Profile for Jan > Reviews

Content by Jan

Jan "Jan" (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Cowboy Boots and Untamed Hearts (Siren Publishing Menage Amour) (Siren Menage Amour)
Price: 4.64

1.0 out of 5 stars All talk and no action, 29 Nov 2012
I'm halfway through this book and am still waiting for something to happen. It takes skill for someone to write so much without actually filling out much information about the main characters in the book. I am going to continue reading a few more pages but i think this may well be a book I don't finish.

The Tycoon's Proposal (Baby for the Billionaire - Book 3)
The Tycoon's Proposal (Baby for the Billionaire - Book 3)
Price: 1.90

1.0 out of 5 stars not a pleasant read, 3 Nov 2012
The hero of this book is little better than a rapist and blackmailer he forces himself on the heroine who quickly goes from fighting to accepting his advances. The heroine needs some serious therapy she thinks the man who has forced her to his bed and to do his bidding is, I quote a "beautiful, caring, family-oriented man." The grammar leaves a lot to be desired too, this is a very poor piece of writing.

Colters' Promise (Colters' Legacy)
Colters' Promise (Colters' Legacy)
Price: 4.02

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 24 Oct 2012
This is a book with no real story just a catch up on each of the previous books but nothing terribly interesting. The big climax to the story was Christmas but even that was lacklustre with the author failing for me to give the event any excitement. The book also finishes at 88% and when I have paid nearly 5 for something I expect to get 100% product not some product and a lot of adverts. Others may enjoy this I didn't.

The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors - Book 7)
The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors - Book 7)
Price: 1.90

1.0 out of 5 stars Melody Anne needs english lessons, 16 Oct 2012
Why do I hate this book; it is because the author is too lazy to edit the work correctly, There are so many grammatical errors and it isn't as if this is a freebie or a 77p book.
The misuse of words happens all through the book and the mismatching of tenses is also incredibly irritating.
Examples A man is described as VIRAL instead of VIRILE. A man about to start a fight is described as looking at his opponent WEARILY instead of WARILY. Something is described as ALLUSIVE instead of ELUSIVE, TUFF instead of TOUGH. These are just a few examples, it is sad as the story is quite good it is everything else that lets it down.

Mistletoe and Magic
Mistletoe and Magic

5.0 out of 5 stars Two excellent stories, 15 Oct 2012
I enjoyed these books they manage to evoke the spirit of Christmas without being too slushy. I also liked the originality of the plots and in true Christmas story tradition they made me hungry. This book has to be one of the best free books I ever downloaded.

The Billionaire's Marriage Proposal (Billionaire Bachelors - Book 4)
The Billionaire's Marriage Proposal (Billionaire Bachelors - Book 4)
Price: 1.85

1.0 out of 5 stars Leaves a lot to be desired, 15 Oct 2012
Apart from the spelling and grammatical errors plus factual errors (Emperor Josef Franz instead of Franz Josef) I also have issues with aspects of the story. The first time the couple have sex she wakes up to find him having sex with her which to me is rape (she is drunk he is sober) the author has the heroine dreaming that she is having sex so that when she wakes up to find her virginity being taken she joins in. There is no upset that she has lost her virginity or in the way it has happened. The hero actually is a jerk, providing he can have his own way he doesn't care about the heroine at all. The author writes his attitude is changing but it doesn't have any impact on his behaviour. The other books in the series weren't too bad but this one is not a keeper.

Italian Job
Italian Job
Price: 0.77

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good, 14 Oct 2012
This review is from: Italian Job (Kindle Edition)
I started reading this book and couldn't decide why I didn't like it, then I realised it was a bit like reading a text book with all the information needed to read the story given in a long stream. It would have been better if the author has done a prologue if she wanted the reader to have so much background information. The story itself is cliched and I didn't actually like the heroine much. There are also grammatical and spelling errors which were the final death knell for me.

Turnagain Love  (Sisters of Spirit #1)
Turnagain Love (Sisters of Spirit #1)
Price: 2.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Read, 11 Oct 2012
This is a lovely book it is well written both in subject matter style and lack of errors. It is a true romance with laughter along the way, I highly recommend this book to anyone needing a bit of TLC and feel good factor.

The Tycoon's Toddler Surprise
The Tycoon's Toddler Surprise
Price: 1.85

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 11 Oct 2012
I was so disappointed with this story, the premise was just that bit different and the kindle preview was excellent unfortunately from then on it all goes downhill and becomes almost formulaic in the writing. What a pity the author could not maintain the initial quality throughout the book.

Tony the Town Terror
Tony the Town Terror

3.0 out of 5 stars Had potential, 11 Oct 2012
I know this story is sold as a novelette but it still ended too soon for me, that is at 62% on my kindle. It is a pity that the author was unable to flesh out the story more as it had the potential to make a good book. I enjoyed what I read but it could have been so much more.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14