Profile for Jon Wedge > Reviews

Jon Wedge

Nicer Dicer
Nicer Dicer

1.0 out of 5 stars More annoying than useful, 16 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Nicer Dicer (Kitchen & Home)
Having watched the latest infomercial for the nicer dicer and seeing how "easy" it looked to cut, slice, dice and julienne very vegetable on the planet we decided that it was a no brainer and once we had one of these babies in our kitchen all of our preparation would be childs play.
The unit arrived all shiny and bright and with a mini DVD instruction manual ( a DVD ! Isn't that outdated tech these days? I was already suspicious as to whether this was at the cutting edge, excuse the pun)
Anyway, with a hopeful heart we set out with enough vegetables to stock a master chief kitchen and our nicer dicer machine.
Let me tell you that I am now convinced that either American vegetables are softer than British vegetables or the presenters of these shows are way stronger than they look or all the veg has been par boiled to make things look great for the camera.
Everything substantial like potato and carrot required unbelievable effort to the point where I was sure that the plastic lid would fly off its plastic hinge and take out someone's eye.
These vegetables had to be repositioned several times and that meant rather than getting a chip we ended up with sticks of potato which were chipped at one end and potato strings at the other
Julienne carrot was painful and required more effort and far more processes than it would with a knife !
Every time we tried it resulted in frustration and failure and the knowledge that a knife could do it quicker easier with less effort and less washing up .
Our brand new nicer dicer is now resting in our dustbin awaiting it's final resting place down the tip which is where I suggest it belongs because as a kitchen aid it is quite possibly the worst and most pointless item I have ever seen
I gave it one star because it comes in a nice box

Invicta Men's Quartz Watch with Silver Dial Analogue Display and Silver Stainless Steel Bracelet 15183

4.0 out of 5 stars A Lot for the money, 29 Mar. 2014
I only bought this because I couldn't believe how cheap it was , an invicta watch delivered for under 30 quid is unbelievable value . Delivery was fast and easy and the watch was another well made example of this marque .
For me the silver dial was a little "bright" but it was an absolute bargain so for that kind of money I suggest you get it on your wrist and you can appreciate what great value these watches offer

Invicta Specialty Men's Quartz Watch with Black Dial Chronograph Display and Stainless Steel Rose Gold Plated Bracelet 1221
Offered by Timepiece_Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking watch, 29 Mar. 2014
I love this watch , it's a fine example of invicta craftsmanship and it has the good looks to make it stand out from the crowd. As with all of my invicta watches it's good quality and has a clear large face. The bezel could do with being a little stiffer and it's not that luminous but it is a really good looking watch with a top quality strap and clasp .
It is currently my everyday watch of choice .
Delivery was fast and easy

Invicta Men's Quartz Watch with Black Dial Chronograph Display and Silver Stainless Steel Bracelet 15178

5.0 out of 5 stars Super value, 13 Mar. 2014
Watches are my weakness and I confess that I own quite a few , some are high end but some I own because they simply were a bargain and I couldn't believe the price that they were on offer for.
This fell into the bargain category but I when I got hold of this watch and saw how well made it was and the quality of it together with the simple classic look I ordered a second watch for my son.
They come really well boxed and packaged and the straps are really generous so be prepared to remove links , other than that it's a great choice for every day wear
I already own an invicta and it has been my watch of choice for over two years but it's back in its box at the moment because this looks so good
The service and delivery from Amazon was super efficient so overall I am very happy