Profile for A. Noble > Reviews

A. Noble

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Bad Self Portraits
Bad Self Portraits

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant band, the album doesn't do them justice, 5 April 2015
This review is from: Bad Self Portraits (Audio CD)
A brilliant band, but I agree with a previous reviewer that this album is over-produced. If, like me, you came to the band after watching the fantastic performances shown in YouTube clips, you might prefer the sound of the live album available from the band's website.

The Good Hotel Guide 2014: Great Britain & Ireland
The Good Hotel Guide 2014: Great Britain & Ireland
by Desmond Balmer

4.0 out of 5 stars A Trustworthy Guide, 29 Mar. 2015
It lists the comfortable and agreeable hotels that we enjoy. The Hotels we have stayed at match the reviews and of the many guides available, we trust this one to be reliable.

Etruscan Life in Perugia (Pocket Library of Studies in Art)
Etruscan Life in Perugia (Pocket Library of Studies in Art)
by Mary A. Johnstone

3.0 out of 5 stars Pleasurable but not an academic history., 29 Mar. 2015
The style of writing is somewhat old fashioned and is not academic, but if you are interested in Etruscan history and Perugia then the book is worth buying if sold at low cost.

Up at the Villa [DVD]
Up at the Villa [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kristen Scott Thomas
Offered by DVD-Sales-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars The DVD was Faulty so not the bargain it appeared., 29 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Up at the Villa [DVD] (DVD)
I bought it from Amazon as it was being sold so cheaply but it was a faulty copy. Perhaps the low price had something to do with it?

The most frustrating thing is that I longed to have my own copy of the film to enjoy and I unwrapped the cellophane expecting an enjoyable evening with this lavish film but the DVD would not play properly on either of our computers.

Although Amazon will refund they do not offer to replace a faulty DVD and so I will have to wait to make up a £10 order or pay for delivery. Beware of what seems to be a bargain at £2.50 you may also receive a faulty copy.

250W Norel LM Slimline Wall Mounted Electric Panel Heater - LOW PROFILE - 180 mm Height. 250 Watt
Offered by Sol*Aire Heating Products Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., 15 Jan. 2015
We have created a ventilated "warm cupboard" in our second bathroom, to dry wet washing. We installed this little heater at a low level in the cupboard.. It is neat, attractive and does a brilliant job.

Citrus Bergamia Scented Candle in a Glass By Kenneth Turner 200g
Citrus Bergamia Scented Candle in a Glass By Kenneth Turner 200g
Offered by Burton Blake Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Perfume of Paraffin not of Citrus at all. Avoid., 15 Jan. 2015
The perfume is not as described. Avoid this candle unless you want a bad headache rather than a perfumed room!

The candle arrived beautifully packaged and I lit it the following evening. I can only describe the result as being in a room with a paraffin stove. ( I am the generation to remember them!). There was absolutely no citrus smell nor any of the delightful smells described. The result was a bad headache after just 2 hours. The room is large and I left the door open but regret purchasing this candle as it is not as described. Please note I purchased it directly from Kenneth Turner.

il capitale umano dvd Italian Import
il capitale umano dvd Italian Import
Dvd ~ fabrizio bentivoglio
Offered by wmdservices

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic to keep., 30 Dec. 2014
Well cast, good to look at, and the story was perfectly set amongst the Italian bourgeoisie. A film to watch over and over, because each time we enjoyed and learnt more from the film. The film will not date and of course there are some very attractive women to admire.

Dream Animals: A Bedtime Journey
Dream Animals: A Bedtime Journey
by Emily Winfield Martin

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty to look at but weak story line., 30 Dec. 2014
Delightful illustrations but best for very small children. Our 5 year old granddaughter thought it boring!

There's a Lion in My Cornflakes
There's a Lion in My Cornflakes
by Michelle Robinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly illustrated story that is easy to relate to., 30 Dec. 2014
A simple and very entertaining story, especially loved by our almost 3 year old grandson.

The Polar Express [2004] [DVD]
The Polar Express [2004] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tom Hanks
Offered by DVDBayFBA

4.0 out of 5 stars A film for the over 7's, 30 Dec. 2014
We would suggest that this is not a suitable film for children under 7 years old. Our grandchildren where frightened by the characters especially the hobo who travelled on the roof of the train. It is brilliantly animated and we adults would have stuck with it but not the little children, who begged us to switch it off!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6