Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Sycamore Row (Jake Brigance Book 2)
Sycamore Row (Jake Brigance Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Standard Grisham, not up with his best, 6 Sept. 2014
The finale is too signed and by the time you get there it is no longer the bombshell that it should have been. However, a quite entertaining read.

I Am Pilgrim
I Am Pilgrim

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK., 6 Sept. 2014
This review is from: I Am Pilgrim (Kindle Edition)
A bit hard to follow the time jumps but a reasonably entertaining read. No doubt frightening and revealing to some who are unaware of world politics.

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1)
A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Glad I saw the TV show first, 21 Jun. 2013
Hugely enjoyable tale with a massive list of characters. Had I not seen the TV show beforehand I doubt that I would have been able to follow the twists & turns of the plot or distinguish who was who. Great vision and compares well with others of the fantasy genre.

Marianne Faithfull: A Woman In Her Own Right
Marianne Faithfull: A Woman In Her Own Right

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheated, 23 Oct. 2012
Don't waste your money on this account of an interview. I have no doubt that Marianne Faithfull is a fascinating woman and that a fabulous book could be written about her life and experiences. This isn't it. It is a very short, repetitive set of words that appear to have been poorly cut out of a longer work which may have a little more substance.

Great title, rubbish apart from that.

I resent the money paid and would feel cheated even if it had been free.

Ginger Baker - Hellraiser: The Autobiography of The World's Greatest Drummer
Ginger Baker - Hellraiser: The Autobiography of The World's Greatest Drummer

1.0 out of 5 stars All smeared gloss. no depth, 23 Oct. 2012
Being an autobiography you would expect the bad bits to be minimised and the good elements to a life story to be prominent. This book however is little more than a succession of diary entries with no background, no real interest nor are any writing skills on show.

Ginger Baker has been one of my musician heroes but the impression I gain from this book is that as a human being he falls well short of what I would have hoped for. If my impressions are true then I have no desire to ever come across him in real life. Very sad.