Profile for Mrs. Kathleen N Harris > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Kathleen ...

Mrs. Kathleen N Harris

Page: 1 | 2
Bobbin Lace Stitches and Techniques - a reference book of the basics
Bobbin Lace Stitches and Techniques - a reference book of the basics
Price: 3.09

5.0 out of 5 stars A useful book., 23 April 2014
I bought this book along with the author's other book - How to make bobbin lace. The two books do overlap in some places but the two together ar so reasonably priced that it is worth having them both.

How to make Bobbin Lace
How to make Bobbin Lace
Price: 5.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 23 April 2014
I am an experienced lacemaker, but I was curious as to how an instruction book on lacemaking would work on my Kindle. I works very well indeed, and I would recommend it to anyone who is starting lacemaking, whether or not they have a tutor. I do not agree with everything in the book, but I would not expect to - there are few hard and fast rules in lacemaking. More importantly, I do not disagree with anything!

The Adventure of English
The Adventure of English
by Melvyn Bragg
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book., 23 April 2014
This is an excellent book for anyone interested in the English language, and in fact language, and particularly how it developed and is linked to other languages. It is not only informative, but is very readable - in fact hard to put down!

Flandrische Spitze / Flanders Lace: Flanders Lace
Flandrische Spitze / Flanders Lace: Flanders Lace
by Barbara Corbet
Price: 26.41

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book., 23 April 2014
I was looking for a book which would help me to work Flanders lace when I was away from my teacher ( who I see only rarely). I have looked at another couple of books but they were not very helpful. This one certainly is. I have not tried the patterns yet, because I am still wotking on a piece of Flanders - but I will certainly do so. They seem to me to be a series of lessons, which, if I work through them, will "fix" Flanders lace in my mind and fingers.

Aidapt Broad Stairs Toilet Frame with Adjustable Height and Width
Aidapt Broad Stairs Toilet Frame with Adjustable Height and Width
Price: 24.89

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent product., 15 Dec 2013
This was an essential purchase for me. I purchased this model because I was happy with the brand's raised toilet seat, previously bought. This product is just as satisfactory.

Aidapt Handy Reacher 32inch
Aidapt Handy Reacher 32inch
Price: 8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent product., 15 Dec 2013
This tool is essential at the moment, but I can foredsee using it in the future, even when I don't actually need to. It was easy to learn to use, and to become proficient.

Aidapt 4 inch Senator Raised Toilet Seat
Aidapt 4 inch Senator Raised Toilet Seat
Price: 15.53

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent product., 15 Dec 2013
This was an essential purchase for me, and I did not know which make to buy. But I am completely satisfified with this one. It arrived promptly, Does the job excellently, and was easy to install.

In fine Style: The Art of Tudor and Stuart Fashion
In fine Style: The Art of Tudor and Stuart Fashion
by Anna Reynolds
Price: 29.25

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have book., 25 Aug 2013
This is a large, beautifully produced and fantastically well illustrated book. It is far more than the catalogue of the 2013 exhibition at Buckiham Palace, which it purports to be. It is a must for anyone interested in the art, costume and especially the lace of this period. It may seem expensive, but is worth every penny.

Running Scared (The Eddie Malloy series Book 4)
Running Scared (The Eddie Malloy series Book 4)
Price: 2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A passable racing novel., 25 Aug 2013
I had hoped to find another series of racing novels of the standard of the Dick Francis novels. Unfortunately this book is not up to the same standard. It is nevertheless, a readable novel combining crime and horse racing, and I am tempted to try another by the same authors.

Allibert Jardin Set of 4 Sicilia Forest Green Armchairs
Allibert Jardin Set of 4 Sicilia Forest Green Armchairs

5.0 out of 5 stars A good set of chairs., 25 Aug 2013
These chairs are attractive and very comfortable, with high backs and a good seat shape. They are good value for money. Together with the table made by the same company, they make an excellent set of patio furniture.

Page: 1 | 2