Profile for Mr. David Mason > Reviews

Content by Mr. David Mason

Mr. David Mason "Searby" (Sussex, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
The Ocean at the End of the Lane
The Ocean at the End of the Lane

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Jun. 2015
I loved this story. It is at once new and yet steeped in things that seem as old as the hills. It's like you are remembering it rather than reading it. Well done indeed Mr Gaiman.

A Dangerous Method
A Dangerous Method

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent drama, 7 Jun. 2015
This review is from: A Dangerous Method (Amazon Video)
Very wll done, very wells fed with good attentions to detail.

The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August
The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August

5.0 out of 5 stars Something new, 23 May 2015
This is a well written book that kept me quite captivated but best of all, it contains things I have not read before. The title tells you it is a story of multiple lives but intriguingly this is a new development on standard reincarnation tales. It also raises challenging moral dilemmas. Well done the author!

Lie to Me - Season 1
Lie to Me - Season 1
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars ... off chance and was lucky - this is very good indeed. Now I am a Tim Roth fan ..., 6 May 2015
Bought the series on an off chance and was lucky - this is very good indeed. Now I am a Tim Roth fan but even so, I was very pleased to see this is well written, intelligent, clever and well acted by all.

The Girl With All The Gifts
The Girl With All The Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Very moving, 4 May 2015
This book really go to me. It is very well written and I got quite caught up in it. It has themes I would not usually be drawn to but this story carried me away. Emotionally demanding it has a surprise ending I did not see coming.

Breakfast of Champions
Breakfast of Champions

5.0 out of 5 stars an amazing book, 28 Mar. 2015
I must admit, I am a Kurt Vonnegut fan, so this will be biased - but this is his best book imo. KV has this ability to convey all the horrible things people do to each other and yet still have his intrinsic compassion shine through. This book unfolds at a consistent pace and just carries you along. I have read quite a few books in the last fifty five years and there is not another book quite like this one. I wonder what you will make of it . . . . . . .

Anker Astro E1 5200mAh Ultra Compact Portable Charger  External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Nexus, HTC and More (Black)
Anker Astro E1 5200mAh Ultra Compact Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Nexus, HTC and More (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, 25 Mar. 2015
Works fine, easy to use and elegant in appearance. Once full, it will charge my iPhone4 twice and my iPad up to 40%

Something Coming Through
Something Coming Through

5.0 out of 5 stars another good read from Mr McAuley, 10 Mar. 2015
Paul McAuley is one of my favourite authors so I am biased but this is such a good read. It has some interesting new approaches to 'contact' and the all-too-human reaction to it that feels 'realistic'.

Firefly - Season 1
Firefly - Season 1

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best series ever on TV, 16 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Firefly - Season 1 (Amazon Video)
One of the best series ever on TV. The stories are ok but the real magic is the relationships between the crew of the Firefly. Heartwarming! So sad there was no 2nd series but these 14 episodes do stand alone ok.

Permutation City
Permutation City

5.0 out of 5 stars much food for thought, 12 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Permutation City (Kindle Edition)
Much food for thought and exciting too. This is a book I come back to every few years and enjoy reading again. The ideas in it are as current as when I first read it. What happens if we can re-program ourselves? What happens if we can re-program reality?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7