Profile for In Glorious Black And White > Reviews

Content by In Glorious Bl...

In Glorious Black And White "MBB" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Sennheiser RS120 II RF Wireless On-Ear Headphone with UK/Ireland Power Supply
Sennheiser RS120 II RF Wireless On-Ear Headphone with UK/Ireland Power Supply

5.0 out of 5 stars I get great pleasure in seeing my wife enjoying joining others who ..., 3 Mar. 2016
I bought the headphones not really believing they would work as well as the adverts suggested. In fact in a very few minutes my wife was almost in tears because she could listen to the TV as well as others in the room, hitherto she watched others listening to the TV now she could join in. I have no doubt quite a few new owners would become emotional. I get great pleasure in seeing my wife enjoying joining others who are listening. The effect is magical.. Some disciplines are necessary. As and when the sound stops, it should be a habit to turn the sound down because the white noise that comes can make you jump. A simple sdkustment tp the volume control restores the sound. Our set has never fakiled us by breaking down and always delivers very acceptable sound for anybody who uses the equipment. I don't expect studio quality sound'

TomTom Start 25 5 inch Sat Nav with UK and Ireland Maps and Lifetime Map Updates

2.0 out of 5 stars At the moment I hate this Sat Nav, 24 Aug. 2015
At the moment I hate this Sat Nav! It will not allow me to change my password and an attempt takes me to an error 503 so here I am stuck and , by the way going on holiday in 1 1/2 weeks.

So no way to download maps

Can't get in any how due to no way to change password.

Acer Iconia Tab A3 10-inch Tablet (White) - (ARM Cortex A7 1.3GHz, 1GB RAM, 32GB Memory, WLAN, Bluetooth, Android 4.4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Newbies will have to work at it., 5 Aug. 2015
Have tried a couple of other tablets but seem to have run into a problem of using browsers including the ones the tablets select. Negotiating pages that I access is a pain quite often.

Skirting around the many adverts that tumble into the pages I want to use for me is problematic. Getting rid of them can be a chore. I bought a Chromecast device which is seemingly stuck on my browser page forever with no obvious link to get rid of it. There are times when the browsers refuse to open with error messages that say the Wi Fi is not on, when It is.

In fairness four stars is acceptable as I will accept that I am at fault not always the machine. If anyone can point towards help I would appreciate it.

IVSO Slim Smart Cover Case for Acer Iconia A3-A20 10.1-Inch Tablet (Black)
IVSO Slim Smart Cover Case for Acer Iconia A3-A20 10.1-Inch Tablet (Black)
Offered by X-FlashBox

4.0 out of 5 stars I like this case very much, 22 April 2015
I like this case very much, looks the business too. One slight problem is that when closes , two tiny magnets keep it closed. Probably I am a little unluckey but the magnets are snugly fitted to the case via two small recesses which should be tight, snug enough to hold a magnet. Unfortunately the recesses are a tad vulnerable, one gave away and the magnet will not stay in because the side of the recess has broken.
Comment Comment | Permalink

JETech Gold Slim-Fit Smart Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 (10 Inch) SM-T530 SM-T535 Tablet PC with Auto Sleep/Wake Feature (Black)
Offered by JEDirect UK

5.0 out of 5 stars does its job brilliantly.., 8 April 2015
Very neat... does its job brilliantly.... well made.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1-inch Tablet (Black) - (Quad Core 1.2GHz, 1.5GB RAM, 16GB Storage, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 2x Camera, Android 4.4)
Offered by Digital Techno LTD

2.0 out of 5 stars Not happy!!, 1 April 2015
Apparently I am not alone in not being in bleakly disappointe in the fact that there is no video ( as in Skype ). I am told that other bits of Samsung Kit have video. Not happy!!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 16, 2015 6:05 AM BST

The Wildest Dream [DVD]
The Wildest Dream [DVD]

3.0 out of 5 stars beautifully photographed BUT ruined for many due to appalling sound, 4 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Wildest Dream [DVD] (DVD)
A marvellous film; beautifully photographed BUT ruined for many due to appalling sound. Those engineers with too many toys , massive egos who actually believe they will get plaudits for the result. Let us have some senior technicions on site and have them teach the current incombants manners, have respect for those who have hearing problems.

All dialogue was drowned out ,and is hell and frustration for those who are hard of hearing. It was not helpfull to have the subtitles compromised by clashing with the predominately white background.

The accompanying documentary has the sound in good shape. The twerps in the sound booth shoulod remember not everyone has expensive sound system that sound wonderful in the booth.

Carplan Pre-Icer Trigger 500ml
Carplan Pre-Icer Trigger 500ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Works very well if you can get it out of ..., 4 Jan. 2015
Works very well if you can get it out of the bottle. Too often I find that the spray just does not function. I don'y know if there is a manufacturer's set of rules about the storage of the liquid. Is it because in very cold weather the liquid thickens. I have noticed the same problem with ordinary spray and the pre-icer.

Second Chorus [1940] [DVD]
Second Chorus [1940] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Fred Astaire

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware......., 20 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Second Chorus [1940] [DVD] (DVD)
Impossible to relax and enjoy this film due to appalling fidelity and the many jumps that disturbed the dancing and Artie Shaw's music. The film must have been broken in many places.it was a Network Presentation which surprised me because of the faults.

Life in the Bubble
Life in the Bubble
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fab' Goodwin album, 28 May 2014
This review is from: Life in the Bubble (Audio CD)
The West Coast's finest group, doing such great work to get to young people in the USA, at the same time ensuring that the traditional big band fan is in the loop. Some people praise this band highly for the standard, the quality of arrangements, soloists and so on. In fact the most important skill is to engage with long and old alike. This Goodwin does with every recording, never fails!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8