Profile for Jonathan Jones > Reviews

Content by Jonathan Jones

Jonathan Jones "J.Jones" (Portsmouth, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Sony PS4 Gamer Pack (PS4)
Sony PS4 Gamer Pack (PS4)
Offered by Variety Traders

4.0 out of 5 stars Missing Controller, but thank you Amazon!, 29 Nov 2013
The Killzone Mega bundle comes with two controllers, however where the packaging should have had two in box, it mine had one & the cables in it. Thankfully Amazon is resolving it.

If you have a missing part, don't be afraid to call Amazon, but do so in calm & understanding way, more help that way & Amazon is not responsible for the packaging of the contents of the PS4 box. While it sucks & is frustrating to have a part missing, it does happen, with so many consoles being manufactured & packaged, it’s going to happen (not that it is acceptable).

I would suggest contacting Sony also, informing them of the matter, in the same calm manner. I have often found in the past that this approach has resulted in some form of compensation, although with something as expensive as the PS4, I'm not so sure, but hopefully a PlayStation Plus free month subscription or along those lines. Here's PlayStation Contact us page; [...] I would edit my review later when Sony responds and when I have played my console, so the rating may not stick.

ALM Lawn Mower Plastic Blades Micro Lite
ALM Lawn Mower Plastic Blades Micro Lite

5.0 out of 5 stars Blades where fine, but invest in a more expensive mower, 29 Aug 2013
The blades are fine, but I would only recommend a lawn mower with replaceable blades for a well kept, flat lawn, otherwise you'll find yourself repeating this purchase, where it would be infact better to spend more money initially on a mower with a steel blade.

DVI-D 25P MALE TO VGA FEMALE 15P CONVERTER ADAPTER HDTV - PART OF THE CONSUMER STORE® ACCESSORIES RANGE
Offered by Consumer Store UK Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what is needed, 29 Aug 2013
Quick delivery, the product works fine, A no worries purchase. I can't really add more except the 18 word min limit is not suitable for simple products like this.

WD My Passport 1TB Portable Hard Drive - Black
WD My Passport 1TB Portable Hard Drive - Black
Offered by Digital Components Ltd (dclstore)

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 29 Aug 2013
Compatible with TVs, can be used for smart tv dvr and can also stream video files that you've put on there, depending if your tv supports it.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars 1st One faulty, 2nd one still working after 2 months., 18 Jun 2013
It would not install through the typical installation, nor could I manually install, here producing the the error code 43. This both on Vista 32-bit and Windows 7 64-bit. I consider myself a wise buyer and normally manage to avoid products that don't work. I recommend an dongle instead of wireless network card you can plug into your pc motherboard.

I have sent an email to TP-link, I am awaiting their reply.

Update:

I had a replacement sent through Amazon, after the manufactured advised me to so, I arrived before I sent the faulty one, this one did work and is still working perfectly fine after 2 months.

Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5 inch SATA Solid State Drive
Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5 inch SATA Solid State Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Saves you time on big data transfer, 13 Jun 2013
What I do requires data GBs in size to be transferred/copied at a time, I have usb 3.0, but the bottleneck what always my disk drive. This makes not only transfers much faster, but installing software and general performance faster, furthermore it boosts system startup and resuming from sleep, note for those who don't know, this requires the drive to be the boot drive, on which the os is installed.

StarTech 6 inch Micro USB Cable - A to Micro B
StarTech 6 inch Micro USB Cable - A to Micro B

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 13 Jun 2013
Being as small as it is, its only ideal for charging your device and you are quite restricted if you want to use your device while charging. Data transfer is works. It is what you pay for. For those wanting to use their device while connected, get a longer cable.

Case Logic Compact Zoom Nylon Bag with EVA protection and Hammock for SLR Camera - Black
Offered by DiscountDiscs

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems, good quality., 13 Jun 2013
WIth this I can store by Nikon D90 with 18-105mm lens and it is safe from breaking, for camera buffs, it can be all too easy to break the plastic on the lens that locks into the lens mount.

Ex-Pro iPod USB Retractable Cable Lead 0.8m - Suitable for Apple , iPhone, i Phone, iTouch, iPad, iPod, i pod, iPod Mini, iPod Video, iPod shuffle, iPod with Dock Connector, iPod Clickwheel and iPod Colour screen, ipod Color, iPod U2, i Touch, Classic, iPod Nano (2nd/3rd Generation). Connect your iPod with ease.
Offered by ExpressPro

2.0 out of 5 stars Suffers dirsuption to signal, and the product description & image has changed, Update. 29/08/13. Changed back, 13 Jun 2013
When I bought 'this', it was just a ipod/iphone cable, no ability to retract. In regards to what I received, you get what you pay for, I gave this cable to my brother to use and after several weeks, the connection can be disrupted just by moving it too much. I would suggest paying the few extra pounds to get something higher quality. I bought this because the official apple cable is so expensive, almost extortionate, but has a greater guarantee.

Update. Product description and image have reverted, still however would not recommend.

5m Mini HDMI to Standard HDMI - Black
5m Mini HDMI to Standard HDMI - Black
Offered by World of Data Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars It works as it should, 13 Jun 2013
For anyone buying a HDMI cable of any kind, the build quality has next no impact on the signal quality, as it is digital. For the average user, this cable is perfectly good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3