Profile for G. D. Chance > Reviews

The Good Shepherd [DVD]
The Good Shepherd [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matt Damon
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars De Niro's Film Portrays Devastating Consequences of a Secret Organisation, 7 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Good Shepherd [DVD] (DVD)
After remembering the 50th anniversary of JFK's assassination November last, this film fits right in with expanding the Bay of Pigs fiasco both backward and forward in time. Starting in the 1930's with secrecy at its foundation out of university, the world of espionage was a law unto itself as brilliantly re-created by Robert De Niro and a superb cast and crew. I was delighted to see a couple actors who also appeared in Charlotte Gray make their mark here as well: Billy Crudup and Michael Gambon. Matt Damon's character was played to perfection reflecting the devastating secret organisation machine developing over time. This is intricately woven with several threads that make watching this film more than once a rewarding delight. To say this film is relevant to today is an understatement. It keeps growing in relevance as Snowden's revelations continue amid the argument of oversight and secrecy for intelligence organisation. Clearly, the title is chock-a-block with irony.

Mission to Paris
Mission to Paris

5.0 out of 5 stars Nazi Political Warfare in 1938 Similar to Today's, 7 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Mission to Paris (Kindle Edition)
Poltical Warfare in 1938 Paris identical with today's in the West. He describes the elements for acquiescence by subterfuge that everyone should read to refresh a sound grounding to be alert against deception the fascists created. Also, the kind of bully campaign described against a government minister exists today in the West against anyone not liked trying to achieve the same results. Pay close attention to the definition of treason. I highly recommend this as a must read to avoid the devastation of this kind of manipulation which is recurring today in the West.

Universal Keyboard Protect Case Leather Faux Case for 9 inch Tablet PC Connect via USB/ MICRO USB or MINI USB

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb! Perfect in every way, 28 Aug. 2013
Outstanding! Arrived promptly and well packaged. My Cnm Touchpad 9DC fit perfectly. Plugged it in and started operating flawlessly with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Absolutely superb in every way so far. I can recommend this unreservedly. Both adapters for USB connectors provided eliminating any guessing or confusion when buying or future use changes.

Bipra USB 2.0 to SATA/IDE Adapter Kit with Power Adapter for 2.5/3.5/5.25 inch SATA or IDE Drive
Offered by Bipra Limited UK's Number 1 Hard Drive Specialist

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Linux too., 2 Sept. 2012
Since it's plug 'n' play without the need for drivers, I was able to use it with Knoppix 6.4 (Linux) with no problems. I've just started using this and have only used the 2.5" IDE HDD that went south a month ago requiring a HDD replacement on a notebook. Now I can easily get all the stuff from that former HDD easily, and I've got another 2.5" HDD and many other 3.5" HDD to access as well. Whatever boot access problem that developed in WinXP seemed to persist when using the bipra adapter, but I got around this with Knoppix 6.4. Superb. This is the way to go. No doubt about it.

LUPO Hi-Speed 7 Port USB 2.0 HUB
LUPO Hi-Speed 7 Port USB 2.0 HUB

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Solution at an Unbeatable Price, 17 Jan. 2011
This review is from: LUPO Hi-Speed 7 Port USB 2.0 HUB
I wanted a least cost, unpowered multiport USB 2.0 hub for all the devices from my notebook since it only had three USB ports. When I plugged this in, it worked immediately without my doing anything else, and I filled all seven ports with: three flash memory sticks, scanner, printer, card reader and powered 500GB extension HDD. All of this in Linux too.

All devices were recognised except the card reader (part of a external drive) and allowed me to spend my time sorting drivers in Linux for the card reader, scanner and printer. I'm printing happily now and booting Knoppix 6.2.1 from a fourth flash memory stick in a computer port. Let's not forget the USB mouse and keyboard that occupy the other computer USB port This hub was the perfect solution for that third and last USB computer port.

Now, I need another hub. There are all these USB 2.0 cables for digital recorders, cameras, Freecom Digital TV, WiFI, etc that need connecting too which I would like to leave plugged in permanently into another hub. I can experiment to see if the USB mouse and keyboard will work from the hub which they should. I can plug the hub in and out with its one connector as I choose and take it with me. Makes organisation for the home and road fascinating exploration of what can be done.

It looks like a distributer cap with all pistons firing. No loose connections so far. It is a gem.