Profile for Miss Harvey > Reviews

Content by Miss Harvey

Miss Harvey "Spud the Cat" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Runner, Runner [DVD]
Runner, Runner [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ben Affleck

4.0 out of 5 stars If you liked 'Limitless' and 'In Time' then you'll like this!, 15 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Runner, Runner [DVD] (DVD)
I saw the reviews on here and I felt that they were a little harsh. Ok, it isn't the best film out there but it is certainly an enjoyable movie.

Justin Timberlake is becoming a serious hollywood actor. I have to say that I have enjoyed every film that he has been in and that was one of the reasons that we decided to watch this film. Also, I was certain that I wasn't a Ben Affleck fan however, on watching this I am happy to say that he has completely won me over. He is excellent alongside Justin!

The film centres around a student at Princeton Richie (Timberlake) who decides to gamble his entire wealth in order to earn the money that he needs to stay at Princeton. After losing all his money he delves into the gambling world and realises that he has been conned. He sets off to meet Ivan Block (Affleck) and confront him about his gambling websites. Brock is taken aback by his courage and determination and offers him a job with a six figure pay check! Lets just say that the dream job isn't quite the dream job he thought it would be.

A great appearance and role for the supporting actress Gemma Arterton (Quantum of Solace, Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters) whom plays Richies love interest and Brocks long term friend.

All in all this is a great film to watch, I just wish it had a little more depth to the film!

Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow [Blu-ray] [2014] [Region Free]
Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow [Blu-ray] [2014] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Tom Cruise

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just another alien, sci fi flick but a truly great movie!, 14 Jun. 2014
When I saw the trailer for this film I have to admit that I wasn't too impressed. I thought that this would be a mediocre film at best but that it would be easy watching. I am glad to say that I was wrong. The teaming up of Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt is pure genius.

The film centres around William Cage (Tom Cruise) who through a series of events ends up being forced in to battle and gets stuck living the same day over and over. He is helped along by Emily Blunts character Rita who is a trained and decorated soldier. Earth is being attacked by alien mechanical looking creatures called mimics. Together William and Rita team up to try and conquer these creatures and save Earth. Unable to turn to their superiors for help they struggle to survive and William is constantly 'resetting' the day!

I won't say anymore about the story line except the acting, writing and directing of this film is top grade! If you are a Tom Cruise fan then you will love this film. It has a charm to it and the chemistry between Tom and Emily is captivating! Although this isn't a romantic comedy there are elements in their and this only adds to the depth and dimensions of this film.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love Milka and if you love Oreos then this will blow your mind!, 8 Jun. 2014
Ok I am a MASSIVE fan or Milka chocolate as far as I am concerned it sets the standard for all chocolates. Then when you combine this with the delicious and addictive Oreo biscuits then it becomes this seductive, silky chocolate heaven! My favourite part of this bundle was the Milka Oreo Easter Eggs. They are so small but WOW they might be the best chocolate treat since Cadburys Creme Eggs!

Buy, Eat and Enjoy!

Ivory Cream Roses Flowers Hair Garland Elasticated Scrunchie
Ivory Cream Roses Flowers Hair Garland Elasticated Scrunchie

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Hair Garland For A Wedding or Special Occasion!, 8 Jun. 2014
This is a beautiful hair piece for any occasion. It looks great around a low bun and would make any bride or bridesmaid look like a fairy princess. I have seen similar items but this one is the best.

Bad Neighbours [DVD]
Bad Neighbours [DVD]
Dvd ~ Seth Rogen

5.0 out of 5 stars Rogen, Efron and Franco at their best!, 8 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Bad Neighbours [DVD] (DVD)
I can't believe what I have been reading with some of the other reviews! Please Please do not be put off watching this film! Yeah sure it isn't a tarantino master piece or a Ridley Scott epic but this film is exactly what you should expect it to be. A fun filled film that shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Seth Rogen has become a household name and well known for his ability to make everyone in the world laugh with one or two words. Accompanied by the well built and often shirtless Zac Efron this film makes for good viewing and manages to keep your attention throughout.

Rose Byrne is great in this too. I have seen this aussie in a couple of other films recently mainly the internship and I have to say that she is a great actress. She compliments Seth Rogen in this film.

If you like easy to watch comedies then you will like this :)

Game of Thrones: Season 1-3 [DVD] [2014]
Game of Thrones: Season 1-3 [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Peter Dinklage
Offered by VEXTREX1978

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than 24, Lost, Prison Break and Breaking Bad put together!, 8 Jun. 2014
Ok I don't want to over sell this show but it is quite simply:
THE BEST SHOW EVER MADE! EVER! EVER!

If you like lord of the rings, 24 or any box set ever then this show will blow your mind. To be honest the only reason that me and my boyfriend started to watch this show was because Sean Bean was in it and we have been massive Sean Bean fans since sharpe. So we decided to watch it. We were not disappointed!

The show centres around the many different families and kings of Westeros and the battle for the iron throne. This show has been cast so well with actors such as Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (to name but a few) shining through and really cementing themselves as some of the best actors of this century!

You can not help but fall in love with this show. You may find that it eats up your days as you try and resist watching a whole season in one day. You'll find that your mind is filled with sword fights and quests and that you start dreaming of white walkers and dragons.

If you want to buy one box set this year this is it. You won't regret it! You will love it!

22 Jump Street [DVD] [2014]
22 Jump Street [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Channing Tatum

5.0 out of 5 stars Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum at their best!, 8 Jun. 2014
This review is from: 22 Jump Street [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
If you liked the first Jump Street then you will love this version! We went to see this at the cinema when it was released and everyone in the audience was literally laughing out loud!

Taking off from where 21 Jump Street Left. This movie sees these two 'brothers' head back to college to investigate another drug dealer. As you can imagine it isn't as easy as they thought it would be and lets just say that it involves a frat party, lamborghini, a lot of shooting and some hilarious moments from this classic double act.

I really hope that they continue this series with a third film because this has become my favourite film of 2014 so far!

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Lip Balm with SPF15 4g
Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Lip Balm with SPF15 4g
Offered by FragrancesCosmeticsPerfumes

5.0 out of 5 stars Palmers Perfect Lip Balm, 1 Jun. 2014
Palmers Products are simply the best! They moisturise without leaving a greasy residue and improve the overall look and feel of your lips. This is an essential item for any girls/womans handbag.

SWT Reusable Different Shapes Eyebrow Shaping Stencils Grooming Kit --- 4 Different Sizes: C1 C2 C3 C4
Offered by Well-Goal

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Product Just Not For Me., 1 Jun. 2014
I have always struggled with my eyebrows. They are long curly and thick which isn't the best combination! So I try many different products in the hope that one day I will be able to have the perfect brows of ladies such as Audrey Hepburn!

These stencils arrived quickly but the sizes and shapes were far too big for my face. I don't want my eyebrows taking up my entire forehead after all lol. Also I found that my eyebrows were no where near big enough to fill in the stencil.

NYX HD Foundation - Soft Beige
NYX HD Foundation - Soft Beige
Offered by Beauty Fly

5.0 out of 5 stars HD Ready Skin - AMAZING!, 1 Jun. 2014
I have been searching and searching for a foundation that would make my skin flawless and perfect like all those movie stars we see. Although I haven't found that perfect foundation yet this foundation has come very close.

This foundation isn't too heavy and gives very good coverage. I am not very fair and found that the soft beige was perfect for my skin tone.

Page: 1 | 2