Profile for A. shustarich > Reviews

Five Days
Five Days
by Douglas Kennedy

3.0 out of 5 stars not as good as the other books, 28 April 2013
This review is from: Five Days (Paperback)
I just could not get into the people in this book-- and it was a bit of a disappointment as I had been looking forward to reading it. its a Kennedy book -- but just not up to usual standards.

Second Time Around
Second Time Around
by Erin Kaye
Price: 5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars its an ok book, 28 April 2013
This review is from: Second Time Around (Paperback)
I liked it-- it was NOT the best book--but I had a good few hours reading it. pleasant, nice, etc. come to mind.

A Week in Winter
A Week in Winter
by Maeve Binchy
Price: 15.19

4.0 out of 5 stars as usual, 28 Nov 2012
This review is from: A Week in Winter (Hardcover)
we will miss her... the books she has written are all warm , happy books. I will keep this one and read it again some day

The Adventuress
The Adventuress
by Nicholas Coleridge
Price: 13.29

3.0 out of 5 stars high expectations, 28 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Adventuress (Hardcover)
Its a decent read of course--he is a good author but it lacks the depth and clever plot from previous books which I really enjoyed.

The Sea Garden
The Sea Garden
by Marcia Willett
Price: 11.89

3.0 out of 5 stars its an ok book, 28 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Sea Garden (Hardcover)
I don't think this is the authors best effort but it is an ok book--- I won't be keeping it on the shelf for a second read....

The Beauty Chorus
The Beauty Chorus
by Kate Lord Brown
Price: 14.98

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyed this read, 20 May 2011
This review is from: The Beauty Chorus (Hardcover)
I was eager to read this story as I think I have read about 99% of all books on the war... the rich girl is a good one, but there are some weaknesses building her story-- but not enough to make this bad-- and I read it all with pleasure -- I can't believe women ( me included) used to let men get away with being pigs but we did. TG things have changed. all in all, this was a really pleasant book-- only the last few pages --yes, the last few-- are a bit of a stretch..and I wish it had a different ending... just a bit too pat and , well, I don't want to give it away so read it and decide for yourself.

The Summer Without Men
The Summer Without Men
by Siri Hustvedt
Price: 12.86

2.0 out of 5 stars does not get my attention or my love, 20 May 2011
This review is from: The Summer Without Men (Hardcover)
I am sorry-- I just can't enjoy this book--hard to pick up to read and easy to put down -- do not love the characters and can't figure out the reason. I did ( almost)love the 5 old ladies, but this author gave them a bit of salt but no pepper ( spice). I am sure this author is popular, but this book does not show me why.