Profile for David Jones > Reviews

Content by David Jones

David Jones "DGJBEAR" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
London Road - Original London Cast
London Road - Original London Cast
Offered by Dress_Circle_Of_London

5.0 out of 5 stars The CD is a good memento - though not sure you will 'get' it ..., 26 Mar. 2015
Didn't have any expectations when I went to see this at the National Theatre a couple of years ago. But it blew me away. One of the most awe inspiring theatrical events I've seen. The CD is a good memento - though not sure you will 'get' it without seeing the show. As with the other review, I am really looking forward to the film in June 2015.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 9, 2015 1:44 AM BST

Still Open all Hours - Series 1 + 2013 Christmas Special [DVD]
Still Open all Hours - Series 1 + 2013 Christmas Special [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Jason

1.0 out of 5 stars Staggeringly Bad., 17 Jan. 2015
I managed 10 minutes over Xmas. Didn't mind the original but this is truely awful. After the equally dreadful Royal Guard David Jason needs to retire and the commissioning editor at the BBC needs sacking.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 9, 2015 1:19 PM GMT

Oh, Carol!
Oh, Carol!
by Carol McGiffin

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh, Carol...please let this be the last..., 22 July 2010
This review is from: Oh, Carol! (Hardcover)
If you have the reading age of a 10 year old you will love this.

Managed 30 pages before sending it to the charity shop.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 5, 2011 11:18 AM BST

Love Never Dies [2 CD]
Love Never Dies [2 CD]
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Phantastic!, 9 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Love Never Dies [2 CD] (Audio CD)
Well I came to this with little anticipation. Some of the reviews of trhe previews were not great and I was never a huge fan of the original Phantom show or score. But I have to say that this is great. It is very clever at subtly developing themes from the original but not using the obvious melodies. The singing is superb and orchestrations lush. There does seem to be a negative groundswell of people pre-empting the opening tonight in London - my advice is to rid yourself of these thoughts and just listen with an open mind.

Beautiful People - Series 1 [DVD]
Beautiful People - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Luke Ward-Wilkinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Thing...., 27 Jan. 2009
This was simply the best comedy series of 2008 which I came across quite by chance. The BBC should be ashamed of itself for not promoting it properly and moving all over the BBC2 schedule to accommodate snooker et al!!!

It is better than Gimme Gimme Gimme (the characters are more developed). I hope there are plans for another series.

Connie Talbot's Christmas Album
Connie Talbot's Christmas Album
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 8 Dec. 2008
Hideous manufactured product. Her voice is pedestrian and they are milking her for as long as people think she looks 'cute'. Dont buy into the conspiracy and avoid this dreadful CD.

Circus
Circus
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars Britney's Circus, 1 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Circus (Audio CD)
I've kind of grown to like Britney - I like my superstars flawed. I've been listening to the over the last couple of weeks and have come to really like it. Apart from one awful number(mmm papi), all the rest are great pop tunes. Kill the Lights and, especially, Blur are the standout tracks. Its not as grown up as Blackout was in terms of lyrics, but Brit doesn't have much to do with that side of things anyhow. She has used the same producers as on the previous CD and they have produced results - weird sounding, quite progressive. All in all one of the best pop CDs of the year and sure to spawn a bunch of hit singles.

Fame [Australian Import]
Fame [Australian Import]
Offered by Music-Finder

4.0 out of 5 stars Suprisingly good!, 14 Oct. 2008
I decided to buy this after hearing Just Dance on the internet. I am pleaseantly suprised as well....a collection of really good pop songs - especially Fame and I Like it Rough.

Something tells me she could she be the new Madonna....

Bob Hoskins: An Unlikely Hero
Bob Hoskins: An Unlikely Hero
by Karen Moline

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit thin, 27 Jun. 2006
I had this as a present when it was first published. Whilst its a good read for people who no nothing asbout Bob, its a bit pedestrian for those that do. A good alround introduction though.

The Hollywood Book of Death: The Bizarre, Often Sordid, Passings of More than 125 American Movie and TV Idols: The Bizarre, Often Sordid, Passings of Over 125 American Movie and TV Idols
by James Robert Parish

4.0 out of 5 stars Goulish but fun!, 30 Nov. 2004
If, like me, you skipped the Grayline Tour of the Stars Homes In LA in favour of the Graveline Tour (which goes to where clebs died, killed 'emselves, were murdered etc etc)...then ya gonna love this book!

When I got it I just couldnt put it down till I absorbed and memorised every last detail to entertain my friends at the lavish dinner parties I throw (you must come!).

There are few names that meant nothing to me, but on the whole it really is fun and makes a great pressie for anyone interested in hollywood and celebrity.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 15, 2014 5:29 PM BST