Profile for Jo Leigh > Reviews

Jo Leigh

Love, Lies and Lemon Cake
Love, Lies and Lemon Cake

1.0 out of 5 stars boring nothing really happened, 9 Aug. 2014
I read lots of books and thought this book was hum drum, boring nothing really happened. I was waiting for Faye to go off and do more than she did instead of getting into a relationship with the first man she met after her marriage broke up.

The Truth about the Harry Quebert Affair
The Truth about the Harry Quebert Affair

3.0 out of 5 stars So so, 28 Jun. 2014
This book was ok. I didn't really like it and I didn't dislike it. My husband told me to read it as they were discussing it on radio 2. Would not of been a book I would of chosen of my own choice.

The Goldfinch
The Goldfinch

1.0 out of 5 stars Marathon of a book., 23 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Goldfinch (Kindle Edition)
I loved the plot of this book and enjoyed the characters but was very disappointed with the ending. It's a very long book to read, in places I feel the author has just written pages and pages of descriptive waffle. 750 pages with really a very dull ending.

A Kind of Vanishing
A Kind of Vanishing

1.0 out of 5 stars Woffle, 12 Oct. 2013
This book started off really good and interesting. About 20% through it got boring going round and round in circles. Pages of woffle describing words with not much meaning to the story. I skimmed them to try and get somewhere else in the story. I actually didn't finish the book. I read lots and do not very often never complete a story.

The Bad Mother
The Bad Mother

3.0 out of 5 stars The mother wasnt that bad, 27 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Bad Mother (Kindle Edition)
The beginning of this book started really good, towards the middle I started to get annoyed and bored with the charachter. I also thought the book came to an abrupt ending. A disappointing read.

Disappear
Disappear

5.0 out of 5 stars Disappear., 28 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Disappear (Kindle Edition)
Excellent book, had me on the edge of my seat all the way through. Difficult to put down. Scary in parts,

Bright Young Things
Bright Young Things

3.0 out of 5 stars Bright Young Things, 28 Jan. 2013
A good read, ending a bit disappointing. It only cost 20p I think so not bad really. Makes you think about life.

Wait For Me (Against All Odds Book 1)
Wait For Me (Against All Odds Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wait for Me, 28 Jan. 2013
This Book was excellent. I could not put it down. Very good for a free download. Can see it being made into a film some day.

Thursdays in the Park
Thursdays in the Park

5.0 out of 5 stars Thursdays in the Park, 8 Nov. 2012
Can recommend it very true to life. Very good read and good value for money. Read it and see how many of you relate to this book. Those people that have been married for many years probably will.