Profile for James Riker > Reviews

Exam Ref 70-486: Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
Exam Ref 70-486: Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
by William Penberthy
Price: 16.26

4.0 out of 5 stars A good book that really gets you thinking about how to apply the things you learn, 13 Jan 2014
My company bought this book to assist me in completing the Microsoft 70-486 exam. I had already completed the Pluralsight online tutorials for MVC so this book was really to get me prepared for the exam as although the exam states it is MVC, in reality only 50% is on MVC. The rest is on configuration, Azure, etc.
There is not a lot of code in this book, so you need to do quite a bit of supplementary research on how to do a few things. I found the questions at the end of each section really helpful as it challenged what you learned and how to apply it in the real world. This proved invaluable for questions in the test.
I scored quite highly in the exam and I think it is related to going through this book constantly until you can answer all the summary questions with confidence and playing around with MVC. I will be getting the next book in the series to help with the next exam!

Good luck to all you test takers!

The High Lord: The Black Magician Trilogy Book Three
The High Lord: The Black Magician Trilogy Book Three
by Trudi Canavan

5.0 out of 5 stars Man that was good!!!, 2 Sep 2006
I don't usually bother writing reviews, but for this book, and the entire series, I just had to! This series was hard for me to put down, the characters lives were fully engaging and the story was extremely exciting! I fully recommend this book and the series.