Profile for anneemortimer > Reviews

anneemortimer

Page: 1 | 2
Tales of a Tiller Girl
Tales of a Tiller Girl

3.0 out of 5 stars Everyone of a certain age remembers those lines of girls high kicking in perfect unison. Obviously ghost written but well work r, 4 Nov. 2014
Very enjoyable and informative autobiography of a Tiller Girl. Everyone of a certain age remembers those lines of girls high kicking in perfect unison.
Obviously ghost written but well work reading.

My Dear I Wanted to Tell You
My Dear I Wanted to Tell You

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful love story, 19 Oct. 2014
I was put iff this book by the somewhat soppy title but after many recommendations I decided to read it. So glad I did! A really well written sensitive story - I went on to research Tooks' drawings of injured soldiers and fairly sure I spotted the inspiration for Riley with his dark curly hair and handsome eyes.

Danielle 5x Magnification 20cm Diameter Acrylic Suction Mirror
Danielle 5x Magnification 20cm Diameter Acrylic Suction Mirror

5.0 out of 5 stars I have been looking for this for years!, 13 Sept. 2014
Seen and used whilst staying at a friend's house, brilliant for eye make-up and contact lens. Lightweight so easy to take with you when travelling. I've got it stuck onto my dressing table mirror but my friend has hers on her bathroom mirror. Perhaps i will get another!

Out Of The Shelter
Out Of The Shelter

5.0 out of 5 stars Love David Lodge, 14 Jun. 2014
I hace read most of David Lodge but seem to have missed this one which I discovered on a booklist about the best overlooked novels. It's a lovely semi autobiographical coming of age book , i loved it.

Her Birth
Her Birth

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful way with words, 14 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Her Birth (Kindle Edition)
Read it like a novel- heartbreaking but wonderful poetry. You can see Rebecca on YouTube reading some of her poetry and talking about her work. She is very watchable.

Fay Makes it Easy: 100 delicious recipes to impress with no stress
Fay Makes it Easy: 100 delicious recipes to impress with no stress
by Fay Ripley

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and Easy, 14 Jun. 2014
Fay's recipes are all quick, easy and very popular in our family. From this book we have already tried her lemon pots-ii I I used yoghurt instead of cream and it worked just as well, and her thyme shortbread-delicious, will try it with lavender.

Shake My Sillies Out (Raffi's Songs to Read)
Shake My Sillies Out (Raffi's Songs to Read)
by Raffi

5.0 out of 5 stars Great song for pre school kids, 14 Jun. 2014
This is a brilliant song to sing to children when they start getting a bit hyper!. It's a song from the 70's by Raffi, the guy who wrote 'The Wheels on the Bus'. Download him singing it, with actions, on You Tube. My grandchildren love it, especially watching Nana 'wiggling her waggles away'!

Catwalk Collection Leather Cross-Body Bag - Dispatch - Dark Blue
Catwalk Collection Leather Cross-Body Bag - Dispatch - Dark Blue
Offered by The Real Handbag Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 17 Jan. 2014
Another lovely Catwalk bag, in soft dark blue leather to take on holiday. Lots of pockets and spacious-just right for travelling.
If you intend keeping the charm bracelet on the bag make sure you tighten up the charms because they can easily fall off.
May just have to buy another in a different colour!

The Secret Intensity of Everyday Life
The Secret Intensity of Everyday Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read, 9 Dec. 2012
Another great book by William Nicholson, always enjoyable, always unputdownable. Well writtenand thoroughly enjoyable. Just wish he'dwritten more so Idon't have to wait until the next one is published

The Golden Hour
The Golden Hour

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyable read, 9 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Golden Hour (Kindle Edition)
I love the way William Nicholson's stories are all connected. It's great to be able to find out what happens next to his characters. I read all his teenage novels when i was a school librarian and didn't realise he was also an author of adult literature. It's all very enjoyable and I'm looking forward to reading his latest book "Homeland"

Page: 1 | 2