Profile for Mr. David Mason > Reviews

Content by Mr. David Mason

Mr. David Mason "Searby" (Sussex, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia series)
The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia series)

5.0 out of 5 stars breaking new ground, 2 April 2014
I was very impressed by this book, it took me to new places. It was not so much some of the tech involved, metaverses, nanotechnology, VR and AR but what these will bring in changes to how people live and even what it means to be human. The story, plot and characters are all engrossing though there is probably room for the author to draw the characters in more depth. I am looking forward to the sequel

Confluence - The Trilogy: Child of the River, Ancients of Days, Shrine of Stars
Confluence - The Trilogy: Child of the River, Ancients of Days, Shrine of Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant, 8 Mar 2014
I love this trilogy and have been waiting years for it to be on Kindle. It is a complex story that works on many levels. Seen one way, it is a fantasy style but soon opens up in to a fascinating technological adventure. The rich descriptions of the arc world Confluence capture your attention evoking strong images but always adding to the story, never detracting.

Natural History
Natural History
by Justina Robson

5.0 out of 5 stars A gem, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Natural History (Paperback)
This is one of the best sci fi books I have ever read and it is a shame it is not available in kindle. I am am drawn to the whole topic of machines that are conscious and what kind of consciousness that might be. This book gives a real flavour of how things may be very different when we have machines that can think for themselves. This book delights the mind

TG Cases® New Apple iPad 4, iPad 3 & iPad 2 Premium Folio Black PU Leather Case / Cover / Wallet and Flip Stand With Built-in Magnet For Sleep / Wake Feature + 2 Included Screen Protectors for New Apple iPad 4th Generation (With Retina Display), iPad 3 & iPad 2 - Black.
Offered by Tech-Cessory Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine and much cheaper, 7 Feb 2014
I am very pleased with this case. Others have noted how the flap folding function is not as good as the Apple case which is probably true but seems a very minor drawback overall when there is a huge cost saving. It has performed very well in many different situations and I will be buying another one of these when it needs replacement.

HMDX HX-P205GY RAVE Wireless Rechargeable Portable Speaker - Grey
HMDX HX-P205GY RAVE Wireless Rechargeable Portable Speaker - Grey
Offered by SmartgearUKLtd

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 29 Jan 2014
I first bought a blue Jammy byt the same company but had to send it back as the battery only gave 20 minutes life. I bought this Rave hoping for better and it does have a longer battery life but no where near the 4 hours predicted. I was very careful in testing it and it produces about 2 and half hours. It looks good and the sound is ok for its small size. I would prefer more base but I think you have to pay much more to get that.

The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful book - many depths, 29 Jan 2014
This is my 2nd time around. I read it first when it was just published and was very impressed then. Now I am even more impressed. This is a complicated book of many levels, containing within it, many other stories. You gain insight to different generations in Japan, form those caught up in WW2 to a modern generation, many of whom are struggling to find meaning. That is what the book is ultimately about it seems. There are aspects that deal with the supernatural but that is not offered as explanation rather as one more location the characters move in searching for reasons. For those who like labels, this is indeed an existential foray that stands up with all the famous western tomes but I believe it has even deeper levels than that.

A Tale for the Time Being
A Tale for the Time Being

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, 8 Jan 2014
A rich deep and so very interesting read. Unsettling in some ways, which is, as it should be. Anyone who has pondered what life is about will feel will drawn to this tale

Night of Cake and Puppets (a Daughter of Smoke and Bone novella)
Night of Cake and Puppets (a Daughter of Smoke and Bone novella)

5.0 out of 5 stars me, read a love story? . . . . . well, yes, 12 Dec 2013
me, read a love story? . . . . . well, yes. And I was most pleasantly surprised. Not totally surprised because I very much like Ms Taylor's Smoke and Bone trilogy but surprised because I never read love stories. This was captivating . I was helped into it because I already like the characters (as they are from Smoke and Bone etc) but even so, I found myself sinking in to a fine novella . . . . Wise and witty and sensual and full of what matters the most . . . . feelings.

Days of Blood and Starlight: Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy: Book Two
Days of Blood and Starlight: Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy: Book Two

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful worlds, 7 Dec 2013
Great sequel, taking the story to new depths and ends so well, pointing to the last in the trilogy. Like all great books, the people and worlds created are completely convincing, you care so much about the characters. The magic is earthy and grim whilst also captivating

Caliban's War: Book Two of the Expanse series
Caliban's War: Book Two of the Expanse series

5.0 out of 5 stars the Expanse trilogy is very good, 12 Sep 2013
I was surprised. I was not expecting this trilogy to be as good as it is. It is the characters make it. Complex but so human ; you find yourself warming to them more and more. I liked the characters so much I almost did not notice what and interesting and inventive story this is !

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4