Profile for Jason > Reviews

Content by Jason

Jason (London, United Kingdom)

Marware Atlas Kindle Cover, Black (fits Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle and Kindle Touch)

5.0 out of 5 stars A cover fit for a king. Well, a king shaped like a kindle., 7 Feb. 2014
Nice high quality cover. Fits the kindle very well, sits nicely in the hand, looks like it gives good protection.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Screen is really protected, 7 Feb. 2014
In the pantheon of phone accessories, this really is... in it. My screen was sitting there on the front of my phone, nervous, scared of its own shadow. When I got it out to use, the anxiety rose further still. All that is a thing of the past now though, with new 6 x Membrane Screen Protectors for Acer Liquid E2 Duo - Crystal Clear, Retail Package with accessories. I brandish my phone safe in the knowledge that it is both confident and scratch free. That's something I definitely would not have been able to say had I covered its screen with Sellotape, cling film or foil.

The way that there's a peel off backing on both sides speaks to the genius of the inventors, and the thrill when you find out it comes with a bonus dust remover sticker and protector removal stickers is frankly visceral.

My phone is literally a new phone.

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
by J.K. Rowling

5.0 out of 5 stars It's like an audio book, but for your EYES, 12 Aug. 2013
My kids are enjoying this at the moment. It's a bit like a pile of paper, joined at one edge. There are black marks on the paper, though it's probably best to ignore those. The top and bottom paper is slightly thicker and is more decorated than the inside pieces. Not sure who 'J.K. Rowling' is, but Harry Potter doesn't seem to mention him.

IOMAX Car Cassette Adapter - Black
IOMAX Car Cassette Adapter - Black
Offered by Nexons Electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound goes in one end, AND COMES OUT OF THE OTHER., 12 Aug. 2013
These new fangled cassettes that they have now aren't up to much. So when I want to play my gramophone records, say while off-roading or when my car is in submarine mode I can simply plug the smaller end of this into my gramophone and the larger bore boxy end into my car's cassette player. The result is that the sound travels along the tiny pipe and into the cassette player like a tiny musical wind. Fits the cassette player fine, fits the headphone socket fine. The join to the cassette shaped bit is hinged, and the output level is nice and high. Sound quality is decent enough for travelling in the car. Just drive slowly, or your records will get quite scratched.

Tool Carrycase
Tool Carrycase
Offered by a1 Toys

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great quality inside, but still fun., 12 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Tool Carrycase (Toy)
My son find this toy quite a lot of fun: manging things with the hammer, putting the work bench together, screwing the screws in. The case seems good quality, pretty tough plastic. Unfortunately, what's inide the case is made of a fairly brittle-feeling plastic. Everything sounds a bit hollow. I'm not sure that it will last long. Don't go expecting the same quality feel as mainstream brand toys. Althoug the price is good, I don't think the product lives up to it.

Kenwood SK630A Traditional Style Dome Kettle (Stainless Steel)
Kenwood SK630A Traditional Style Dome Kettle (Stainless Steel)

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice, but is short-lived, 8 Sept. 2008
I have had this kettle for three years, and up until now it's been decent. It looks good and boils quickly. Recently though, the little window that's used to see the water level has started leaking. Fortunately, it's a well-designed kettle so the leaked water stays away from all the electrics. Three years, though, is not a great lifespan, which is why I've only awarded it two stars. Without the leak, it would be four, and I wouldn't be in the market for a new kettle.

Just Another Taste of Electronic Watusi Boogaloo
Just Another Taste of Electronic Watusi Boogaloo
Offered by jukeboxusa

5.0 out of 5 stars What a brillian compilation, 20 Jun. 2002
Looking at the packaging, it's hard to know what to expect. But press "play" and what immediately hits you is that this is something pretty special. The obvious fun that the producers have had making the music absolutely beams out of the speakers, filling the listener with the joie de vivre that is embodied in the music.
It's not rock and it's not pop, but it is pretty much everything else. I'm glad to see that a lot of the artists have albums out, too, because I think I want to hear more of this....
Excellent.