Profile for Hard 2 Pleze > Reviews

Childrens Tranquillity
Offered by MEDIAWORLD
Price: 6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Muzak and not for children!, 31 July 2014
This review is from: Childrens Tranquillity (Audio CD)
Muzak at its worst and nothing to do with kids!

Danny Boy with Panpipes, Greensleeves with a hint of panpipes and sleigh bells. And then to my horror Deep Forest which was originally very peaceful... in panpipes! AAARGH!

Why this is described as anything to do with children is beyond me. Disney Lullabies has been playing for two years and will continue to do so if this is the competition!

Lollipop Lane Bertie Horse Rocker
Lollipop Lane Bertie Horse Rocker

1.0 out of 5 stars Downright dangerous avoid!!!!, 29 Jun 2014
We have the pink horse in this range. Had it since my baby girl was born. She's only recently grown tall enough to reach the foot rests and get on and off alone - she only weighs 10kg (22lb) so not a big girl.
The other day I was across the room from her while she was on it and she rocked it and it went on its rear rocker and fell right over backwards on top of her!!!! She was just rocking normally, maybe a bit vigorously, but certainly nothing extreme or out of the ordinary.
So now she goes on when I'm nearby, yet only yesterday she was rocking on it and it rocked her straight over the front and crashed down on top of her!
I have no idea how I can fix this - it seems the rockers are too short for the height of it. I'm afraid ours will probably end up as firewood - I couldn't sell it to someone else.
Such a shame as she loves it.
This company should be ashamed and should remove it immediately!!!!

King size goose feather and down mattress topper - feather bed
King size goose feather and down mattress topper - feather bed
Offered by Viceroy Bedding
Price: 26.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Feathers stick in your bum!!!, 29 Jun 2014
I've had this a couple of years now and it's OK, but every week or so you get a big hard feather sticking out - I pull the feather out and it's ok for a while. When I change the sheets there are feathers everywhere... bit of a pain but yes a feather topper maks your bed lovely and comfy!
I'm about to order this one with a down topper built in - REALLY expensive but I bet it's worlds apart from this one!!!

Indian Superfood
Indian Superfood
by Gurpareet Bains
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Infallible, 8 Oct 2013
This review is from: Indian Superfood (Paperback)
Easy, healthy curries. Yes the book's binding falls apart, but these curries are amazing and healthy! I wish he'd put a shopping list at the front, but if you take time to go through the recipes and make a list, then create a box of spices it's easy. Also helpful to bulk-grate ginger (in a mincer is easy) and garlic into ice cubes as you use a LOT of these! Once you do that you can turn around a decent curry with about 10 mins prep.
The best cook book I own - and I own a LOT!

Koolsun Shorefeet Baby Neoprene Padder Soft Shoes (Pink, 0 - 6 Months)
Koolsun Shorefeet Baby Neoprene Padder Soft Shoes (Pink, 0 - 6 Months)
Offered by Adventure Togs
Price: 8.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Thin and flimsy, 2 Aug 2013
First the stickers peeled off in the first hour, then after a couple of hours of wear for two days a hole started coming in the sole of one. My 9 month old is just starting to crawl and these were a good fit and protected her feet well, but I couldn't see them lasting more than a week so I sent them back.

Bright Young Things
Bright Young Things
Price: 0.20

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful, 10 Feb 2013
Banal and dull. Don't bother - even if its free! I skipped most of the awful dialogues. There are loads of opportunities for a twist or a turn - or even just an event - yet nothing happens. Utter rubbish.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars the length???, 25 Feb 2012
I haven't ordered this because there is no length detailed - if anyone knows maybe they can pop a review on please??
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 13, 2012 12:47 PM BST

Melitta Caffeo Ci Fully Automatic Bean to Cup Coffee Maker, White
Melitta Caffeo Ci Fully Automatic Bean to Cup Coffee Maker, White
Price: 994.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great coffee, 25 Feb 2012
We had this coffee maker as a wedding gift - something we would never spend so much money on ourselves. It makes fab coffee and is very cleverly programmable. It is however like having a child in the house because it demands so much attention:

It rinses itself when you turn it on and when it automatically turns itself off, so the drip/dregs tray needs emptying every 8 cups or so - an easy task but still rather too regular. It tells you when it needs descaling - every 100 cups apparently - again not a hard task but about 8 mins of time and a special sachet of descaler. Then it surprises you because it needs cleaning (a tablet that goes through a different bit to the descaler). The good bit is that it talks you through all this very well, the bad bit is that it all seems to come round quite quickly. We don't use the provided water filter as it would take up space in the smallish water reservoir, we use our own filter instead (also saves buying yet another consumable item). We're not fans of milky coffees so haven't even tried the milk attachment so I can only imagine how many more cleaning demands and consumable items that would invite!

All in all it's a great machine, but be prepared for the time in maintenance and expenditure on consumable items.

Sunrise Temperature Date & Day LCD Display Bedside Alarm Clock
Sunrise Temperature Date & Day LCD Display Bedside Alarm Clock

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the money, 22 Jan 2012
I have had a Lumie dawn simulator followed by a Philips one for about 10 years now and couldn't live without one (both are great and cost about 70). But when it comes to sharing one it starts to get awkward. My husband gets up an hour earlier than me so I don't need the whole dawn thing an hour too early, but equally I don't want to be woken by an alarm sound either. He's not bothered about Dawn simulators and he wakes easily, so this little gem has been my saviour.

We set it to light up 5 mins before he is due to get up and he generally wakes and turns it straight off. If the light doesn't wake him we have it set on the quiet heartbeat alarm sound which then wakes him. This is all subtle enough that I don't get fully awoken and so I still benefit from my dawn simulator an hour later.

In short, this is not adequate to be a proper dawn simulator - the light is too harsh and comes on too quickly and brightly, and the sounds aren't great. But - it is certainly adequate for a subtle little alarm clock and will make a good travel clock for me. It doesn't have a mains plug but has the hole for one. The batteries are a fiddle to put in with a screwdriver. Its plasticky and very basic - but what do you expect for 7.

Acrylic Surround Chrome Base Pedestal LED Mirror  Battery Operated x5 Magnified 38cmx20cm
Acrylic Surround Chrome Base Pedestal LED Mirror Battery Operated x5 Magnified 38cmx20cm

2.0 out of 5 stars No good, 22 Jan 2012
I have returned this because the light it produces doesn't fall on your face to be able to see any better than you would in a normal mirror. The 5X magnification isn't enough to make a lot of difference either. Its a nice qulity thing but really doesn't do what it says it does.

Page: 1 | 2