Profile for Mr. David Mason > Reviews

Content by Mr. David Mason

Mr. David Mason "Searby" (Sussex, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
The World Walker
The World Walker

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent first novel, 21 May 2016
This review is from: The World Walker (Kindle Edition)
I very much enjoyed this book that used established themes and character types but told a fresh new story. I hope for a sequel.

Galveston
Galveston

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, good, 17 May 2016
This review is from: Galveston (Kindle Edition)
It's a good story, well written. You can see where 'True Detective' came from. It capture the gritty underlife of living outside the law, of victims and predators and how these roles can reverse.

True Detective: Season 2
True Detective: Season 2
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 13 May 2016
Very dark but somehow beautiful too. Great acting, especially Vince Vaughan and Colin Farrell. Music strong and photography excellent.

War Torn: Stories of War from the Women Reporters Who Covered Vietnam
War Torn: Stories of War from the Women Reporters Who Covered Vietnam

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential addition, 28 Mar. 2016
A good read, well edited and adds significantly to the body of work on Vietnam. I would see this as an essential addition to anyone's reading list who wanted to try and understand what happened there.

The Humans
The Humans

5.0 out of 5 stars A book with a difference, 24 Mar. 2016
This review is from: The Humans (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book. Skilfully written and explores an idea fully and satisfyingly. It also tentatively suggest a very real possibility . . . . . .

STM Velo Shoulder Bag for 15 inch Laptop - Black
STM Velo Shoulder Bag for 15 inch Laptop - Black
Offered by Bluefinn

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bag I ever had, 19 Mar. 2016
Best bag I ever had, without doubt. I am into bags and get a new one two or three times a year but I won't be replacing this one. It is is very well made with zips and pockets in all the right places, a very good handle and strap. I am contemplating getting another one now and putting it in the clipboard for when this one breaks.

All the Birds in the Sky
All the Birds in the Sky

5.0 out of 5 stars Different and intriguing, 6 Mar. 2016
I liked this a lot. It builds some basic concepts about magic and science and then mixes them up in a most interesting way. Recommended.

Planetfall
Planetfall

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, 29 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Planetfall (Kindle Edition)
This is well written and unfolds beautifully. Surprises come and the characters are all too human but the book also seems to suggest – can you be TOO human?

The Watchmaker of Filigree Street
The Watchmaker of Filigree Street

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and puzzling, 21 Jan. 2016
I really liked this book and was hooked from page 1. The characters are well drawn and the story intriguing. I am pleased to realise that I am going to have to read it again as I did not fully understand all that unfolded.

The Flicker Men
The Flicker Men

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite exciting, 29 Dec. 2015
This review is from: The Flicker Men (Kindle Edition)
I found this book very interesting indeed, though I did not understand all the science. The ending was cryptic but I feel relatively happy with my guess. I would recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7