Profile for Phoebe > Reviews

Content by Phoebe

Phoebe

Homescapes - Retro Flower - 100% Cotton - Large Floor Cushion - Green Pink Blue - 50 x 50 x 10 cm Square - Indoor - Garden - Dining Chair Booster - Seat Pad Cushion.
Offered by HOMESCAPES

5.0 out of 5 stars Jolly cushion, 14 Aug 2013
I bought this for sitting on a wooden floor & picked this pattern because it reminded me of The Magic Roundabout. Pretty, joyful colours which add a nice punch in my all white Scandi decor. Pleased.

And on the 8th day God created Land Rover large black standard fit T-shirt
And on the 8th day God created Land Rover large black standard fit T-shirt
Offered by AKpromotions

5.0 out of 5 stars Landrover T Shirt, 24 Jun 2012
Thought this would be a good present for my Landrover mad husband. The sentiment pretty much sums up Landrover owners' deep love for their vehicles. He was delighted with it. Have washed once and the logo didn't seem to be any the worse for that. From memory I think I ordered some books for his birthday from Amazon and other stuff from elsewhere after I ordered this shirt and this arrived very much later and after the event. However, I think it did say 2-5 days delivery (not sure why) and he was so pleased I forgave the lengthy send time. Just did think it seemed a long time compared to other very fast deliveries I get, so if you're ordering as a gift order in good time to allow for extreme snail mail. The company seems fine though.

Hanes Long Sleeve Heavy T-shirt Ash M
Hanes Long Sleeve Heavy T-shirt Ash M

4.0 out of 5 stars Long sleeve Tees, 20 Jun 2011
I ordered 2 in white and 2 in ash for my husband and happy with them. Must admit, for some reason I thought the ash colour would be less ashy and more charcoal-y in colour - perhaps because of the picture. I think it would be better if they would allow you to order more than one colour on the one order and group them together for postage, otherwise it's more time spent ordering and it's like they're having a laugh with the postage.

Leifheit Proline Kitchen and Barbecue Grill Tongs Stainless Steel Silicone Silver Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Leifheit Proline tongs, 17 May 2011
Bought these as a gift for my husband and he thinks they're great. We both love the easy locking action for storing. Well designed and a pleasure to use.

Pale & Interesting
Pale & Interesting
by Atlanta Bartlett

5.0 out of 5 stars Pale and Interesting, 17 May 2011
This review is from: Pale & Interesting (Hardcover)
Definitely recommend. I love the pared back but comfy look the Scandinavians do so well - that mix of pale, chalky white, grey or blue which nods to French and Scandi, Shaker, New England or Prairie look. Also love the ideas for sparkly glass, candlesticks and everyday objects used decoratively.

On My Swedish Island: Discovering the Secrets of Scandinavian Well-being
On My Swedish Island: Discovering the Secrets of Scandinavian Well-being
by Julie Catterson Lindahl

3.0 out of 5 stars On My Swedish Island, 17 May 2011
For me, I would have preferred more pictures to really get the essence of Sweden and Swedish life. I still haven't read all of it because there are some sections which just dragged on - could have benefitted from a little tighter editorial. Some of it is interesting but would have improved 100% by being more visual and tightened up. You can take some snippets from it but overall I wouldn't particularly recommend.

The Shabby Chic: The Gift of Giving
The Shabby Chic: The Gift of Giving
by Rachel Ashwell

4.0 out of 5 stars The Shabby Chic: The Gift of Giving, 17 May 2011
I have enjoyed this very much and often lift it off the shelf for inspiration. Although some of the ideas are a little on the frilly and frou frou for my taste it has been good at making me think laterally about objects for people and presenting them in a thoughtful way. I have created a few present boxes for people now off the back of this and they have really enjoyed their personal treasure boxes. I love that it urges you to thin about reusing pretty packaging too.

At Home with White
At Home with White
by Atlanta Bartlett

5.0 out of 5 stars At Home With White, 17 May 2011
This review is from: At Home with White (Hardcover)
Really love this book. If you love light, White, creamy, chalky and airy you will really enjoy over and over.

Rediscovered Treasures: A New Life for Old Objects
Rediscovered Treasures: A New Life for Old Objects
by Ellen Dyrop

3.0 out of 5 stars Rediscovered Treasures, 17 May 2011
Although it is full of pretty enough photos I was a bit disappointed. I flicked once through it and nothing particularly stopped me in my tracks for a second look. I have quite a few of these books and I lift them from the shelves to savour the pictures and the words again and again but as I didn't see those possibilities with this book I gave it to my sister as a kind of 'starter' book.