Profile for Thalia > Reviews

Thalia

Stonehenge Bluestone: The Story of the Secret Preseli Treasure
Stonehenge Bluestone: The Story of the Secret Preseli Treasure

5.0 out of 5 stars Stonehenge Bluestone, 15 July 2012
This is an expanded version of the earlier free study by the same author. It is a thoughtful study into the use and unique properties of the Bluestone from the Preseli mountains. An investigation into stone age technology and philosophy as a forgotten wisdom of our ancestors.
Reading this book was illuminating and thought provoking an insight into the Bluestone culture as a basis for awakening consciousness.

2013 Oracle: Ancient Mayan Map to the Post-2012 mMind - Deluxe Edition
2013 Oracle: Ancient Mayan Map to the Post-2012 mMind - Deluxe Edition
by David Carson
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars 2013 oracle, 7 May 2011
A friend recommended these cards.At first I was baffled by these lozenge shaped cards as they were unlike any other oracle systems that I have encountered unique in fact.I continued using the cards as 2013 symbolises awakening into a new understanding, a rebirth of life as we know it to be. I now treasure these gems of wisdom rooted in Mayan symbolism. A simple reading; contemplation of even a single card gives me a different perspective of the present so that my daily reality becomes more magical.

My Heart My Mother: Death and Rebirth in Ancient Egypt
My Heart My Mother: Death and Rebirth in Ancient Egypt
by Alison Roberts

5.0 out of 5 stars My Heart My Mother, 7 May 2011
This is an excellent read it is the second book in the study of the Egyptian serpent goddess.I would recommend reading "Hathor Rising" first as it sets the context for this complex and beautifully moving mythology. The symbolism of the goddess and her key role in the mysteries of death and rebirth in Egyptian culture is traced from New Kingdom Egypt and through into the roots of Alchemy in western culture.
Text and image are woven together with the text supporting the imagery so that I could read the visual changes of the symbolism. I am now able to look at Egyptian art with greater understanding; as I can follow the changing relationship between symbols in Egyptian imagery within the context of the time line of Egyptian history.
The author weaves together the mythology through comparing art, architecture, text and ritual this is very successful as it brings to life an ancient understanding of the process of death and birth which is at the core of human experience.