Profile for Dr. H. Payne > Reviews

Dr. H. Payne

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, really small sizing, 19 July 2010
This was a nicely shaped, heavy cotton T-shirt with good print quality. The sizing is really small though. I bought a large size which only just fitted a friend who wears a size 12-14 top.

The Filmcell Factory Twilight New Moon Bookmark Edward Cullen
The Filmcell Factory Twilight New Moon Bookmark Edward Cullen
Offered by THE FILMCELL FACTORY

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, mediocre quality, 19 July 2010
Having read the other glowing reviews for this product I was quite surprised with the poor quality of the bookmark I received. The film cell was murky and it was difficult to make out what was on it. Several of us held it up to a bright light and couldn't decide whether there were 1 or 2 people, whether it was a head shot or a full body. The film cell and larger photo were encased in a really amateurish laminate. There was a separate ribbon which I had to tie on myself. It looked like a well-intentioned 10 year-old had made it. There is much better quality material on the market than this.

Gold indoor mini sparklers( 4 packs of 10)FREE POSTAGE IN THE UK
Gold indoor mini sparklers( 4 packs of 10)FREE POSTAGE IN THE UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Slow to light, fast to burn, 7 July 2010
I bought these to put on a celebration cake as a slight change to candles. They were a damp squib to say the least. Each sparkler took around 15-25 seconds to light and by the time I'd managed to light the second one the first had already burned out. Whatever you're planning to use them for I think the pzazz element of the sparkle is so brief as to be dampened by the lengthy lighting time.

Hand held pH Meter  Digital Hand Held pH Meter Pool Water Wine SPA AQUARIUM Tester Tool Hydroponics UK
Hand held pH Meter Digital Hand Held pH Meter Pool Water Wine SPA AQUARIUM Tester Tool Hydroponics UK
Offered by Euromart UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use, 7 July 2010
I bought this to test the water of my children's new 8ft diameter "paddling pool". The pool is too large to change the water that frequently and I wanted to get the chlorine balance right. This device was spot on. You switch it on, hold it in the water and get a pH reading. Simple. I've only given it 4 stars as the reading fluctuated around for about 40-60 seconds and so I wouldn't consider it to be amazingly accurate, but it served the purpose for me.

Tables Songs (The playtime range)
Tables Songs (The playtime range)
by Various
Edition: Audio CD

1.0 out of 5 stars Tedious, can't hold a child's attention, 9 May 2010
My 6 year old son was excited by the prospect of a new CD when this arrived. I put it on and was terribly disappointed. I had hoped for catchy tunes which would have him singing along memorising the times tables as he went. Instead the tunes are bland, unmemorable and deathly slow. Within minutes of this being on he walked out of the playroom to have some peace and quiet to play in his bedroom!

I would put it in the car to have a captive audience, but I'm seriously afraid that it would send me to sleep at the wheel. Not recommended unless you're looking for a cure for insomnia.

Nemaslug Slug Killer Standard Pack treats 40 sq m
Nemaslug Slug Killer Standard Pack treats 40 sq m
Offered by green gardener

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective, safe, easy to use, 9 May 2010
This is a fantastic product. I used it for many years on my old smallholding and now in a far more manageable domestic garden. I have small children and keep chickens and cats. I am concerned not to cause them any harm while still controlling the slugs. Even though many slug pellets say they are not harmful to children and pets I feel far happier using nemotodes which are a natural slug predator rather than a chemical product.

You keep it in the sealed packet in the fridge until its ready to use (it looks like a microwaveable meal packet!). Once you open it it consists of a fine dusty powder that is the dormant, microscopic nematodes. You follow the simple directions for diluting it to the right strength and simply pour it over your garden in a watering can. Don't use it when its too cold or when the nemotodes may dry out quickly and, hey presto, in a few days no more slugs! No unsightly and worrisome blue pellets around your garden either.

Highly recommended.

Ben 10 Alien Force Aluminium Ali Bottle
Ben 10 Alien Force Aluminium Ali Bottle

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, doesn't leak, survives the dishwasher, 7 May 2010
The title of my review says it all. My main concerns with some drinks bottles (and we seem to get through loads in our house) is that they leak or the design comes off too easily in the dishwasher. Not the case here. There is a pull-up spout inside the blue lid and it's easy to lift and doesn't soak my son's gym kit. Our bottle has been through many wash cycles and looks as good as new. Job done.

Jolly Phonics Letter Sound Poster
Jolly Phonics Letter Sound Poster
by Sue Lloyd
Edition: Poster

2.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat confusing, 7 May 2010
I'm not so impressed with this wall chart. I bought it, like all other parents, to help my child with this new system of Jolly Phonics. Being relatively new there's not so much on the market yet and I feel there's plenty of scope for product development here.

My main concern is with the ordering of the letters. They appear in the same sequence as in the Jolly Phonics book. What's wrong with the good, old fashioned sequence of the alphabet? When my daughter is scanning through the chart it's really hard to find the letter she's looking for, it bears no resemblance to the ABC she's sung for a few years now.

Another concern is the linking of letters with pictures aimed to cue to phonic sound and action. I don't feel they all work. With the letter "M" for example there is a picture of Inky mouse rubbing his tummy. This is supposed to cue "mmmmmm", however my daughter (who already knows this is the letter "M") is propmted to make the "iiii iiii iiii" sound for Inky Mouse.

I have to say I prefer the posters where "A is for apple, B is for ball". They make more sense to me and my children.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2011 9:41 AM BST

Shamanic Journey Solo and Double Drumming
Shamanic Journey Solo and Double Drumming

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality recording, 27 April 2010
I'm fairly new to shamanic work and don't have the luxury of a drummer to hand whenever I want to journey. This does the job of easing me into another plane of consciousness.

There are 4 tracks on the CD. A single drummer playing for a 15 minute and a 30 minute journey, including "callback" time. Also a 15 minute and 30 minute journey with two people drumming. The sound quality of the recording is good with the right amount of acoustic space bouncing the beats around. However it cannot compare to sitting next to someone drumming where you can feel the resonance from the drum directly.

Recommended for the solitary journey.

Star Wars R2 D2 Remote Control
Star Wars R2 D2 Remote Control

3.0 out of 5 stars Initially fun but the novelty wears off quickly, 27 April 2010
I bought this as a Christmas present for my 6 year-old son. He's been infected by a playground craze for Lego Star Wars and this seemed ideal for him. He was delighted initially and played with R2D2 for long periods over several days (when he managed to wrestle it from his father!). However, the toy is a bit of a one-trick-pony and the novelty wore off fairly fast (for father and son). Once you've passed the initial joy of having a remote controlled R2D2 there's not much more to say or do. It doesn't really fit into boisterous 6 year-old role playing of fantasy characters as he and his friends tear around - they're far more entertained by garden sticks as light sabres!

The controls for the toy are unusual. There is a button for R2D2's sound effects which is straightforward enough. The movement control is a button that rocks one of two ways; push it one way and R2D2 goes straight ahead, push it the other and he rotates. So to change direction you rotate R2D2 until he's pointing the right way then send him off forward again.

Overall a bit of short-term fun.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12