Profile for SPARTACUS > Reviews

Sketching: Product Design Presentation
Sketching: Product Design Presentation
by Koos Eissen

3.0 out of 5 stars Was this necessary??????, 19 Jan. 2015
I have the other books by the authors and think they are very inspirational. Unfortunately the first thing that has upset me here are the animal and cookware references. Although I get the message I am left wandering if it was really necessary to dedicate eight pages to this and also if another example could have been considered.

I am not a vegetarian but I am still disturbed. My wife and I volunteer for an animal charity fostering animals that need re-homed. I guess I will be bookmarking these pages in future to avoid.

It will be interesting to see if others feel the same way.

Another lavish and inspirational book but clouded by a bad choice of subject matter

Art of Destiny (Art of the Game)
Art of Destiny (Art of the Game)
by Bungie

5.0 out of 5 stars Although I know little about all the video games out there I have to say that it is great seeing these books, 3 Jan. 2015
I have been buying 'The Art Of' movie books for years now and It would appear that there is a shift now towards gaming. Although I know little about all the video games out there I have to say that it is great seeing these books, that have been coming out in recent years. I have a few and find them really inspiring.
This one arrived yesterday and after a brief flick though the pages I have to say that I am blown over. This is not a proper review as I am not qualified to do so but if you love design drawings/renderings and concept future paintings then this is the book for you. The quality of the artwork is by far the best I have seen in recent years.
A real gem of a book!! Five stars!!!

Luke Skywalker Bespin Outfit #11 Star Wars Black Series 6 Inch Action Figure
Luke Skywalker Bespin Outfit #11 Star Wars Black Series 6 Inch Action Figure
Offered by SHOPPE IN UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Oct. 2014
Spot on!

Junkers Ju 87 D/G, Volume 1 (Monographs 3d Edition)
Junkers Ju 87 D/G, Volume 1 (Monographs 3d Edition)
by Marek J Murawski

5.0 out of 5 stars …and not just for model makers!, 1 May 2014
This arrived in the post this morning and having an extensive library of these publications, I was a little wary of the 3D Edition. However I feel that the 3D artwork is outstanding and an excellent resource and inspiration for technical artists. Sure, the model makers will love this too. I have not read this edition yet but I expect it to be up there with the rest. I am now going to chase the earlier editions. Hope there are still some around…..

LEGO Technic 42006: Excavator
LEGO Technic 42006: Excavator
Offered by SmartPurchaseToys

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY!!!, 22 Jan. 2014
Very clever model to build. You don’t quite see how it’s coming together until half way. Now that it’s built you can clearly see the mechanics of it and you don’t lose interest. Fun to build, fun to play with. Love it!!!!!

Bandolier
Bandolier

5.0 out of 5 stars BLAST FROM THE PAST!!!, 22 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Bandolier (Audio CD)
We used to listen to this album back in the early eighties in my friends parents front room. As time marched on I forgot all about it until I heard Napoleon Bonapart in a rock night club some years back. After much searching and asking around I remembered the band and finally bought it. BRILLIANT!!!

25 Years On
25 Years On

5.0 out of 5 stars Wake up! 1-2-3-4!, 3 Jun. 2012
This review is from: 25 Years On (Audio CD)
Back in the early eighties I tended to prefer the period from 73-75 but now I am in my mid forties, the Charisma years seem to have taken hold. Really love this album and Quark. We all know about the extras now so I won't bother to comment. Excellent product

Cinema 4D: The Artist's Project Sourcebook
Cinema 4D: The Artist's Project Sourcebook
by Kent McQuilkin

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD INTRODUCTION TO CINEMA 4D, 30 Dec. 2011
Really like the layout of this book. It is really useful to LOOK INSIDE and see what you get here thanks to Amazon.

I'm not an expert but I reckon this book serves as an excellent introduction to Cinema with a good range of colorful and eye-catching tutorials. Modeling, exploring materials, creating a scene and animation to name but a few. Much of it I already know but then that's just the level I am at, so no complaints there.

Almost reminds me of the Photoshop/illustrator WOW books which really grab your attention.

If you are a seasoned 3D illustrator/animator then I would look elsewhere.

Wish this book had been available when I started.