Profile for Wendy > Reviews

The House at Riverton
by Kate Morton
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed every single word., 23 Aug 2007
This review is from: The House at Riverton (Paperback)
This is one of those books that will stay with you forever. I read it after seeing it on the R&J show and dutifully bought a copy to form my own opinion and I just loved it. From the very beginning, I was captivated, and I love the emotion the author manages to inject into the events.

The characters are quite beautiful and very memorable. Grace was especially interesting to read about and through her eyes. The insight into what it must be like to conceal such an enormous secret for your whole life is incredible. This book made me wonder about my own dear grandmother, and what mysteries she has taken to her grave with her.

More than this though, as a comment on social change in that period, I found the book particularly interesting, as it was an era of such change and revolution that affected everyone - rich, poor, male or female.

The ending is neat and makes me so hungry for a sequel. I want to know more of this family and their dark secrets and their decline!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) [Children's Edition]
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) [Children's Edition]
by J. K. Rowling
Price: 14.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I had hoped it would be, and more, 23 Aug 2007
... everyone has said it all already! I just wanted to say that JK has outdone herself. When you write a book series as popular as this, I think it is incredibly difficult because everyone feels a sense of ownership over the novel and its characters. Well, I was so happy with how she tied everything up. I don't want to give anything away (to the two or three people in the world who haven't already read it!) but the ending was so neat.
Can't wait for the film now...!

Indian Food Made Easy
Indian Food Made Easy
by Anjum Anand
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow, 23 Aug 2007
This review is from: Indian Food Made Easy (Paperback)
I love Indian food but find it quite hard to recreate at home. This book makes it easy! I have already made two recipes (much to my husband's delight) and think it makes Indian cooking really accessible to people who are novices with spices etc.
Love it.