Profile for bookwormsu > Reviews

Content by bookwormsu
Top Reviewer Ranking: 821

bookwormsu "thrifty" (Somerset UK)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17

5.0 out of 5 stars Superduper, 23 Mar. 2012
Samsung Series 3 300V5A 15.6 inch Laptop - Pink (Intel Pentium B950 2.1GHz, 4Gb, 500Gb, DVD-SM DL, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit) Excellent machine for what I wanted. It had a supplied Recovery Disc - this is rare but very useful. Anti Reflective Non Gloss screen- again rare but I don't want it for HD films I want it for documents, emails, research,photographs. Don't want a glossy screen. Attractive keyboard to look at and use.....keys pleasantly click in to place. Lucid instructions, easy to set up. Matt white surface pleasant. I would have liked all white but I like pink. It is a dark pink.Anything except that horrible silver and black computers usually come in. The pink is metallic and is behind the keyboard which helps in making the keys stand out. Not sure about the widely spaced island keys but expect will get used to it. All in all a good buy. Stunning build quality- beware the screen only tips back a certain amount, a safety feature no doubt. The hinge is not as solid as on my netbook. I would not pack it away and unpack it and carry it about too much. But as a home computer needing to be transported somethimes, it is really good. Oh - it is fast. VERY happy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Food storage, 18 Mar. 2012
Lock & Lock Stackable Airtight Container Round 700ml

At last somewhere to put my pearl barley. I have ordered 3 more of these as they went down in price. I am sure I will use them for things I need to store. What jumps to mind is the other half of a tin of baked beans, when you have eaten the first half (for singletons). I have just discovered Lock and Lock and bought up a lot. They revolutionize my kitchen. I have given it 4 stars not five because the round ones don't clip together quite as efficiently as the square or rectangular ones, but that is not the fault of Lock and Lock, it is the nature of using a round container.

Lock & Lock Stackable Airtight Container Square 600ml
Offered by SmartKitchen Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal sandwich, 17 Mar. 2012
Lock & Lock Stackable Airtight Container Square 600ml

Ideal for one sandwich. I got the larger 870 ml size first but that would be OK for two sandwiches. If you only have one sandwich you do not want too big a box as it will roll around and get battered. This is a marvellous little box and will go with me on many days out. Just discovered Lock & Lock and am buying an awful lot of it, it makes my kitchen look so neat and tidy. Using plastic is not very ecological but as they will last for years , according to reviews, I think it is OK. Because it will be better to have one plastic container lasting say 5 years than two tin ones (or cheaper plastic) which last half the time and increase our landfill. One has to think of these things.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite square, 17 Mar. 2012
Lock & Lock Tall Square "cookie Jar" 4ltr

Unfortunately this item tapers a bit towards the bottom, not much, but enough to make it just too small for my Sainsburys Stoneground sliced bread (800g). I fitted most of it in lengthways and sideways but not as good as if it had been a bit squarer at the bottom. It fitted Hovis Ok, so will depend on your bread. Still pleased with it. I have ordered another one which looks a better size for bread and this one can then revert to its advertised use, a biscuit box. I had thought originally it would be too big for a biscuit box but many economical biscuits are sold in longer packets, so this will accommodate them and be useful. Also large packets of cream crackers. I presume "cookie" is American for "biscuit". Or possibly bird seed.

FeiPad® 10" Quad Core Tablet PC Anroid 4.4 Kitkat HD 1024X600 Multi Touch Screen Dual Camera 1GB RAM, 8GB Storage, Pre-loaded Google Play Store,Wifi

1.0 out of 5 stars Please dont buy this., 27 Feb. 2012
A1CS X220 TABLET 10.2" ANDROID 2.2, WIFI, MIFI, HDMI, 1080P, GPS WITH CAM

Please don't buy this. User instructions unclear. Additional photopied instructions also unclear. Difficulties installing then completely Froze. I am reasonably computer literate and I recognize trouble when I see it. I am returning this (day after I got it) in order save myself much time and travail.

