Profile for Mr Simon Loughran > Reviews

Content by Mr Simon Loughran

Mr Simon Loughran (London, United Kingdom)

Eric Meyer on CSS (Voices (New Riders))
Eric Meyer on CSS (Voices (New Riders))
by Eric Meyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Making CSS easy, 5 Oct. 2002
Eric Meyer is a genius. Not only is he an expert in the field of CSS, but he is also graced with the ability to explain the subject so that anyone can understand it.
The book seems a bit pricey, and I was reluctant to part with my money, but having read it I can say it was worth every penny. Topics that used to have me banging my head on the keyboard now seem simple.
Unlike many CSS authors, Meyer doesn't take the "get rid of table layouts for good" approach. He obviously lives in the real world of web design and fully appreciates the constraints sometimes imposed by clients.

Perl and CGI for the World Wide Web: Visual QuickStart Guide (Visual QuickStart Guides)
by Elizabeth Castro

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Book, 13 Sept. 2002
This book is brilliant. Before buying it I had some programming experience with C++ and Java. Because of this I was able to work through the entire book in three days, and am now creating some pretty cool programs for my web site.
This book would also be ideal for a beginner who has never programmed before, as everything is introduced step by step and made as clear as possible.
If you want to learn CGI/Perl or need a reference source this book is a must buy.