Profile for ZX Beccy > Reviews

TOP GEAR - Staffel 9
TOP GEAR - Staffel 9
Offered by zoreno-uk

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, But Missing an Episode, 20 May 2015
This review is from: TOP GEAR - Staffel 9 (DVD)
I was really pleased when I found this German release of series nine, and on the strength of other reviews snapped up a copy instantly. Is good in regards that it is the only way you are going to get a DVD of series 9. And as mentioned in other reviews, original soundtrack is intact. However, what doesn't seem to be mentioned, and a very, VERY important note is - THIS IS NOT THE COMPLETE SERIES 9. Episode One is missing, replaced with the Winter Olympics Special on disc 2. The missing episode was the one where Richard Hammond talks about his crash and Jamie Oliver is the star in the reasonably priced car. Maybe this has something to do with it being removed? I don't know. Anyhoo - I'm still happy with my purchase, but I would have liked to have known it was incomplete complete first.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 30, 2015 1:41 AM BST

Collect Them All!: Confessions of a Recovering Action Figure Thief.
Collect Them All!: Confessions of a Recovering Action Figure Thief.
by Kurt Vonn Gutzman

4.0 out of 5 stars One for the Original 'Star Wars' Generation, 10 Jan. 2015
I think anyone of the original 'star wars' generation who lived and breathed it back in the day will enjoy this book. Good ending, no spoilers but would be nice to see a follow up in a few years time if all goes well. My only gripe with it was the actual book itself, not the content. Within seconds of taking it out of the cardboard envelope the cover curled up into a tube before my eyes! Sadly something I hear is not uncommon in 'printed by amazon self publishing' - so under the encyclopedia's it goes for a week or so.

Oh, and I also loved the graphics too, great touch :o)

I'll have to agree with other reviewers in that it would have been nice if it was a bit longer... but then, better to leave your readers wanting more I guess. :o)

Video Nasties: The Definitive Guide 2 Limited Edition of 6,666 [DVD]
Video Nasties: The Definitive Guide 2 Limited Edition of 6,666 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jake West

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 July 2014
Another damn fine collection that leaves you wanting more.

Iron Sky (Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
Iron Sky (Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
Dvd ~ Julia Dietze
Offered by b68solutions

4.0 out of 5 stars Well I liked it!, 29 May 2012
It's a great Saturday afternoon sit-on-your-brain munching popcorn special effects fest. The story is original and it doesn't take itself seriously at all. In short - Entertaining. Its good `ol fashioned nonsensical fun. Which is nice to have once in a while y'know.

Hindenburg [DVD]
Hindenburg [DVD]
Dvd ~ Greta Scacchi
Offered by Qoolist

1.0 out of 5 stars BE WARNED - THIS IS NOT THE VERSION ADVERTISED, 12 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Hindenburg [DVD] (DVD)
I know this film has been getting bad reviews, sadly I cannot give a honest review as its not all there. The page states this is the 180 min long version, however it is actually a extreemly cut down 106 min version of the feature. If I had known this in advance I would not have purchased it. Very dissapointed. 74 mins missing, thats false advertising in my book. ho hum.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 23, 2012 3:48 PM BST

Jack The Ripper Revealed
Jack The Ripper Revealed
Offered by WholeFilmsMarket

2.0 out of 5 stars OH... dear..., 3 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Jack The Ripper Revealed (DVD)
Very disappointed with this one. First off, I thought I had bought a pirated DVD. Flimsy slipcase, poorly printed bubblejet insert and a DVD-R complete with a badly placed label with the print a centimetre off centre. Previous comments are correct... a chap clearly green screened over a selection of photographs... which in a lot of cases are rather... random and irrelevant, reading autocue rather badly. The information is informative but it does feel like a middle of the road college documentary project of some sort.

There was however clearly passion in the production, so two stars for that... It would have been a good watch on youtube... maybe... but for £9.99? well... that's just criminal.