars films but not a particularly iconic minifigure like the Storm Troopers for instance. It's still a must have for any Star Wars LEGO fan though.