Profile for Mr MS Waldron > Reviews

Content by Mr MS Waldron

Mr MS Waldron "gothicpeanuts"

Pan-Cooked Chicken Dishes [Recipes From Around The World]
Pan-Cooked Chicken Dishes [Recipes From Around The World]
by Anon.

5.0 out of 5 stars The peri chicken has been a favourite for years, 7 Sept. 2014
Perhaps the most handy recipe book I own. The peri chicken has been a favourite for years. The recipes themselves are easy to follow and well illustrated. I actually bought a second copy as I was so concerned my original was falling apart!

Funscreen
Funscreen

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 17 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Funscreen (Kindle Edition)
A rather good little story; quite believable and perhaps just a touch too close to home.

A Groovy Kind Of Love
A Groovy Kind Of Love

3.0 out of 5 stars it is suitable inoffensive if you like that sort of thing, 17 Aug. 2014
First dance at the wedding of a friend of a friend that I was roped into helping at. I needed to own this track about as much as I needed fire ants in my boxer shorts. However, it is suitable inoffensive if you like that sort of thing.

Gothic Rock
Gothic Rock

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly not the best "pick up" album for the eyeliner-curious, 17 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Gothic Rock (Audio CD)
Having successfully DJ'd an entire night using just this box set and Dark Side of the 80s (I left my folder of CDs on the train and then only had enough cash on me to pick up a couple of compilations), I cannot sing sufficiently in praise of this compilation. Yes, it is a bit lacking in respect to the more well known "pin-ups" of Gothic Rock, but does more than make up for this with sheer volume and variety.

Possibly not the best "pick up" album for the eyeliner-curious, but perhaps a good second or their step along the road to over teased hair and dusting your coat with flour.

Dark Side of the 80s
Dark Side of the 80s

5.0 out of 5 stars An album that you can easily turn into a whole set at a Goth club ..., 17 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Dark Side of the 80s (Audio CD)
An album that you can easily turn into a whole set at a Goth club night... Although, as mentioned in other reviews some of the tracks do veer off theme in places, this was one of the first of such compilation albums that didn't require going to a "specialist" music store and started a series of compilations in a similar vein.

Perhaps not the most "alternative" of track choices, but you don't tend to buy compilations for b-sides and rarities!

The Rhesus Chart: A Laundry Files novel
The Rhesus Chart: A Laundry Files novel

3.0 out of 5 stars There are still the laconic asides and the mockery of the civil service and the geekery that we love, but the entire book felt a, 9 July 2014
As a fan of the Laundry series, I pre-ordered this title as soon as I became aware of it. However, as I started the read the novel, I quickly realised that I just wasn't engaging with it as I had the other books. There are still the laconic asides and the mockery of the civil service and the geekery that we love, but the entire book felt a little forced; as if being written from a series of disparate concepts pulled together with a vague theme.

Perhaps the novel suffered somewhat at the editorial process or perhaps I just didn't find the concept compelling, but I rate this book as the weakest in the series so far.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2014 8:25 AM BST