Profile for DGNB > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Earth Story [DVD]
Earth Story [DVD]
Dvd ~ Danielle Peck

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good and informative DVD on how the Earth started and still affects us, 14 Dec 2014
This review is from: Earth Story [DVD] (DVD)
This is a great DVD set. It opened my eyes to how the earth was made and how it interacts with humans today. It just makes you appreciate that that our time on as humans on earth is very insignificant with geological time.

Brass Eye [DVD] [1997]
Brass Eye [DVD] [1997]

1.0 out of 5 stars Not funny, just a poor style of "Cringe" comedy, 14 Dec 2014
This review is from: Brass Eye [DVD] [1997] (DVD)
I did not like this at all, I found the first two parts to be a very poor version of an attempt to clone Monty Python. Definitely worth a miss.

The Grand Budapest Hotel [DVD]
The Grand Budapest Hotel [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ralph Fiennes

5.0 out of 5 stars A funny film, well worth watching., 14 Dec 2014
Good film and reminds me of what a real "bounder" can get up when given the opportunity and the right circumstances.

Cressi Antifog Spray
Cressi Antifog Spray

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 14 Dec 2014
This review is from: Cressi Antifog Spray (Sports)
Great stuff, expensive but as I only use a very, very small amount the bottle should last me for ages. I have tried and tested the solution in my swim goggles in fresh and sea water and the stuff works great.

Aqua Sphere Fitness Swim Gloves - Large
Aqua Sphere Fitness Swim Gloves - Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent training gloves to improve your swimming speed, 14 Dec 2014
Excellent training gloves to improve your swimming speed, stamina and shoulder and back muscles. I cant get into a pool and train without them. f you want to improve your swim times, use these. A watch easily fits over the velcrove wrist fastener as well.

Ninja - Shadow Of A Tear [DVD]
Ninja - Shadow Of A Tear [DVD]
Dvd ~ Isaac Florentine

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit too "I lost my Love and now I am alone" type of film for ..., 14 Dec 2014
Bit too "I lost my Love and now I am alone" type of film for me. I will not watch this again.

The Oil Road: Journeys from the Caspian Sea to the City of London
The Oil Road: Journeys from the Caspian Sea to the City of London
by James Marriott

2.0 out of 5 stars This is another book about oil extraction from the North ..., 14 Dec 2014
This is another book about oil extraction from the North Caspian Sea area but I felt it focussed more on one small group travelling rather haphazardly along the pipeline route from the Caspian Sea to the final Oil storage facility. It does start with the group highlighting the issues that they had with the oil majors when requesting interviews rather than giving the reader an insight into oil and gas exploration and production from the drilling areas in the North Caspian along the pipeline to the process depots and beyond. If you have an interest in learning about the early days of Oil and Gas exploration in the North Caspian Sea areas of Kazakhstan, Russia (Caspian Sea area) and Azerbaijan and the people who made a difference (as well as making and losing fortunes) then try "The Oil and the Glory" by Steve Levine.

The Oil and the Glory: The Pursuit of Empire and Fortune on the Caspian Sea
The Oil and the Glory: The Pursuit of Empire and Fortune on the Caspian Sea
by Steve Levine

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 14 Dec 2014
If you don't work in the Caspian Sea oil Projects then you may not find this book too interesting.

High5 Energy Gel Mixed Box 20 Sachets Sports Nutrition - Yellow, 16 cm
High5 Energy Gel Mixed Box 20 Sachets Sports Nutrition - Yellow, 16 cm
Offered by Pure Source Nutrition

5.0 out of 5 stars I just cannot function in my training or important races ..., 14 Dec 2014
I just cannot function in my training or important races without these being part of my race strategies. It might be psychological but they help me during my running, biking and swimming training. Half Marathons are now easier to manage with more effort at key mileage stages due to their "fuel top up" capabilities. I do look at when they are on offer and keep a decent stock in the house to tie me over when I feel that their price is too high for my liking.

NATO Spec. Forceflex 3000 ALMOST UNBREAKABLE Safety Spectacles. TRANSLUCENT GREY Frame with Clear HC Lens. UV400.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, Tough Safety Glasses, well worth the cost., 14 Dec 2014
These are tough safety glasses !! This is a reorder for me as I have had my last pair for over a year now. They can deform and reshape to a reasonable state but I did not want to push that aspect just to impress my work colleagues. I work offshore, onshore and on vessels and these worked well in the cold, in the wet, in low light and in hot conditions and always gave good clarity, occasionally misting up in the cold (below minus 15) for a few seconds when my face ski mask was too close to them. Just be aware that the ear rest end of the safety glasses do go into a point and so care should be taken when inadvertently placing them on your face with your safety helmet on. The only reason that I have had to replace my existing pair was that I placed them in a cloth bag that was just a fraction too small for the glasses and as a result the pointed ends when in the folded mode scratched the inside of both eye lens during their transit in my baggage and this left an annoying mark on the inside of my glasses. Not enough to impair their vision but just annoying to me. I also have the brown framed framed dark lens pair of the same make and they are excellent in sunlight working conditions.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15