Profile for Sweet Honey > Reviews

Content by Sweet Honey

Sweet Honey

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Kindle Paperwhite 3G (6th generation), 6" High Resolution Display (212 ppi) with Built-in Light, Free 3G + Wi-Fi

2.0 out of 5 stars A new model that is not as good as the older versions of Kindle, 18 May 2015
I wavered between I don't like it and It's okay, but decided on I don't like it, because I don't!

I only bought the Paperwhite because my first Kindle froze and the 'Helpdesk' was only able to offer the standard reset instructions, press Menu and do you want prices for refurbished models?? I was very happy with my old Kindle, but not so happy with this one.

There are several problems with the Paperwhite in my opinion. Firstly, the unit is too small - I only have small hands, but find that the sides of the Kindle are very narrow and my fingers keep slipping off and hitting the screen, consequently I end up several pages away from where I want to be and have to move backward and forwards in the book which is extremely irritating. To avoid this, I have to balance the unit and can end up with cramp in my hand. Conversely, sometimes when I want to turn the page, the damn machine doesn't respond and I then end up pressing a little too long and get the dictionary appearing!

The function keys were confusing to start with and aren't as user-friendly as my old unit which was very simple.

When looking for books, the search feature can be slow to respond to the keyboard and I've found myself entering letters multiple times because the system doesn't respond to information being inputted and then having to delete everything (and again, it's slow to respond) and start again. I almost threw it at the wall last week because it was so slow and annoying.

On two occasions it has done a spontaneous reboot. Last night, I was reading my book when it decided to reboot of its own accord, consequently when I was able to go back into my book I had to scroll through until I found where I was up to (and as I had been reading for about an hour, that was a lot of pages!).

I've only had the unit a few weeks and have had to reboot a few times because it has frozen which doesn't bode well for the future.

On the positives, I like the backlight feature which is handy and when I received it, all my old books were on the Cloud to be called down as required, which was a relief.

So, whilst I am very positive about ebooks in general, the Paperwhite isn't the best Kindle in my opinion.

Curious (The Finn Factor Book 1)
Curious (The Finn Factor Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars True love will find its way, 6 May 2015
Straight Owen and Bi Jeremy have been friends for years when Owen declares himself as curious!

What follows is a hot, sexy, love story that I didn't want to end.

Definitely recommend.

Never Too Early: Finding Their Way
Never Too Early: Finding Their Way

5.0 out of 5 stars Cowboys and Firemen - what a combination, 6 May 2015
After Jake is hurt in an accident on the Ranch, Tor rings Tucker and Chance for support. The accident brings all their latent feelings to a head with Chance realising his feelings for Jake.

There are misunderstandings once the couples are back to their own lives, but everything comes to a head when they get together at Christmas.

Loved the intensity of all the relationship comibinations and can't wait for the next instalment which I hope will focus on Tor and Tucker and take the story forward.

Never Too Early: The Beginning
Never Too Early: The Beginning

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant start to the story., 6 May 2015
Whoever had the idea of bringing together Chance and Tucker (Heat) with Jake and Tor (Bareback/Natural Disaster) is an absolute genius and deserves a medal!

These two committed couples meet by accident at the races and friendships develop with each couple enjoying the opportunity to be friends with another gay couple. Jake and Chance find common ground as do Tor and Tucker (the Terrible Twins).

This book focuses on the growing friendships of the four men.

Gay For The Captain: Lust On The High Seas Bundle Books 1,2 & 3: Gay historical first time menage erotica

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun romp on the high seas, 6 May 2015
Light hearted, well written seafaring romp about a country boy turned cabin boy whose duties are to service the captain and the crew!

Bought the compendium as it was cheaper than individual stories and it felt a little more like a novella rather than a brief story.

The Last Guy Breathing (The Guy Series Book 3)
The Last Guy Breathing (The Guy Series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad to be back in Glamour, 6 May 2015
I welcomed the opportunity to revisit the town of Glamour and enjoyed Henry and Locke's story.

Henry and Locke get together when they pretend to be boyfriends when Henry helps the police on a fraud case involving his firm. An excellent background story makes this an extremely enjoyable read.

Plumbing His Depths (A JLC Construction Story Book 3)
Plumbing His Depths (A JLC Construction Story Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun read, 23 April 2015
A light, well written, entertaining read.

Sexy gay contractor meets sexy but straight plumber and sparks fly.

Part of a series, but can be read as a stand-alone novel.

Rode Hard (Tales from Triple M Ranch Book 1)
Rode Hard (Tales from Triple M Ranch Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun romp, 23 April 2015
An enjoyable love story with a difference.

It's been a while since I read any menage novels, but this was a fun, non-taxing novella.

The Exiled Omega (Gay Werewolf Shifter Mates - An M/M Alpha/Omega Romance)
The Exiled Omega (Gay Werewolf Shifter Mates - An M/M Alpha/Omega Romance)

3.0 out of 5 stars An okay read, 23 April 2015
Decent storyline, but heavy going to read in places.

The worst thing was the spoiler the author included about three quarters of the way through.

Rock Star Baby (Bad Oak Boys Book 1)
Rock Star Baby (Bad Oak Boys Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable shifter story, 23 April 2015
A shifter book with a difference. A rock star with shifter genes meets a shifter, and when they meet it's hot!

Their lives take them in different directions and for one of them he takes a little something extra with him ....

A fun read.

I look forward to the next instalment.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11