Profile for Denise Howard > Reviews

Love Album IV
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 2.97

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Collection, 8 July 2014
This review is from: Love Album IV (Audio CD)
A good album with different songs from a range of decades

1. Somebody to love - Queen

A Christmas Carol Drawn & Told
A Christmas Carol Drawn & Told
Price: 0.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Total Bargain, 9 Dec 2013
I thought the art work was stunning and always loved the story - brilliant for a young person to introduce Dickens to,

The Blind Side [DVD] [2010]
The Blind Side [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Sandra Bullock
Price: 4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars True story - to inspire us all, 9 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Blind Side [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I cannot over emphasise how much this film meant to me. The story is heart-breaking at times when you realise what this poor lad lacked for most of his life, not just love and attention but basic things we all take for granted.
There were times I found myself in tears, but the director to his credit did not overplay the emotional scenes he, brought warm humour and truth to a captivating story.

Sandra Bullock was fantastic and so was all the characters who brought this story to life with emotion and love.
What was constantly buzzing in my head as I watched this movie was 'This A True Story' and if every person could have the same compassion and love like Leigh Anne Tuohy and her family well we would have a much kinder world.

Please watch this film - it might not be a film you would normally watch but I promise when you have seen it you may be inspired to show a little kindness to people you meet in day to day life. And I think Leigh Anne would love that her film was still making a difference

The Animals' VC: For Gallantry or Devotion: The PDSA Dickin Medal - Inspiring stories of bravery and courage
by David Long
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Stories of True Courage, 28 Nov 2012
As humans we do like to believe our pets or close working animals feel the same love and loyalty we have for them. This book proves that many animals have the capabilty of that devotion to their owner, work companions and other human beings by showing huge courage in times of pure horror and destruction. The book focuses on the stories in a war setting with descriptions of animals nearly at the point of death at times to fulfill their mission. The author also mentions that there really should be more animals who deserve this medal of recognition.

I did enjoy reading about the fairly recent PDSA Gold Medal at the end of the book which tells the stories of animals who have shown courage and inspiration in a more cilvian background.

I did at times find myself in tears reading this book - a fantastic gift for a passionate animal lover

Be My Baby
Be My Baby
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 10.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Summer with the 60's girls, 23 Mar 2012
This review is from: Be My Baby (Audio CD)
Fantastic box set - was brought up on these 60's babes and it contains all the songs such as 'Till I Kissed Him' and 'Do Ron Ron'. Perfect songs to sing-a-long to in the car. Yet there were some songs I had not heard before which pleased me because it was a pleasure to be introduced to more music. If you want some bubble-gum pop this summer you will enjoy this complination

Winter Carols
Winter Carols
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 10.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Magic, 26 Nov 2011
This review is from: Winter Carols (Audio CD)
I discovered this album after being sent the song 'Wish You Were Here' by a friend and thought it was enchanting. I have also been a huge fan of Rainbow and always thought Richie Blackmore was an amazing musician with a unique style and experimentation of music. Combine all these elements with a tradition each year of purchasing a Christmas album and here I am reviewing this album.

A treasury of beautiful Christmas carols sang by Candince Night with such a haunting and mystical voice, along with the medieval style that Richie Blackmore brings and this album brings a beautiful captivating enjoyment for the festive season which I truly recommend. There are traditional carols to Blackmore's Night own composed work, so there are old favourites along with some beautiful new songs blended together. My only regret is not purchasing this album sooner.

simplehuman Adjustable Shower Caddy, Brushed Stainless Steel
simplehuman Adjustable Shower Caddy, Brushed Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every Penny, 6 July 2011
Bought this shower caddy after many trys of getting a shower storage shelf - finally a shower caddy that has more hooks and cannys but is compact and solid. It is also easy to take on and off for cleaning. If you are sick and tired of all the suction shower gadgets dropping of yet again, invest in one of these. You won't regret it.

With Friends: Inside I'm Singing
With Friends: Inside I'm Singing
Offered by mrtopseller
Price: 9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Romantic and magical, 31 May 2011
I am a huge fan of Secret Garden. Their music has an ability to make you feel so emotional, from heart felt delights to exquisite sadness.

This album does not disappoint, with songs of love and romance, which range from the tender to the dramatic. The guests that have been invited to sing on this album also bring their unique talents into the music. Once again proving music is universal and unites all genres and people.
Fantastic

Pure... Guitar Heroes
Pure... Guitar Heroes
Price: 5.24

4.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic bargain, 9 May 2011
This review is from: Pure... Guitar Heroes (Audio CD)
Bought this set for myself was so impressed I purchased another set as a gift. There are songs that are familiar and well loved, but there are some little gems which I have not come across before. This will be playing in my house and the car for a while
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 27, 2012 12:14 AM GMT

Kramer Vs Kramer [DVD] [2011]
Kramer Vs Kramer [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Dustin Hoffman
Price: 5.91

5.0 out of 5 stars A firm favourite, 20 Sep 2010
Watched this film recently and it still is as emotional when it was first was seen over 2 decades ago.

We still dismiss fathers as not being able to be a single parent and recommend children to be brought up by their mothers.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3