New 10 / 10.2 Inch Black Leather Look Case + USB Keyboard With Free Stylus & Stand Feature For Protection Of Your 10 or
Offered by Time2 Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits the A1CS X220 exactly, 27 Feb. 2012
New 10" / 10.2" Inch Black Leather Look Case + USB Keyboard With Free Stylus & Stand Feature For Protection Of Your 10" or 10.2" Tablet PC ePad aPad Device

This perfectly fits my new Tablet which is called A1CS X220 10 inch (or it might be 10.1
inch).

The usb installed in a flash and the keyboard works fine. Very very pleased.

I do just feel black is a very boring colour and the making of it was done for men really. I think it should be more nicely designed and come in pink/green or even just brown would be nice. But I appreciate market forces dictate the colour black.

Otherwise excellent. No serious issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 21 Dec. 2011
Roberts CRD51P Glowtime DAB/FM RDS Digital Clock Radio - Pink

This is a really beautiful little clock radio. It is very simlar to the "Dreamtime" which is it's successor. There are two functional differences- there is no usb socket, but I can live with that and you can set the volume for the alarm, which I like better. The "Dreamtime" has a crescendo alarm which you cannot alter. I like the "Dreamtime" but the blue display is not to my liking, and in any case the one I bought was faulty so had to return it. Although this one has a blue display because of the pink surround it looks more violet which I like. The layout of the buttons and the shape of the clock radio are different but the functions seem to be the same. The dimmer does not dim as much as the Dreamtime, there is little difference between the settings, but you can turn the display off completely (bliss) . There is still only a 24 hour clock, no option for the 12 hour but I dont mind this. You have an alarm choice of "weekdays only" "daily" and other choices which is lovely. I did find it easy to operate and the sound is clear. The letters on the RDS display are easy to read. The display is sloping rather than horizontal but I am not sure that will make a lot of difference, possibly vertical is a bit easier to read while you are lying down in bed. I love this radio and its pink. LATER I have found that when you wake in the morning the display has defaulted to the name of the station. It is a bit fiddly to find the time. However as I am retired I don't mind this, but if you are still working it might annoy you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant but this item faulty, 17 Dec. 2011
Roberts Radios Dreamtime Digital Clock Radio with Dual Alarm - White

This is a brilliant radio. I am sorry to say this particular one was faulty so will have to return. The display light can be set to four levels, one of them is blissfully completely off. However on this particular item when the dimmer is on the middle two levels there is a loud buzzing/humming. This is clearly faulty. It is not on all radios because I have a white one from another shop which is fine. Also I have a black one (from yet another shop) which has exactly the same problem. So it is pure chance if you get one which is faulty or not, it does not seem to be one particular colour or shop.

Having said all that this is a lovely quality radio, easy to set and change channels and clear tone. It's a clear display and the buttons are easy to find and manage from a prone position in bed. Two small things - you can only have 24 hour clock, but I dont really mind that- is easier when setting radio.....and the alarm is one which starts off soft and then gets gradually louder to about level 20. You cant change this, though you can choose which channel you wake up to. But these are small things. I would have given it five stars but have deducted one star for the fault.

C3300 Libre Mobile Phone - Black
C3300 Libre Mobile Phone - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 10 Nov. 2011
Samsung GT C3300 - Mobile phone - GSM - touch - deep black
This is much better than the only review on this phone suggests. I write to say especially that you CAN connect to the Kies software because I have just done it, and have seen my photos on the PC. I havent downloaded them to PC yet but obviously it can be done. Sometimes these processes need to be done a few times to get it successful. I ampleased with this phone. It has a good radio which you can listen to without headphones. The camera is OK and easier to access than my current Nokia flip phone. Its fun and should suit children and OAPs which I am because it is not really dificult if you persist. Writing messages is good as there is a large screen and the numbers are large. On the whole , pretty good.

Master Class Non-Stick 35cm Baking Tray
Master Class Non-Stick 35cm Baking Tray

2.0 out of 5 stars Bends, 31 Oct. 2011
Kitchen Craft Master Class Non - Stick Bake Pan 35cm x 25cm

Sadly this item bends at 210 degrees. I am surprised because of the other reviews. I am returning it because it is not cheap and should not bend. But I have another Masterclass small baking tray which is fine....must just be this batch.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17