Profile for Hoppy > Reviews

Hoppy

Philips SBC BA250 Mini Speakers
Philips SBC BA250 Mini Speakers

5.0 out of 5 stars A sad loss, 22 Mar 2014
I have hade this set for a long time. Battery operated or mains. For there value they were and still are outstanding. I have used them for TV, Computer, Mobile phone mp3, and just the amp for headphones, he he he. I'm to old to worry about ear damage. Irresponsible I know, the 70s &80s took care of that. I use the amp on battery a lot. The quality of sound when using the amp through the head phones is awesome. Any reasonable headphone would benefit from these, but we wont see them again. My obituary to these mini speakers - Pardon, what, cant hear you.

Total War Rome II (PC DVD)
Total War Rome II (PC DVD)
Offered by Shop4World

5.0 out of 5 stars DONT BE PUT OFF, 25 Feb 2014
I like this game. I own and play the other games, Medieval War and the Rome series. I've had no issues playing it, I purchased it this year (not from Amazon) and it runs well. For those that haven't owned the older games an online account with Steam is required (all explained when you get the game) and at times you'll get updates from them. I found that I needed to give this game a chance and get used to the differences in the new version with regards to the management style of the towns etc., and the other aspects where there are subtle changes. The differences compared with the old game need to be understood , then it will open up to you and become enjoyable. You have to pay more attention to what you build, unlike the older version, otherwise the public order and food production become unbalanced and you suffer the consequences, rebellion and/or attrition. Also slums can appear if you are a poor manager. I like the graphics, they are a lot more interesting than the older games, (which I still enjoy). You have a lot of options that will enable you to change various settings to get the most out of your PC, so the game runs well. On the battle field you can be in direct control of up to 40 units (20 in the old). The game card displaying the units for the battle can be a bit cramped, but you get used to it. I find it more interesting now when capturing/and defending the larger towns and cities. There are capture points that need to be taken/ or defended so a different tactical approach is required than in the old Rome game. Fighting sea battles has added to the enjoyment. Again more attention is needed to ensure you develop your craft so that you wont get sunk by the unexpected!

I believe a lot of people were unhappy with the game at first, possibly because of various glitches that required updates. Also maybe because it differed from the original in certain aspects. All I can say is I have had less problems with this game than the earlier ones. I enjoy it, give it a try.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars My left boot, 5 Jan 2014
I have had my pair for about one month. To wear them in I've only worn them whilst walking the dog, 3-4 miles daily, easy terrain but at times very, very wet. Each boot lets water in on the outside edge in the area of the little toe. The right boot is comfortable, the left is a PAIN. A nasty ridge formed very quickly, that presses down on the base of my big toe, and it is clear the ridge is here to stay. Feeling inside the boot the lump caused by the ridge can easily be felt. On close inspection of each boot, they are not 'uniformly made'. In places the cut of the fabrics is different, as with the spacing of the bottom eyelets. (I should of looked closer on purchase). I believe that these differences may be the reason one boot is comfortable and the other is not. The boots are light. I like the design of the sole which gives good grip in the mud. As to durability obviously I've not had them long enough, nor will I. They are going in the bin. Please note I did not get them from Amazon.

Jewelco London Sterling Silver 6mm Gauge solid Rope Chain Rope Chain - 18 inch
Jewelco London Sterling Silver 6mm Gauge solid Rope Chain Rope Chain - 18 inch
Offered by Jewelco London

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 19 Dec 2013
Buying jewellery if you have not actually held or properly seen it I find is off putting. Needn't of worried with this. Perfect. Nice weight, looked good, felt well made. It was a gift that someone always wanted, and they defiantly were not disappointed. Result.

Seiko Mens 200m "Black Monster" Divers With Steel Bracelet SKX779K
Seiko Mens 200m "Black Monster" Divers With Steel Bracelet SKX779K

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this watch, 19 Dec 2013
Had watch for about nine months. Used it in salt water once or twice every week for six of those months, not below depths of three metres (I'm not a diver). Also used in outdoor swimming pool. (Never in the shower, I believe hot water and watches don't mix). I love this watch. Its solid, chunky, feels strong and of some substance in the hand. The design of the bezel is very good- the black markings on it have not worn due to its shape and the fact that they are indented. The bezels engineering is good and precise, a nice clear click when turned (its important to wash the watch after wearing in salt water, as with any watch. When it dries, if left unwashed for several uses, the salt that remains may sometimes clogs the bezel making it stiff to turn. I also give it a drop of a synthetic lube once or twice a year). The luminosity of the digits on the face is perfect for me. Very bright at night, and easy to see. The day, date and time are easy to alter with the screw cap thingy (sorry, cant remember its correct name at this time). The strap is strong, and easy to alter to wear over a wet suit or dry suit cuff. Regarding taking out strap links for fitting, to be honest, its easy. View how to do it on U tube. The glass at this time is un marked. I do look after the watch, but its been well tested - beaches, kayaking, fishing, swimming, snorkelling, coasteering, rained on, been dropped (more than once), oh, It also tells you the time very well. If you want a light dress watch, don't get it. If you like strong good looking chunky watch with the features this has then this is well worth considering.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 18 Dec 2012
Item arrived very quickly and was well packed. In short the item did not improve reception at all, no matter what adjustments I made to radio or antenna. It has been sent back for a refund.

York Fitness 15kg Chrome Dumbbell Set and Case
York Fitness 15kg Chrome Dumbbell Set and Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Item, 24 Jan 2012
I have the 15kg and 20kg chrome sets. The locks are good. The weights are clean, no rust, and my grips do not smell. Ive used the items for nine months. Recomend the item, good quality.

Garmin GPS 72, International Marine Point Database
Garmin GPS 72, International Marine Point Database

5.0 out of 5 stars A reliable friend, 17 Aug 2011
Ive had this GPS for a long time. Its been rained on and immersed in solid lumps of salt water countless times. It floats, thankfully. It has good battery life, even with the light on all the time. 24hrs. appx with out light, dont know how long with, 4hrs. at night in kayak is enough. The backlight is green and the unit is easy to read when on. It connects well with memory map on PC. Transfers data to and fro easily (the PC being the command module). Inputting marks from any map or chart is simple. It has an instant Mark button (man over board button), anchor drag alarm, various screens, some you can customise to display what info you want from the opptions the device gives you. It has a large screen, I need glasses, this screen I can use without them. You can get a marine mount for it that works well.

I could go on. This is a reliable piece of kit that has never let me down. The fact that you can still get it after all these years suggests its reliability. If you dont need a GPS with maps, this is well worth the money. When I die Im taking it with me, I just hope I have the right mark!